What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

How is the roof Bro? :unsure:

It's done ! Just in the nick o time too. They did a great job and I got a better deal from the guy than he originally quoted :) Now, it's getting inside the living room wall done. Gotta make sure there's no mold etc. . If my back wasn't an issue I'd do it myself but I've got a few buds who've volunteered with that one :drunk::lol:

Not pantyhose, the good old RAC

Years ago I had to get the wife to donate a couple of times. For some reason, she was never really impressed about it :lol:

Glad you were able to find other means !

I was lucky, drove off yesterday and heard this racket coming from the car, wasn't till later I took a look under the bonnet and there were these bits of stuff spitting out, so I got someone to have a look at it and he told me that the fanbelt was ready to go any minute.

Managed to drive home, parked the car and called RAC, bloke from RAC told me same thing that I was lucky it didn't go when I was out on the road.

Edited by The_Minxter

^^^^^ How's Henry doing?^^^

He's doing much better. Thank you for asking. He is highly allergic to meat(go figure) and I feed him vegetarian dog food. Sometimes he gets into the trash and gets a hold of food that causes him to have ear infections. I have the kitchen set up to where he can't get into anything but he can be a bit sneaky when he wants to. The allergies caused a huge hot spot. Now he is on antibiotics, ear meds, two different kinds of arthritis meds and needs to lose 8 pounds. He is developing arthritis in his back legs which prevents us from going on long walks and he is unable to take long strides so he has lost muscle mass. Because of this, he has gained weight but extra weight is not good for his joints. He is only 9 but being a Golden makes him susceptible to overeating and joint problems. I love him though...I have had since he was 8 weeks old so he is like my third child.

I just found out my very good friend who I played with in my first ever band and was best man at my wedding, is in hospital recovering from bowel cancer surgery and begins radiation treatment soon.

Unfortunately he is 1000 miles away and I can't be there for him.

My prayers and best wishes to him and his family.

I've been trying to get my writing published. I took a risk and submitted some to a hard to get into magazine. I just found out they're not going to publish me. I'm not going to give up but, it does suck to get my first official denial -_-.

I've been trying to get my writing published. I took a risk and submitted some to a hard to get into magazine. I just found out they're not going to publish me. I'm not going to give up but, it does suck to get my first official denial -_-.

Don't give up Kat. Sometimes it takes a thousand nos before you get a yes. You need a thick skin.

I wish you luck.

Don't give up Kat. Sometimes it takes a thousand nos before you get a yes. You need a thick skin.

I wish you luck.

You're right ..and thank you. Lots of no's and no responses. No fun. Brings me down a little but, not far and not for long. I won't give up. Just gotta find the right place for my work. No matter how many places I have to try.

Not being British, I'm not aware what the term "Redundant" means in this capacity. Is this similar to the way we Americans say "discharged"?

'Strider'

all it means is that the Britsh Army have got to make savings in there running cost. so yes it is the same as being 'Discharged', with a Golden Handshake. Although with the job market being pretty poor the money wouldn't last long.

As his wife is also in the Milatary they will keep a roof over their head, and he can become a House Husband...

Edited by Fool In The Rain 60

^ You could say that

Fool, sorry to hear that

'Minxter' Thanks

As usual they will be taking people who Volunteer first, but then the payout decreases so he is in a bit of a Dilema.

As he has been in the Army since he left School at 16 he is now 27, i'm not sure how he would do in Civilian life...

'Minxter' Thanks

As usual they will be taking people who Volunteer first, but then the payout decreases so he is in a bit of a Dilema.

As he has been in the Army since he left School at 16 he is now 27, i'm not sure how he would do in Civilian life...

Hi Fool,

I'm sorry to read this. :( I am sending good wishes your way and keeping my fingers crossed that your son will remain in the Army. I'm sure he is a great asset and has already given many years of loyal service too. My son is going into the Army here soon and so I think that makes us both Army Moms. Best of luck to you and your son. ........missy

Hi Fool,

I'm sorry to read this. :( I am sending good wishes your way and keeping my fingers crossed that your son will remain in the Army. I'm sure he is a great asset and has already given many years of loyal service too. My son is going into the Army here soon and so I think that makes us both Army Moms. Best of luck to you and your son. ........missy

Thanks 'missy'

Yea both Army mums, but such a Proud moment when they are at their Passing out Parades...

Wishing you & your Son well...