Least Favorite LZ Studio Album

OK, then, great, we're all pals. :) Let the thread recommence!

(And I have no problem with you either, Jahfin, I enjoy the give-and-take.)

I've gotta know now Aqua. What's your favorite Led Zeppelin album? ;) lol

No no don't worry about that. I think I was afraid that I was going to be condemned for this topic and I overreacted and I acused. I think I owe everybody an apology. I acted poorly. I'm not a hater! On y'all or on the albums. I just don't want everyone to think that.

Nobody thinks that. :kiss:

Oh, and my favorite is as hard as my least favorite! ;) Different styles/moods, y'know? For today, I'll say it's PG.

Nobody thinks that. :kiss:

Oh, and my favorite is as hard as my least favorite! ;) Different styles/moods, y'know? For today, I'll say it's PG.

Thanks, I'm glad! :D

Well, that makes since that your favorite would be as hard as your least! Should've known. I bet Led Zeppelin themselves would find these questions difficult to answer too. Completely different time periods, styles, and moods like you said. PG is such a great album though!

"There's an angel on my shoulder..." one of my favorites

HOTH

And that's an album the "critics" love to drool over .... Ha Ha Ha

I DO love the live versions of HOTH songs...... I DO.

But HOTH is my Least Favorite Studio album of all the LZ albums!

It's the one studio album that I would never give or loan to another human being on earth.

Whereas, I fell no bones about giving or loaning out CODA. Some very nice tunes --as recorded-- on that album.

HOTH

And that's an album the "critics" love to drool over .... Ha Ha Ha

I DO love the liver versions of HOTH songs...... I DO.

But HOTH is my Least Favorite Studio album of all the LZ albums!

It's the one studio album that I would never give or loan to another human being on earth.

Whereas, I fell no bones about giving or loaning out CODA. Some very nice tunes --as recorded-- on that album.

Never cared for liver myself

<_<

I understand what you mean about HOTH. The sound quality, especially in Plant's voice has never sounded good to me either. The songs sound soooo much better live than on the album.

In Through The Out Door. I like the songs but out of the whole lot it's my least favourite, to me they became unrecognisable then.

It definitely sounds different than their earlier stuff but then so does Houses of the Holy. That's the beauty of Zep - they were always changing and exploring new sounds. So I look at the change as par for their course if that makes sense.

I understand what you mean about HOTH. The sound quality, especially in Plant's voice has never sounded good to me either.

That's one of the reasons why In Through The Outdoor is my least favourite Zeppelin albums. Ok, we know Plant's voice changed dramatically after '73 but the way Plant's voice was recorded for that album is kind of weak in my view. Sounds like he was sitting in a fridge.

I love the way Plant's voice was recorded on Houses (except on The Song Remains The Same).

Favorite to least favorite:

Led Zeppelin II

Led Zeppelin I

House of the Holy

Led Zeppelin IV

Physical Graffiti

In Through the Out Door

Presence

Coda

What about "III"?

That's one of the reasons why In Through The Outdoor is my least favourite Zeppelin albums. Ok, we know Plant's voice changed dramatically after '73 but the way Plant's voice was recorded for that album is kind of weak in my view. Sounds like he was sitting in a fridge.

I love the way Plant's voice was recorded on Houses (except on The Song Remains The Same).

I like ITTOD.... the music is so rich and full..... I did not/do not remember any issues that I heard with Robert's vocie on ITTOD.

As for HOTH.... both the voice, and, the music was weak sounding, to varing degrees.... that is, as it was mixed dwon for the album pressing. WTLB and The Ocean are allright. But songs like NQ, TSRTS and OTHAFA are just night and day, as compared to live versions. And, the liver versions are not much different!! :elvis2:

Archived