Robert Plant at the Bahrain Grand Prix

Ady

He was on camera for a few seconds, but wouldn't talk to Martin Brundle. Shame, Eric Clapton was there, he had a few words.

This from BBC Sport:

1237: Led Zep frontman Robert Plant is on the grid but doesn't fancy speaking to Martin Brundle. But Eric Clapton isn't so shy. "I love Ferrari," says the guitar-playing legend. "I've loved F1 since the day I was born. Ferrari will be alright in a couple of races..."

This from BBC Sport:

1237: Led Zep frontman Robert Plant is on the grid but doesn't fancy speaking to Martin Brundle. But Eric Clapton isn't so shy. "I love Ferrari," says the guitar-playing legend. "I've loved F1 since the day I was born. Ferrari will be alright in a couple of races..."

I hope Clapton is right. Lol.

I hope Clapton is right. Lol.

Hi Zanadu

I dont, Ferrari has thrown millions every year at keeping the other teams at bay, now that the playing surface is equal the Best Drivers with the Most Reliable cars will get their just deserts and money cant be used to win the championship.

Well done "Belly Button" and lets see an English Driver win the Championship with an English Car again.

Regards, Danny

He was on camera for a few seconds, but wouldn't talk to Martin Brundle. Shame, Eric Clapton was there, he had a few words.

it was also said, by Bob Varsha of SpeedChannel, that Nick Mason was in attendance as well.

Hell, find a bass player of note and have an impromptu supergroup jam.

What, if anything, is behind it? Is the Prince hoping to raise the profile of the Bahrain

Grand Prix...or entice established artists to perform there in the future..or ?

or just trying to look cool, hanging out with rock stars.

Remember the movie "Cannonball Run" with Jamie Farr as the sheik with too much money? Might be the same thing here.

Uhhh, they did just last year.

Where ya' been, Danny?

Hi 'danelectro59'

Not trying to being facetious (does that mean "Shitfaced"?) but i did say "Again" mate.

"Well done "Belly Button" and lets see an English Driver win the Championship with an English Car again."

Regards, Danny

What, if anything, is behind it? Is the Prince hoping to raise the profile of the Bahrain

Grand Prix...or entice established artists to perform there in the future..or ?

Hi Steve,

He's trying to sell the thousands of Condos and Appartments that he's been there building for years, only thing is if a Tsunami comes his way then everybody would have wished they had brought a Yacht. :lol:

Regards, Danny

Archived