New member.

the fool

Hey. I'm 19, I live in southern California (but I'm planning to change that as soon as i can -- it sucks here). I play guitar (thanks to Mr Page) and a couple other instruments. I also like a lot of good music, mostly from the mid-70's and backwards. I can't really stand much music that's been in the mainstream for the past twenty years. Anyone hear the Across The Universe movie soundtrack? I wanted to puke.

Anyway, Led Zeppelin have been my favorite band since I first heard them at about 14 or 15. I found Early Days in my dad's CD collection and as soon as I got through the album, I knew there was no way to turn back: I was hooked. Since then, I've collected every CD and a few records. I just can't explain the vibes I feel to anyone when I hear a Zeppelin song, but I'm sure you all feel the same things... And that's why I've registered here.

Hope for a warm welcome.

Hello and welcome! California sounds so lovely, must be warm there.. :D

The same thing happened to me too, I found the Remasters CD in my dad's CD collection and I loved it!

How long have you played guitar?

Hey that was the same with me!! My dad wanted to hear Stairway to Heaven again as he hadn't had any Zeppelin on in years so he went out and bought remasters. I was about 14 or 15 at the time. I loved Stairway...it was the most amazing thing I had ever heard in my life. A little time later I borrowed the CD and listened to the full thing from start to finish and I was speechless by the end of it. And that was it...hooked! :lol:

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!! :wave:

. I can't really stand much music that's been in the mainstream for the past twenty years. Anyone hear the Across The Universe movie soundtrack? I wanted to puke.

I understand how you feel. I would have loved to have seen Across The Universe, but none of the original music was used and I think it would have made me puke too. Glad we did not go to see that show together. :lol:

. I just can't explain the vibes I feel to anyone when I hear a Zeppelin song, but I'm sure you all feel the same things... And that's why I've registered here.

You are in the right place. WELCOME.

Hey that was the same with me!! My dad wanted to hear Stairway to Heaven again as he hadn't had any Zeppelin on in years so he went out and bought remasters. I was about 14 or 15 at the time. I loved Stairway...it was the most amazing thing I had ever heard in my life. A little time later I borrowed the CD and listened to the full thing from start to finish and I was speechless by the end of it. And that was it...hooked! :lol:

Whoa, that's quite spooky - that sounds EXACTLY like how I first got into them. The CD, the age, everything. I stole that CD for about 2 years before I got my own. This had been after an earlier attempt by my dad some years earlier when, as a child, he made me sit with big earphones on and listen to Stairway from The Song Remains The Same vinyl. Didn't appreciate it too much back then, which makes me feel a little ill. That I have once in my life listened to that song and not appreciated its genius is something I am not proud of!

Oh, and hi to The Fool!

Welcome to The Board.

Thanks for the welcome.

Hello and welcome! California sounds so lovely, must be warm there.. :D

[...]

How long have you played guitar?

It's getting cold (finally!) now that winter's coming. I'm getting sick of the heat. It was always in the 100's this summer so any coolness in the weather is fine with me. Too bad it doesn't snow here. I really miss the snow.

I've been playing guitar for about 6 years now. Stairway to Heaven was probably the fourth song I learned after I learned some Dylan tunes.

Thank you for the welcome.

Thank you.

You are in the right place. WELCOME.

Thanks very much B)

Dads are cool

I agree with that. Mine used to be a hippy. My mum and dad used to have very little, so they would sit on the floor of their old house with nothing but a record player listening to Floyd, Zep etc. How cool is that!!!!

Your parents sound cool richard.

And yeah noora, dad's are really cool. My dad told me about how he was trying to get to Woodstock on August 16th, but for some reason he didn't make it and ended up in Asbury Park that same night and saw Zeppelin there! How lucky is that? I mean, to see Led Zeppelin in 1969?? Jeez. Must have been amazing. He was pretty stoned that night so he doesn't remember much of it... But I once asked him about the show and he put on a Zeppelin CD, turned the stereo up full blast in the living room and said, "that's what it was like." That's one of the few things I'm really jealous of.

Hello and wellcome

love your avy.

Thanks. John and George are my favorite Beatles. B)

Oh, and hi to The Fool!

Thanks for remembering :D

Welcome!!!!!

Thank you very much.

Hey. I'm 19, I live in southern California (but I'm planning to change that as soon as i can -- it sucks here). I play guitar (thanks to Mr Page) and a couple other instruments. I also like a lot of good music, mostly from the mid-70's and backwards. I can't really stand much music that's been in the mainstream for the past twenty years. Anyone hear the Across The Universe movie soundtrack? I wanted to puke.

Anyway, Led Zeppelin have been my favorite band since I first heard them at about 14 or 15. I found Early Days in my dad's CD collection and as soon as I got through the album, I knew there was no way to turn back: I was hooked. Since then, I've collected every CD and a few records. I just can't explain the vibes I feel to anyone when I hear a Zeppelin song, but I'm sure you all feel the same things... And that's why I've registered here.

Hope for a warm welcome.

Hey the fool,

I am new also and I first heard Led Zeppelin when I was 14. The album Presence had just been released and our former fm radio station 96 rock was playing "Candy Store Rock" and I thought the song was so cool.

Little did I know that would be the beginning of a long relationship with Led Zeppelin as I started to collect each of their albums.

I too own every CD and DVD that Led Zeppelin has put out and feel there is no other and will never be another band that can come even close to the power and vibe that Led Zeppelin puts out.

Robert Plant recently said that Presence was his favorite album and thought it best illustrated what Led Zeppelin was, and I found that interesting as Presence was the album that led me to becoming a huge Led Zeppelin fan.

So hopefully I'll get a warm welcome too!!

So hopefully I'll get a warm welcome too!!

Well, I welcome you B) Though Presence is not one of my favorite albums (I prefer the earlier albums: I, II, III, IV, PG), I do really like a lot of the songs on it. Presence was a lot better than anything else that was being played at the time and is better than most stuff being played now, so I can't really complain about it.

PG is probably my most favorite album. I love the way the double album had or CD now had one dedicated to newley written material and the other was dedicated to songs that were never released on their previous albums.

So you play guitar, that is really cool. My brother plays lead guitar and vocals in his group called Crossfracture, and he is also a huge Zeppelin fan.

Hope you enjoy this forum, and man it is amazing how I stumbled across this website and I noticed this forum is very new because at the beginning of November one member was number 54 and now at the end of November there are almost 2,000 members. That is awesome.

Now I've just got to learn to navigate through the forums and post and I'll have it made.

There is so much to post about in all the forums and I know you like me will enjoy the Zeppelin Forum ride!!!! :D

It's getting cold (finally!) now that winter's coming. I'm getting sick of the heat. It was always in the 100's this summer so any coolness in the weather is fine with me. Too bad it doesn't snow here. I really miss the snow.

I've been playing guitar for about 6 years now. Stairway to Heaven was probably the fourth song I learned after I learned some Dylan tunes.

Thank you for the welcome.

And yeah noora, dad's are really cool. My dad told me about how he was trying to get to Woodstock on August 16th, but for some reason he didn't make it and ended up in Asbury Park that same night and saw Zeppelin there! How lucky is that? I mean, to see Led Zeppelin in 1969?? Jeez. Must have been amazing. He was pretty stoned that night so he doesn't remember much of it... But I once asked him about the show and he put on a Zeppelin CD, turned the stereo up full blast in the living room and said, "that's what it was like." That's one of the few things I'm really jealous of.

Well I think you're lucky because sometimes it's too cold here. In summers too, it's so sad.

Wow, you're dad is so lucky! That is so amazing! :blink:

Well I think you're lucky because sometimes it's too cold here. In summers too, it's so sad.

Wow, you're dad is so lucky! That is so amazing! :blink:

Oh, Finland. wow... I believe you. It must get cold there. And yeah, to think that he missed all of those great bands at woodstock, but got to see the greatest of them all. Must have been amazing B)

PG is probably my most favorite album. I love the way the double album had or CD now had one dedicated to newley written material and the other was dedicated to songs that were never released on their previous albums.

So you play guitar, that is really cool. My brother plays lead guitar and vocals in his group called Crossfracture, and he is also a huge Zeppelin fan.

Hope you enjoy this forum, and man it is amazing how I stumbled across this website and I noticed this forum is very new because at the beginning of November one member was number 54 and now at the end of November there are almost 2,000 members. That is awesome.

Now I've just got to learn to navigate through the forums and post and I'll have it made.

There is so much to post about in all the forums and I know you like me will enjoy the Zeppelin Forum ride!!!! :D

This forum is a reincarnation of a much older forum from another site, the huge jump in members is due to people migrating from the old board to this one

*edited to add* at least among active posters, I see the same people here I did on the old site primarily

Oh, Finland. wow... I believe you. It must get cold there. And yeah, to think that he missed all of those great bands at woodstock, but got to see the greatest of them all. Must have been amazing B)

Yep. It's sometimes pretty warm here too, usually in July or August.

Your dad is so lucky. My dad didn't have the oppoturnity to see Led Zeppelin.

Yep. It's sometimes pretty warm here too, usually in July or August.

Your dad is so lucky. My dad didn't have the oppoturnity to see Led Zeppelin.

Yeah, my dad was lucky but I'm sure he smoked too much weed to even remember being there. :D I just wish I could've been there... I would never forget it, no matter how much I've smoked B)

Yeah, my dad was lucky but I'm sure he smoked too much weed to even remember being there. :D I just wish I could've been there... I would never forget it, no matter how much I've smoked B)

Yep. That's a shame I guess. I'd never forget it either, if only I had a chance to see Zeppelin. :(

Thanks for remembering :D

That's cool! I think personally it's a good thing to get talking to the newest guys around as I was never one of the regular gang before. They all seem lovely, but it's just difficult to integrate yourself into an already established group of friends - real or virtual. And where there are many new people here, I like that there is less of that difficult and often awkward attempts to establish yourself.

Anyway, I am very much welcoming everyone who's well new!! HI!

Yep. That's a shame I guess. I'd never forget it either, if only I had a chance to see Zeppelin. :(

Well, there is still TSRTS and the DVD to watch B)

That's cool! I think personally it's a good thing to get talking to the newest guys around as I was never one of the regular gang before. They all seem lovely, but it's just difficult to integrate yourself into an already established group of friends - real or virtual. And where there are many new people here, I like that there is less of that difficult and often awkward attempts to establish yourself.

Anyway, I am very much welcoming everyone who's well new!! HI!

Yeah, sometimes it's tough to get into a new scene be it real or virtual, as you said. At least we all have the same common tastes in music here, so that should make it easy enough. It's pretty hard to find a whole congregation of Zeppelin fans gathered together to talk about the music where I live, so this is a great place.

HI THERE

Always a pleasure to meet a young man that's a musician :D

It's a pleasure to meet you too :)

Welcome the fool, you're amongst friends!! :D

Thank you! It looks like that's true (amongst friends).

Welcome! I'm from So Cal too. My dad has your sig picture framed and hanging up right above the computer.

It's an awesome picture... When I first saw it (I think it was on a t-shirt) I knew that Pete had to be one of the coolest guitarists of all time. "This guitar has seconds to live." How much cooler than that can it get?

Archived