Was there truly a committment or was it a ploy?

FullyLedded

Maybe some light could be shed on the real truth. Were Jimmy, John Paul, and Jason seriously gonna put out new material and tour? or was the ploy to bring in Myles, Steven Tyler and maybe others just to put pressure on Robert to come back to the nest? Any concrete info would be much appreciated.

Thanks....but now in your most honest and educated opinion....where does it go from here?

...This is good question. There is quite bit news/discussions about Jimmy Page approaching musicians for new project, BUT from the opposite, which artists (new or past) have approached Jimmy Page/John Paul Jones for new possibilities....?

Has Jimmy turned down any offers?

Thanks....but now in your most honest and educated opinion....where does it go from here?

None of us have that answer. I guess time will tell. I like many would love for the future to have Jimmy back on stage performing but whether that is the case remains to be seen.

You know no matter what i would just love to see these guys play.If they do it together great (Jimmy,John,Jason), or apart.I just hope they dont cheapin themselves by playing with acts which are below them for the sheer value of getting out with someone whose on the top 40 of today.These are the former members of LED FUCKING ZEPPELIN and they still are on top of the heap.

Regards

Cav

You know no matter what i would just love to see these guys play.If they do it together great (Jimmy,John,Jason), or apart.I just hope they dont cheapin themselves by playing with acts which are below them for the sheer value of getting out with someone whose on the top 40 of today.These are the former members of LED FUCKING ZEPPELIN and they still are on top of the heap.

Regards

Cav

Cav, I "kind" of understand what you are saying, but what is cheap is an individual opinion. I also think that legendary bands who have accomplished great careers need to involve young/less experienced musicians....this establishes mutual respect for one an another.......

Regards

Cav

I think it all depends on how it's done and I would think if Jimmy were to do that, he'd go about it in a way that would be pretty amazing :)

I think it all depends on how it's done and I would think if Jimmy were to do that, he'd go about it in a way that would be pretty amazing :)

I think in the short term they should work on being a backing band for Jeff Beck @ the HOF induction ceremony. I'm imagining Shapes of tHings/Beck's Bolero/Happenings 10 years time ago..

I wouldn't get your hopes up too high with regard to Jimmy making any public statements. His manager might be persuaded to say something, I guess . . . ("I don't know what the hell he's doing!")

And after all the event in April is about Jeff entering the HOF, I guess Jimmy won't want to draw too much attention by some public statements.

He'll be spending some time in the states so there are guitar magazines interested in

getting interviews with him lined up the same week.

Hmmm, let's wait and see then. Though I really hope he will make a return to guitar, I've learned to lean back and not to hold my breath.

And after all the event in April is about Jeff entering the HOF, I guess Jimmy won't want to draw too much attention by some public statements.

There's no reason for him (they?) not to make an announcement after the event, that is if indeed, there is anything to announce.

There's no reason for him (they?) not to make an announcement after the event, that is if indeed, there is anything to announce.

Yes, sure, as Steve said there would probably be interviews or something like that. I do hope there is something to announce, but like Aqua said, try not to get my hopes up too high.

He'll probably say what he always says in these interviews--I've got something in the works, there are several projects brewing, all new music, etc. etc.

Then we all die of old age waiting for it.

Nobody would be happier to be wrong than me!

Archived