Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
madison

What's the weather like where you are?

2017 Arctic Blast

Sunday Morning 18F Wind Chill

N Wind Gusting to 23mph

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 17. Wind chill values between 4 and 14. North wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/uschill.gif

WC 12-31-17.jpg

Edited by The Rover

Enjoying winter, windows open 24 hours a day wearing shorts and a t-shirt at midnight while eating popsicles! :hysterical:

Edited by luvlz2

44 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

Enjoying winter, windows open 24 hours a day wearing shorts and a t-shirt at midnight while eating popsicles! :hysterical:

Windows open here today on a warm, sunny day. Just dragged the tree out to the backyard.  Taking down the ornaments before this evening’s festivities!

Cold, Cold, Cold, Cold....

WC 1-1-2018.jpg

16 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Cold...  

You don't know what cold is.  Cold in Jacksonville?  Come on Paul.  I hope you have tickets to the Bills game?   I am sure not.  Being we beat your fish twice. My cousins in Sunrise (Ft Lauderdale area) are Dolphin fans but from here and know I am a huge Bills fan.  I am sure they were rooting for Buffalo to get in.  

On 1/1/2018 at 4:47 AM, The Rover said:

Cold, Cold, Cold, Cold....

WC 1-1-2018.jpg

Yes - this f*&^ing weather is lasting all week!

Thank goodness we get a return to normal finally next Monday - jeez...

Why Do Pipes Burst ?

Cold weather can cause serious issues when it affects the water supply pipes in your home. Although cold temperatures generally cause things to contract, ice has more volume than water so when water freezes inside a pipe, it expands and increases pressure inside the pipe. The building pressure needs to escape so it literally bursts right out of the pipe. This sometimes occurs at a weak joint in the pipe but pressure can burst right out the side of the pipe wall. One way to prevent water pipes from bursting during extreme cold is to turn on your faucets to allow a slow but steady stream of water to escape. This will keep water moving through the pipes and, most importantly, prevent pressure from building up inside. To prevent frozen pipes, Insulate exposed water supply pipes with foam pipe sleeves and don’t allow the temperature in the house to fall below 55 degrees Fahrenheit. Open cabinet doors below sinks to allow warm air to circulate around pipes.
https://www.rotorooter.com/plumbing-basics/frequently-asked-questions/plumbing-in-your-home/why-do-pipes-burst/

Posted (edited)

A Blast from the Past: The Storm of the Century: The Blizzard of 1949, where the President authorized the US Military to dig people out in a four state area...

Edited by The Rover

next 5 days are HOT here. 32 to 35 celcius - and mad humidity. (90 to 95f). Better than SA and VIC though, there getting up to 45 (111)

time for a swim...

2018 Winter Storm Grayson Bombogenesis

20180041512_GOES16_ABI_ne_GEOCOLOR_1200x

It will feel like this

FxJvk.jpg

3 degrees Centigrade above zero.
I would like all of you to convert all the temperature data into Centograde scale.
 Who is to blame for it all?

2 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

11 degrees Fahrenheit feels like 1 degree with the wind chill.

Centigrades, please.

A beautiful sunny winters day. For once! We went for a walk in the Peaks and here is a wonderful Peak village:

IMG_0612.thumb.JPG.3f2fee11c759dd7405c880f9d3aa9a9f.JPG

13 minutes ago, Freeyyaa said:

Centigrades, please.

I’m sorry but I don’t understand centigrade and don’t care to understand it or the metric system or any other foreign system.

9 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

I’m sorry but I don’t understand centigrade and don’t care to understand it or the metric system or any other foreign system.

Degrees Fahrenheit to Degrees Centigrade/Celsius:  temperature Fahrenheit, subtract 32; take ensuing total and multiply it by 5/9

e.g., 212 F (boiling point for water) : 212 - 32 = 180; 180 * 5/9 = 100 Centigrade/Celsius

Degrees Centigrade/Celsius to Degrees Fahrenheit:  temperature Centigrade/Celsius, multiply by 9/5; take ensuing total and add 32

e.g., 100 C : 100 * 9/5 = 180; 180 + 32 = 212 Fahrenheit