What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

• 2 weeks later...

So my dad goes under the knife tomorrow for his fourth round with cancer. Twice with skin cancer, once for his thyroid and now his colon!!! The fact he had a massive stroke 8 years ago and is now 73 and still alive is a miracle in it's self I suppose.

Tomorrow will be a long day.

I know we are not alone dealing with this.

Time to spin some Zep, "Thank You" I think would be a place to start.

So my dad goes under the knife tomorrow for his fourth round with cancer. Twice with skin cancer, once for his thyroid and now his colon!!! The fact he had a massive stroke 8 years ago and is now 73 and still alive is a miracle in it's self I suppose.

Hope all is well with your Dad,

Thanks you guys!!

Well he is out of recovery! (surgery-recovery-ward) They didn't have to do a colostomy, good, but his liver is full of cancer, terrible. He is a scared man right now. Mum and my sister just got home from the hospital, he obviously has to rest, they said he was able to crack a joke before they left him.

To everyone else going through this or something similar, my thoughts are with you too.

Edited by MINI_Zoso

I am sorry to hear what they found. I am searching for some words of encouragement....my thoughts are with you and your family. Stay strong and enjoy the time you still have to share!

Peace to you and your family!

Thanks you guys!!

Well he is out of recovery! (surgery-recovery-ward) They didn't have to do a colostomy, good, but his liver is full of cancer, terrible. He is a scared man right now. Mum and my sister just got home from the hospital, he obviously has to rest, they said he was able to crack a joke before they left him.

To everyone else going through this or something similar, my thoughts are with you too.

you and your family are in my prayers. i lost my grandmother to leukcmia cancer three years ago and my cousin in law's mom to anal cancer nearly a year ago. it stinks. it's a vicious disease that shows no mercy at all what so ever

Edited by redhairedqueen22

Thanks you guys!!

So sorry to hear what they have found, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your Family... x

Just discovered I inadvertently bought unsalted butter yesterday. Vile, pointless stuff.

Totally agree. I remember my mother buying unsalted butter eons ago....A taste i'll never forget....gut wrenchingly horrendous. never again.

sorry to hear this, mate.

hope all is well. i had thyroid cancer 20 years ago. he must be a very strong man to have gone through all this good luck!

Edited by slave to zep

so true...........and i'm sorry if we've been kinda "tight lipped" about the whole thing........but it's someone we all know and love

let's just say "i found a little queen and i know how to treat her right"

QILF2.jpg

good thing is she never talks back and i can get whatever i want when i want it..............

you could say i went from palming it to pommie-ing it......and i just love a girl with a british accent

So sorry to hear what they have found, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your Family... x

sorry to hear this, mate.

hope all is well. i had thyroid cancer 20 years ago. he must be a very strong man to have gone through all this good luck!

Thanks guys! Skin, thyroid, colon and liver!! Not much left is there?!?!

Not so much made me un-happy but pissed me off... The pump on the Dishwasher has broken & it was full of dirty dishes, I had to wash up by hand... :o Now my hand are really sore... :(

Where's BD aka Big Dishwasher when you need him....useless twat :lol:

'ally' i could not agree more.. :D BD is too busy being an Armchair expert on which ever sport is on... :rolleyes:

How is your back now?

Had a spinal injection a few weeks ago so it's feeling okay at the moment thanks :) .

ally, did the injection hurt?

glad you're feeling better!

Thanks Slave :) . Outside of the 10 seconds it takes to shoot the cortisone on to the nerve, no, it doesn't hurt. They inject a local anesthetic first so basically, your frozen until they hit the spine. Believe me , it's nothing to fear . It took about 3 days before it fully kicked in but once it did ... :) . Problem is, it's not a cure and the benefit will wear off sooner rather than later. Thing is Slave, they don't work effectively for everyone and it's quite possible that I've been very lucky with my first. That's probably leaving you as confused as you were when you asked the question but it really is one of those things that comes under the heading..different strokes for different folks. Having said that... I recommend trying it. It's the only way to find out.

10 seconds is a long time! im glad it has worked for you.

so, how long will it last? weeks ..... months....

They say a good result is 2 months. So far it's been 6 wks for me. I have a standing order for another when it's needed. There are complications with my case and my surgeon is very reluctant to do surgery at this time. For that reason his theory, for the moment at least, is to send me for these injections until they no longer work for me. I must say , given that I was in constant pain and could hardly walk before the injection, I've found it to be a bit of a godsend. Even if it is temporary