What's the weather like where you are?

madison

16 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Cold...  

You don't know what cold is.  Cold in Jacksonville?  Come on Paul.  I hope you have tickets to the Bills game?   I am sure not.  Being we beat your fish twice. My cousins in Sunrise (Ft Lauderdale area) are Dolphin fans but from here and know I am a huge Bills fan.  I am sure they were rooting for Buffalo to get in.  

Why Do Pipes Burst ?

Cold weather can cause serious issues when it affects the water supply pipes in your home. Although cold temperatures generally cause things to contract, ice has more volume than water so when water freezes inside a pipe, it expands and increases pressure inside the pipe. The building pressure needs to escape so it literally bursts right out of the pipe. This sometimes occurs at a weak joint in the pipe but pressure can burst right out the side of the pipe wall. One way to prevent water pipes from bursting during extreme cold is to turn on your faucets to allow a slow but steady stream of water to escape. This will keep water moving through the pipes and, most importantly, prevent pressure from building up inside. To prevent frozen pipes, Insulate exposed water supply pipes with foam pipe sleeves and don’t allow the temperature in the house to fall below 55 degrees Fahrenheit. Open cabinet doors below sinks to allow warm air to circulate around pipes.
https://www.rotorooter.com/plumbing-basics/frequently-asked-questions/plumbing-in-your-home/why-do-pipes-burst/

9 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

I’m sorry but I don’t understand centigrade and don’t care to understand it or the metric system or any other foreign system.

Degrees Fahrenheit to Degrees Centigrade/Celsius:  temperature Fahrenheit, subtract 32; take ensuing total and multiply it by 5/9

e.g., 212 F (boiling point for water) : 212 - 32 = 180; 180 * 5/9 = 100 Centigrade/Celsius

Degrees Centigrade/Celsius to Degrees Fahrenheit:  temperature Centigrade/Celsius, multiply by 9/5; take ensuing total and add 32

e.g., 100 C : 100 * 9/5 = 180; 180 + 32 = 212 Fahrenheit

3 hours ago, ForEvermore said:

Degrees Fahrenheit to Degrees Centigrade/Celsius:  temperature Fahrenheit, subtract 32; take ensuing total and multiply it by 5/9

e.g., 212 F (boiling point for water) : 212 - 32 = 180; 180 * 5/9 = 100 Centigrade/Celsius

Degrees Centigrade/Celsius to Degrees Fahrenheit:  temperature Centigrade/Celsius, multiply by 9/5; take ensuing total and add 32

OR......

Celcius.

0 degrees is what water freezes at.

100 degrees is what water boils at.

Makes SO much more sense and given the above, how can it not be easier?

11 hours ago, ForEvermore said:

I cannot substract and multiply. So I want metric system and Centigrades to be used.

12 hours ago, rm2551 said:

OR......

Celcius.

0 degrees is what water freezes at.

100 degrees is what water boils at.

Makes SO much more sense and given the above, how can it not be easier?

Yes - I used both Centigrade and Celsius labels in my description above. (It is spelled with an "s", by the way: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celsius )

4 hours ago, Freeyyaa said:

I cannot substract and multiply. So I want metric system and Centigrades to be used.

You can't always get what you want. :) 

4 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

OR

Multiply  c by 2, add 30 and subtract 1

So 16c x 2 = 32 + 30 - 1 = 61f

Yes, this is the quick cheat I use to bounce between the two as well - it's a decent approximation for temperatures that commonly occur (although as the temperature goes higher, it becomes more inaccurate).

Also, you do realize that multiplying by 2 and adding 29 would be a more concise version of your formula, don't you? ;)