Religions

Heartbreaker_Girl

The lyrics to Stairway to Heaven were made up on the fly. Those backwards messages are just a coincidence.

Yeah, I don't believe that they were recorded like that on purpose:

First: Why would you want to play it backwards in the first place? :huh:

Second: If your brain can understand it frontwards, your subconscious mind isn't going to play it backwards anyways. (That means that Satan is not going to hack into your brain)

Thrid: "Who can sing backwards anyways?"

Yeah, I don't believe that they were recorded like that on purpose:

First: Why would you want to play it backwards in the first place? :huh:

Second: If your brain can understand it frontwards, your subconscious mind isn't going to play it backwards anyways. (That means that Satan is not going to hack into your brain)

Thrid: "Who can sing backwards anyways?"

Actually there was some band in Sweden I think who sang it backwards for Robert on some interview he was doing for tv in 2005. It was pretty odd, to say the least.

As far as I know, no member of Led Zeppelin was very christian through their career, but John Paul Jones started as a church mususcian. Jimmy's interest in ocultism can not be considered a religion, it actually was an interest. Plant was always on his search for spiritual perfection, but I don't know where he found it. Bonzo maybe wasn't that intelectual and interested in religion.

But no one yet has mentioned the most important religion of all- Zeppelinism, based on worshipping Led Zeppelin.

Like Jack Black begging for being licensed to use the Immigrant Song :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXQMnwSeJig

Actually there was some band in Sweden I think who sang it backwards for Robert on some interview he was doing for tv in 2005. It was pretty odd, to say the least.

Yeah it's a tribute band called Tangerine. I'd agree it was pretty odd...

And in the same interview Robert said that he did believe there are "hands of higher being", but when he was asked where they (Bonzo and Karac) were and if he would meet them again, he said "I have no idea", not "in heaven" or something like that.

And he said "I don't think it's so much about god in our lives, it's more about how we are, in our lives, to each other."

As far as I know, no member of Led Zeppelin was very christian through their career, but John Paul Jones started as a church mususcian. Jimmy's interest in ocultism can not be considered a religion, it actually was an interest. Plant was always on his search for spiritual perfection, but I don't know where he found it. Bonzo maybe wasn't that intelectual and interested in religion.

But no one yet has mentioned the most important religion of all- Zeppelinism, based on worshipping Led Zeppelin.

Like Jack Black begging for being licensed to use the Immigrant Song :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXQMnwSeJig

But that would imply they worship themselves :D;)

And in the same interview Robert said that he did believe there are "hands of higher being", but when he was asked where they (Bonzo and Karac) were and if he would meet them again, he said "I have no idea", not "in heaven" or something like that.

And he said "I don't think it's so much about god in our lives, it's more about how we are, in our lives, to each other."

Right - I had forgotten he talked about that. The woman interviewing him was a bit annoying and that band :blink: She kept showing him a photo of himself from Zep and harping on about how he looked - eh???

Right - I had forgotten he talked about that. The woman interviewing him was a bit annoying and that band :blink: She kept showing him a photo of himself from Zep and harping on about how he looked - eh???

I got the annoyed feeling too. I was like "What was she thinking and talking about?"

Zeppelin, Stairway, Sex symbol, coverband etc. etc., and she kept asking him about Bonzo and Karac. How unsensible was that?

I got the annoyed feeling too. I was like "What was she thinking and talking about?"

Zeppelin, Stairway, Sex symbol, coverband etc. etc., and she kept asking him about Bonzo and Karac. How unsensible was that?

Exactly! She didn't ask one question about Mighty Rearranger which was the reason he was doing interviews :blink:

Exactly! She didn't ask one question about Mighty Rearranger which was the reason he was doing interviews :blink:

Oh well, she did. She asked:"What is Mighty Rearranger? It's not even a word. Are you the mighty rearranger?"

:blink:

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I had Robert's tongue because IMHO, he's spot on with that remark.

God natt, Sverige hosted by Carina Berg

(on TV 4 in Sweden) (original airdate April 20, 2005)

Thanks Steve, I'm to lazy to type everything up. :D

I still have this interview with me, Robert was cool but that Carina was annoying annoying annoying.

I have it as well, and I must say I actually find it to be one of the most penetrating and introspective interviews he's ever done. When he confessed he didn't know where Bonzo & Karac were now you could have heard a pin drop. These certainly weren't flip topics they covered and he didn't resort to glib answers. Seems to me it became a catharsis

for him, speaking of such things so openly and frankly in the stillness of that night.

That's true. I was holding my breath and listening to every word he spoke. It was beautiful in its own way, but really made me feel a bit sad.

When I think more about it, it might have something to do with the way how the "high north" people speak? I'm not sure and mean no offence to anyone, but I'm often stunned by my norwegian friends when we talk. And then again I'm asian, we have totally different ways of thinking, something would be highly impolite for me as a chinese while it does no harm to the others.

And I still think the things like sex symbol she kept talking about annoying. B)

Edited by glicine

That's true. I was holding my breath and listening to every word he spoke. It was beautiful in its own way, but really made me feel a bit sad.

When I think more about it, it might have something to do with the way how the "high north" people speak? I'm not sure and mean no offence to anyone, but I'm often stunned by my norwegian friends when we talk. And then again I'm asian, we have totally different ways of thinking, something would be highly impolite for me as a chinese while it does no harm to the others.

And I still think the things like sex symbol she kept talking about annoying. B)

I think his referrence to where Karac and Bonzo were might have just been an emotional response to the question posed . A tough question to answer given the circumstance and his loss. A tough question for anyone who's still looking for an answer or explanation to the death of loved ones.

I found most of her questions/comments either annoying or inappropriate. While his answer about Bonzo and Karac was really touching, to me that's a very personal issue and I didn't get why she was bringing it up when the point of the interview was promoting a new album. I found watching the interview very uncomfortable to be honest. The whole thing with the photograph and that tribute band made me cringe and I do give him a lot of credit for being very polite to her :lol:

I found most of her questions/comments either annoying or inappropriate. While his answer about Bonzo and Karac was really touching, to me that's a very personal issue and I didn't get why she was bringing it up when the point of the interview was promoting a new album. I found watching the interview very uncomfortable to be honest. The whole thing with the photograph and that tribute band made me cringe and I do give him a lot of credit for being very polite to her :lol:

Yeah I like I said before I found it errr... insensible.

But the way I've known from my north friends, they can be very "straight", it's sometimes also very uncomfortable for me, but I know they mean no harm.

I have it as well, and I must say I actually find it to be one of the most penetrating and introspective interviews he's ever done. When he confessed he didn't know where Bonzo & Karac were now you could have heard a pin drop. These certainly weren't flip topics they covered and he didn't resort to glib answers. Seems to me it became a catharsis

for him, speaking of such things so openly and frankly in the stillness of that night.

...Steve, can this be made available to the forum?...

Tks.

When I listen to it, it freaks the (excuse my french) shit out if me... You know what is FREAKY? Listen to the Eagles Hotel California backwards. I get chills just thinking about it.... :run:

People that play songs backwards and say its a Satanic message have too much time on their hands. I have said this before, anything can be interpeted as Satanic. Like in STH, Plant could say "Satan and I are chilling right now. Pretty cool."

Btw, there delicious (the doughnuts (Harold and Kumar; Escape from Guantanimo Bay))!

What bothers me is that a lot of people find out that he was interested (as you said, not obsessed) in the occult and automatically label him as a Satanist.

Especially when there are hundreds of other specializations categorized by the word "occult," not just Satanism, but hey let's pick the one that sounds the worst, shall we? Ignorance. Pick up a book every now and again maybe? :rolleyes: