What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Well, it's been ages since I've checked this thread...seems there's a lot of unhappiness I've missed. I'll try to touch all the bases.

FOOL IN THE RAIN: My first thoughts immediately went to poor little Leo...so young to get the pox. I'm relieved to read in your follow-up posts that the little grommet is doing better. Must be the Aussie toughness in him.

And did I read this right: BD doing chores? Has the world flipped its axis?!? :lol:

ALLY: I sort of knew you had back troubles but I had no idea the extent of the hip and back pain you've been suffering, my man. I feel bad for you having to go through this, and henceforth will spare you any of my sarcastic and caustic remarks. Hope the medical experts find you relief soon.

MAJOR MAJOR: The man so deaf you have to call his name twice. ;)

As you can see, you'll still get a dose of my sarcasm...but being a Brit, I know you can take it. But egads my lad...mum-in-law squatting while the wifey's away?!? Sounds like a plot to have her spy on you to make sure you don't have a bird or two in the bush as well as the hand.

Try some arsenic in her soup. That'll get rid of the old git, hehe.

Tongue firmly in cheek, of course.

JANGLES: More mommy troubles. Since my mother has been out of my life since I was 5, and my two subsequent stepmothers are also absent(one by choice, the other by suicide), that is one problem I am blessedly free from. But you have my sympathy, Jangles. I don't know how old you are, but if you're under 18, just try to survive until you graduate and then you'll be free.

Good luck to you all...may your unhappiness be short-lived.

ALLY: I sort of knew you had back troubles but I had no idea the extent of the hip and back pain you've been suffering, my man. I feel bad for you having to go through this, and henceforth will spare you any of my sarcastic and caustic remarks. Hope the medical experts find you relief soon.

:lol: Don't hold back . I love people with a good sense of humour

We've already tried some low level narcs but other than make me high as a kite, they didn't do much else . Tbh, as much as I want this pain to be gone, I'm not prepared to settle for drug therapy unless absolutely every other option has been exhausted. The irony of surgery is that it would fix my current pain in my hip and leg but could very well create worse pain in my core that would not be fixable. I see my surgeon in early June so we'll see what he thinks but my guess is that he'll still be as reluctant as he was the last time. Having said that, I have to help myself too. My condition is definitely life altering but not life threatening so in the scheme of things, it's just something I'll just have to learn to live with and not allow it to hold me back. Mind over matter with a chaser on the side ;)

ally, I agree with what Fool said, that you have such a positive attitude and patience too. I'm wishing hard you will get some permanent relief soon my friend. :)

My unhappy gripe are people that are so full of themselves they act like they are doing you a favor gracing you with their presence or saying hello.

• 3 weeks later...

No nothing bad, have had a really painful hand for about 3 months that is getting worse, have lost the use of my Thumb and Index finger,

apart from that yes i'm a very Healthy person, can't even remember the last time I had a cold about 10+ years i would guess..

Get yourself to that Dentist or you Will look like 'Shane McGowan'. It is never as bad as you think it's going to be, it is not just about the Teeth but a Health check for your mouth as a smoker something that should be done every year...Get your Appointment made!!!

I spent 3hrs in the Dentist chair last year for 1 Tooth, the though of having to have my Teeth pulled and having falsies make me break out in a cold sweat..

No nothing bad, have had a really painful hand for about 3 months that is getting worse, have lost the use of my Thumb and Index finger

You've lost the use of your thumb and index finger and you don't think thats bad?!!

Please, get yourself to that doctor as soon as possible ..... and let us know how you go.

Thank's ally, been to the quack got a talking to about smoking and the effect on my digestive problem which was sorted many years ago...

Then he squeezed my wrist which then earned him a slap on the hand as it is really painful, he gave me a fancy name for the condition(which i now can't remember), but basically it is the Ligament or Tendon Sheath(can't remember now) to my thumb that is the problem, gave me some cream to rub in 3 times a day, rest the hand & come back in 6 weeks if it is no better... Now you know why I very rarely vist the Quacks... :lol:

Edited by Fool In The Rain 60

Hope it works out for you, Kate...not having use of thumb and forefinger would put a severe crimp in my life. After all, it's our thumbs that separate us from most beasts. Good luck.

As for you MM, stop being a nancy-boy and report to a dentist at once!

Thank's ally, been to the quack got a talking to about smoking and the effect on my digestive problem which was sorted many years ago...

Then he squeezed my wrist which then earned him a slap on the hand as it is really painful, he gave me a fancy name for the condition(which i now can't remember), but basically it is the Ligament or Tendon Sheath(can't remember now) to my thumb that is the problem, gave me some cream to rub in 3 times a day, rest the hand & come back in 6 weeks if it is no better... Now you know why I very rarely vist the Quacks... :lol:

Sounds like Carpal Tunnel.

Edited by ally

That may have been what he called it ally but as English was not his 1st Language it was hard to tell...

All i know is if there is no improvement in about 2 weeks, then i shall be going over to the A.E Department for a steroid injection, as Fruit picking season will be starting in about 3 weeks and that is something that i never miss, and do not intend to start now...

So thank's for the concern you Guys, but as I thought it is a minor inconveniance although rather painful...

That may have been what he called it ally but as English was not his 1st Language it was hard to tell...

All i know is if there is no improvement in about 2 weeks, then i shall be going over to the A.E Department for a steroid injection, as Fruit picking season will be starting in about 3 weeks and that is something that i never miss, and do not intend to start now...

So thank's for the concern you Guys, but as I thought it is a minor inconveniance although rather painful...

:beer:

My Son who has been in the British Army since the tender age of 16, has been made Redundant, he has 12 months till he joins Civvy street... :angry:

As this is the only life he knows I worry about how he will cope...

A lot better than he would if he didn't have YOU and BD in his corner. Would that I had had parents like you when I was a kid.

My Son who has been in the British Army since the tender age of 16, has been made Redundant, he has 12 months till he joins Civvy street... :angry:

As this is the only life he knows I worry about how he will cope...

It'll be a challenge alright but love of family will help provide the strength to prevail :yesnod: .

You Guys are the best, :kiss:

I have just spoken to my son, good news he can apply for the Australian Army, but has to do so by Friday.

As hard as this would be for me to see him & Leo go, I have given him every encouragement to apply...

Good news Mum! With your beauty and brains and BIGDAN's stubbornness.,.....;well you know! :D

KB

Good news Mum! With your beauty and brains and BIGDAN's stubbornness.,.....;well you know! :D

KB

Yep , to good news, mom's beauty and brains :) and yep to BD's stubbornness :lol: