What song is stuck in your head?

Reggie1971

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have no idea who the Drive By Truckers are, nor why the You/Tube uploader used their album for a Gregg Allman song.

They're an Athens, Georgia based band who released a double album length concept album called Southern Rock Opera in 2001 that traced the trajectory of Lynyrd Skynyrd in the 1970s along with the fictional band, Kudzu Guillotine. My guess is, the person that uploaded the Gregg Allman tune is also a fan of the Drive-By Truckers. They made an appearance on Late Night with David Letterman last night performing a cover of "Everybody Needs Love" by the late Eddie Hinton.

http://youtu.be/wb6A1mL8-K8

The original by Eddie Hinton:

• 1 month later...

I wonder if science can explain why it's often the songs we don't like that get stuck in our heads. Tormenting me this week are "Mandolin Wind" by Bruce Hornsby and "Come Monday" by Jimmy Buffett. I'm trying to drive them out with some classic Philly soul tracks.

I wonder if science can explain why it's often the songs we don't like that get stuck in our heads. Tormenting me this week are "Mandolin Wind" by Bruce Hornsby and "Come Monday" by Jimmy Buffett. I'm trying to drive them out with some classic Philly soul tracks.

I think I have the worst one in the world right now; hopefully if I deposit it here it will go away! :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUntx0pe_qI

hey listen, im just happy there any wiggles songs in there...other baby nephews arent there yet. im tellin ya, just one viisit and that is totally stuck in your head for more than a day....more than a day, is all i gotta say. haha. i am in skipping all around and just listening while sort of tired, so its just that and bought a few new cds too, first cds in a long time. been listenin to burned stuff.

hey listen, im just happy there any wiggles songs in there...other baby nephews arent there yet. im tellin ya, just one viisit and that is totally stuck in your head for more than a day....more than a day, is all i gotta say. haha. i am in skipping all around and just listening while sort of tired, so its just that and bought a few new cds too, first cds in a long time. been listenin to burned stuff.

When my youngest was ~1; we watched The Wiggles & The Crocodile Hunter video over and over (and over and over) and over and over ... (and over and over) :blink: (this was during my Zep free years)

Edited by Virginia

When my youngest was ~1; we watched The Wiggles & The Crocodile Hunter video over and over (and over and over) and over and over ... (and over and over) :blink: (this was during my Zep free years)

i thank you for freaking my friday night out...it was great. ya know...as far as tv goes, i remember when, in my adult yrs...when cops came on tv, then the mtv special promo for the led zeppelin box set and we saw a video for -travelling riverside bluese and over the hills....oh yeah remember thatl...but then i only remember -thecrocodile hunter, steve irwin, as the most interesting tv for yrs...for me. so anyway...yeah i will watch that a few more times tonight.