What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

It must be difficult to watch your sister go through this and turn her back to all concern and help. I don't know what type or stage she has? But sometimes people will give up if they think the battle will be a futile effort. Wish you the best in trying to cope with a terrible situation. I have to see someone Friday that is going to lose his wife to cancer. It happens to be my biological father who I dont really know too well. I met the woman once and feel bad for her. Its lung cancer and advanced. So that pretty much sums it up. Not much I can do or say, just try and be supportive I guess.

Supportive and depending on how well you know the person, extremely honest. I know when my father was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer back in early 1991 he was given aprox 2 yrs. After I got over the initial shock of this news, I began to focus all my attention on trying to do things for him. One day he took me aside and told me that all he really wanted was people to be themselves around him and not to be affraid to ask him the questions that we wanted to ask. He felt that if we were prepared to be honest with him then he would feel much better about sharing his thoughts and wishes with us. That conversation has served me well over the years. We have had our share of dear friends and family pass away from cancer since my father passed away in 92 and I can honestly say that being able to talk openly and honestly with each and every one of them has provided me with a special bond that will be there forever. Don't be affraid to ask the question. Most really do want us to

My youngest (8) now has swimmer's ear; we're treating both ears. :( The downside of swim team (sigh).

You have my sympathy. That happened to me once and I had to go to the doctor.

He put me on painkillers, the opiate kind. It was that bad.

Fortunately, I used only half of the prescription of 12.

But even 6 Tylenol 3s (2 a day for 3 days) was enough to leave me craving more once I stopped.

Very addictive...but a diet of bananas helped to balance everything and boost my energy.

Ever since then I am very careful not to get the ear infected by keeping it clean, dry and not scratching if it itches.

Sometimes the cologne sprays that have vitamins and a low alchohol content are a helpful topical relief because they stop the itching.

And if you scratch the ear too much it aggravates the swelling and then it can become too painful to get any sleep, to the point where the ear throbs all night so you're in constant pain.

Plus the ear gets huge to the point where you look like Mickey Mouse and then the doctor has to lance it.

I hate ear infections.

I listened to harp music and Tea for One during this episode.

Edited by eternal light

I'm beginnig to wonder if 'THE FIRST LED ZEP' actaully posts anything to do with Zepp.

It's pissing me off too.

Naah, ignore it. It pisses me off too but what can we do...?

95% of THE FIRST LED ZEP's comments are small things.

My cat went crazy cause I had to bath her. I'm full of scars now. :angry:

I know what you mean, Lena_Zep. When my cats (they're gone now :( ) were kittens, I stupidly tried to bop 'em into the shower and slam the stall door shut. BIG MISTAKE!! I got scratches and one deep one which is still visible. (This was 11 years ago.) Hey, @ least they were showered. :P Then I set the hair dryer set to LOW and dried them off only for a couple of SECONDS. Afterwards, I got a book on how to do it. They say the key words are "slowly" and "calmly" while speaking to them in a sweet, hi-pitched voice. GEE THANKS, NOW YA TELL ME. :rolleyes: But then again, it was nobody's fault but mine. :) Ya live and learn.

I usually wrap my cat in a towel and let him sit in my lap if he is unhappy about a bath and hug and stroke him and speak in soft, consoling tones so he knows I sympathize with his dismay. It reduces the scratches and contains his outbursts somewhat. I still have to be cautious if he tries to bite. And I wear long sleeves.

I get drenched in the process, but he seems to get through the ordeal a little easier.

I just make sure that all the soap is rinsed and the water is not too hot or cold.

Then I dry him with a fresh towel and a blow drier on low settings if he can tolerate that.

Also, I keep any soap solutions diluted and mild. Cats seem to have sensitive skin.

This really put a damper in my day. My Nana's 55th wedding anniversary is this year on September 11. My Pop-pop died in '93 of cancer, and he wanted to get her cultured pearls for their 50th wedding anniversary. I really want to get her a strand of cultured pearls to give to her on this anniversary but they are so expensive. She already has fresh water pearls that he gave her, but the point of the necklace is that they are cultured pearls and I would love to get it for her. My nana is the sweetest lady and the best grandma I could ever ask for. She bought me a pearl pendant and matching ring for my 16th birthday and I think a stand of pearls for her anniversary would be a nice thing to give back because I know how badly she wanted them.

I usually wrap my cat in a towel and let him sit in my lap if he is unhappy about a bath and hug and stroke him and speak in soft, consoling tones so he knows I sympathize with his dismay.

I do the same and my cat feels better. Errr... At least she's not shaking anymore. Less scratches.

My cat went crazy cause I had to bath her. I'm full of scars now. :angry:

:( We've had to give ours an occasional bath when he's gotten fleas, and it takes at least 2 of us. Nothing looks more pitiful than a soaking wet cat.

:( We've had to give ours an occasional bath when he's gotten fleas, and it takes at least 2 of us. Nothing looks more pitiful than a soaking wet cat.

Tell my about it.

S6300748.jpg

She ran out through the out door and I haven't seen her for hours.