I Have never!

I've never seen Zep live, so I wanted to know if it was AMAZING! What turned me on to this topic was a dream I had. I was at a Zep concert and right when they did Kashmir, my soul was shot up into heaven. Sorry if that's a weird dream...

My dad saw them twice. Once in 1975 and the other time he doesn't remember. 1972-1977 or something. Anyway, he said it was louder and crazier than ever. He couldn't hear for a couple days.

I've never seen Zep live, so I wanted to know if it was AMAZING! What turned me on to this topic was a dream I had. I was at a Zep concert and right when they did Kashmir, my soul was shot up into heaven. Sorry if that's a weird dream...

I only got to see them once, in Chicago in 1977. It was AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Very loud, very AWESOME. I think the thing that amazed me in person was how much deeper Robert's voice sounded to me live than on records, and also how loud JPJ's bass was ( but I mean in a good way). the depth of sound overall really blew me away. Also, I was in the seats on the side of the stage,and it was Jimmy's side which made me oh-so-happy, as he has always been my obsession...I mean my fave Zep member. :D Jimmy was great the night I saw him. And they did the mid-set acoustic numbers which i didn't expect at the time. I think I sat there feeling a combination of being awe-struck/dumbfounded/jaw hanging open, and mesmerized by jimmy (and company, of course :) ). I also remember how much i loved Moby Dick and Bonham just pounding on everything, including the gongs.etc. Was LOVIN' the white satin poppy suit of JP's of course!!!!!!!!!! And him and that Les Paul........ no words.........

It truly was a dream come true for me as I was in the height of my first true obsession with a band (Zep!!!!!), and so had all the more appreciation for it (not to mention what I went through to get tix, but that's another story!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!).

I hope this gives you some of the feel for what is was like back then. I feel so blessed I ever got to see them...just wish I could have gone to many more (greedy, i know!! :) ). Well, WAS going to go in 1980, but...... :(

Sharon

I only got to see them once, in Chicago in 1977. It was AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Very loud, very AWESOME. I think the thing that amazed me in person was how much deeper Robert's voice sounded to me live than on records, and also how loud JPJ's bass was ( but I mean in a good way). the depth of sound overall really blew me away. Also, I was in the seats on the side of the stage,and it was Jimmy's side which made me oh-so-happy, as he has always been my obsession...I mean my fave Zep member. :D Jimmy was great the night I saw him. And they did the mid-set acoustic numbers which i didn't expect at the time. I think I sat there feeling a combination of being awe-struck/dumbfounded/jaw hanging open, and mesmerized by jimmy (and company, of course :) ). I also remember how much i loved Moby Dick and Bonham just pounding on everything, including the gongs.etc. Was LOVIN' the white satin poppy suit of JP's of course!!!!!!!!!! And him and that Les Paul........ no words.........

It truly was a dream come true for me as I was in the height of my first true obsession with a band (Zep!!!!!), and so had all the more appreciation for it (not to mention what I went through to get tix, but that's another story!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!).

I hope this gives you some of the feel for what is was like back then. I feel so blessed I ever got to see them...just wish I could have gone to many more (greedy, i know!! :) ). Well, WAS going to go in 1980, but...... :(

Sharon

That sounds so amazing... I hope like, excuse my french, hell Robert would just say yes and just go on that, excuse my french again, damn tour! Just give the young fans a chance! I will never give up hope, no matter what anyone says. I almost got tickets to go see them in 07', but my mom said "We are not FLYING TO ENGLAND just to see a dang concert!" I just want to move to England and get away from everyone except you guys. :D

That sounds so amazing... I hope like, excuse my french, hell Robert would just say yes and just go on that, excuse my french again, damn tour! Just give the young fans a chance! I will never give up hope, no matter what anyone says. I almost got tickets to go see them in 07', but my mom said "We are not FLYING TO ENGLAND just to see a dang concert!" I just want to move to England and get away from everyone except you guys. :D

Well don't give up hope--you never know what the future may bring. And you're not alone..we're ALL hoping, but probably ALL sick of all the conjecture/talk about what Robert will ever do, too. LOL!! :)

Glad I could at least share my experience of a lifetime with you! :)

Sharon

i do have a small chance of seeing a tribute band in Dallas... But you know Mom's right? I think they all get together and try to think up reasons not to let their kids do things. My dad did say that we might go to Guitar Center this weekend, and Guitar Center is in Dallas also...

i do have a small chance of seeing a tribute band in Dallas... But you know Mom's right? I think they all get together and try to think up reasons not to let their kids do things. My dad did say that we might go to Guitar Center this weekend, and Guitar Center is in Dallas also...

I don't know how old you are but I'm sure your mom has a good reason why she doesn't want you to go. Trust me when you're older, you'll appreciate it :)

I'm coming! :D

Seriously, England's not that great <_<

Seriously, England's not that great <_<

Neither is Texas... <_< but I still wanna move to England... Because, i went on a vacation to Jamaica(really nice people there!), and there were a lot of cute English guys runnin' 'round the whole place. One that I could of sworn looked just like Jimmy did in the 60's. He was so cute!

Neither is Texas... <_< but I still wanna move to England... Because, i went on a vacation to Jamaica(really nice people there!), and there were a lot of cute English guys runnin' 'round the whole place. One that I could of sworn looked just like Jimmy did in the 60's. He was so cute!

There's good looking guys in the States as well as in England and pretty much everywhere ;)

Archived