LED ZEPPELIN Hollywood Walk Of Fame Star Campaign Reaches 1,000-Signature Goal

The Pagemeister

2947879420_15ab159f05.jpg

On March 10, The Northern California man who started the petition drive to get LED ZEPPELIN a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame reached his 1,000-signature goal. The petition has been sent to guitarist Jimmy Page, singer Robert Plant and bassist/keyboardist John Paul Jones with a request to reconsider endorsing the campaign.

Last year, Rocky Dickerson from Chico requested written approval from LED ZEPPELIN members and management to proceed with the Hollywood nomination. In October, he received a response from the offices of Jimmy Page's accountant, Joan Hudson & Co, stating that Jimmy "has asked me to thank you for this interest but he does not feel that this is something that he can endorse."

Dickerson told the Chico Enterprise Record that he launched the star campaign after attending the LED ZEPPELIN reunion performance for the Ahmet Ertegün Tribute Concert in London last year and returning to California, only to find the VH1's No. 1 ranked "100 Greatest Artist's of Hard Rock" had no Hollywood star.

"I'm trying to make this a totally fan-driven thing," he said. "I don't want anything from any corporate entity, or anything from LED ZEPPELIN. I want this to be a small thing that we, the fans, can give back to LED ZEPPELIN after 40 years of great music."

A two-minute video report from NBC 24 Action News on Rocky Dickerson's LED ZEPPELIN star campaign can be viewed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCZXMT5hsbY.

For more information, visit www.ledzeppelinstar.com.

I wasn't aware a musical act could have a star on the "Hollywood" Walk of Fame. :blink:

Yep, they can.

Andrews Sisters, The

Beach Boys, The

Beatles, The

Bee Gees, The

Destiny's Child

Doors, The

Duran Duran

Earth, Wind & Fire

Everly Brothers, The

Fifth Dimension, The

Fleetwood Mac

Four Step Brothers, The

Four Tops, The

Gershwin, George & Ira

Lennon Sisters, The

Monkees, The

Osmond Family, The

Pointer Sisters, The

Seger, Bob & The Silver Bullet

Sonny & Cher

Sons of the Pioneers, The

Spinners, The

Steve Miller Band, The

Sunshine Band, KC & The

Supremes, The

Temptations, The

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

hollywoodusa.co.uk

Wonder why Jimmy didn't feel that he could endorse this??

Sharon

...Although I don't know the exact answer for your question, I do remember reading that the place for The Star was not suitable...perhaps some experts here can shed light on this issue....

I do appreciate his hard work and dedication...and although this generation loves Led Zeppelin, it would certainly be a great example for future generations....The Star will represent all Fans I think, spiritually and/or emotionally....

:D

Yep, they can.

Ok, buuuut..its still silly. Hollywood and Led Zeppelin are like apples and oranges. It's not like "The Song Remains the Same" won Best Picture. ;)

I don't blame the boys for not showing any interest in it. It's borderline lampoonish if you ask me.

Ok, buuuut..its still silly. Hollywood and Led Zeppelin are like apples and oranges.It's not like "The Song Remains the Same" won Best Picture. ;)

And yet they were in Hollywood. The Hollywood Walk of Fame stars have also gone to radio personalities like the Real Don Steele. I doubt that he is well known for his work in film.

Actually Hollywood and Zeppelin are like peaches and cream. :)

When they camped there it was legendary. They are definitely part of Hollywood history.

IMHO only, I don't see any reason to reject it.

Heck, they were the gods of Sunset Strip there for some time.

C'mon guys.....don't YOU be cheesy. B)

Just look at the list of stars there, Led Zeppelin definitely deserve to be there. My main reason for hoping this to come about is in Rocky Dickerson's own words

"I'm trying to make this a totally fan-driven thing," he said. "I don't want anything from any corporate entity, or anything from LED ZEPPELIN. I want this to be a small thing that we, the fans, can give back to LED ZEPPELIN after 40 years of great music."

....just think about it..... :)

On March 10, 2009 the Led Zeppelin Star Campaign Petition to get a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame reached 1000 signatures. The petition has been sent to Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones with a request to reconsider endorsing the drive.

In October of 2008 Jimmy Page had notified me through his representative that he could not endorse the campaign. I am hoping if the band reviews the many positive comments of support in the petition, they may have second thoughts, or at least, contact me with any questions or concerns they may have. Since it appears unlikely Zeppelin will reunite or tour again, I was looking at this effort as a final way all the fans could say “thank you” for all the joy and timeless music Led Zeppelin gave to us throughout the years.

Jimi Hendrix, the Doors and the Beatles are but a few of the rock icons who have a star on the Walk of Fame. I feel it’s time to honor Led Zeppelin with one. Jimmy Page was the first to be immortalized on the British Walk of Fame a few years ago and Zeppelin’s many American fans would like to extend a similar honor on U.S. shores.

I also want to thank the many wonderful people who signed the petition and left some touching and heartfelt remarks. My site at LedZeppelinStar.com will remain active and anyone can visit to view the petition. There are links to the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce site if anyone would like to learn more about the guidelines and requirements to nominate Led Zeppelin for the star.

Please feel free to contact me at Rocky@LedZeppelinStar.com with any positive comments.

Rocky Dickerson

...Although I don't know the exact answer for your question, I do remember reading that the place for The Star was not suitable...perhaps some experts here can shed light on this issue....

I do appreciate his hard work and dedication...and although this generation loves Led Zeppelin, it would certainly be a great example for future generations....The Star will represent all Fans I think, spiritually and/or emotionally....

Thanks PlanetPage for you answer! So, possibly that, plus or minus that they don't want to be associated with the whole Hollywood thing (as obviously some people on here don't like that idea, either..LOL!! :) )??! Who knows.....will be interesting to see if this ever happens or not.

thanks again!! :)

Sharon

Good luck Rocky with your second attempt now that you've reached a good criteria for this with over 1,000 signatures. You've certainly put a lot of effort into this and it hasn't gone unnoticed here. Thanks.

:thumbsup::beer:

Thanks PlanetPage for you answer! So, possibly that, plus or minus that they don't want to be associated with the whole Hollywood thing (as obviously some people on here don't like that idea, either..LOL!! :) )??! Who knows.....will be interesting to see if this ever happens or not.

thanks again!! :)

Sharon

Hello,

...There is really no need to thank me, it is the very Dedicated Fan that needs to be thanked...

as for Hollywood, (I wasn't totally naive about this thought, when I made my original post, but I underestimated its' importance here now)

Lots of journalists, men and women, have earned enormous amount of wealth and status by drowning page after page in massive ink (at expense of Led Zeppelin) and cashed in heavily....I do believe cultures communicate with each other in time, long after humans. The Star is a historic cultural reference to Led Zeppelin and their generation. I hope the same media/journalists will give Jimmy/Band enough strength to pick up the pen that is mightier than the sword and make a positive difference,

I am not making this post to create more posts for opinions but to value the Fan who is making very sincere effort from what he has written. If the Band does not agree, I certainly respect their decision, but it will be loss of society/culture, as we will have one less thing to tell our future generations about ourselves....

and that's it...I sincerely respect each and everyone's individual opinions, those are just my thoughts.... :D

Iit is always far too easier to greet the rising sun but little gathering as the sun sets...

78478093.jpg

Peace...

<_<

...?

I am speculating that the comment was directed towards clarification? of "my" post....

Journalists at large have most definitely contributed to "reputation" (books of "sensationalism") of Led Zeppelin as what is being referred to the "Hollywood Scene"....truly, The Band is deserving of every respect both musically, and culturally........It is so sad that this "scene" is a obstacle, judging from the comments here that is...

....If The post was understood previously, then please consider this as an addendum...tks...

As signature #891..... I am glad the goal was reached. If this guy feels that would be a good tribute then so be it. I am fine either way. They DO deserve one, but it doesn't add or diminish them in any way. I would just love to see the guys get together again for the ceremony. If they would even do it.

Archived