What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

What made me Angry today was finding out that my 'Leo' and his parents have been living in a house that has a Gas Leak.

When I was there I was getting up each morning with a Headache but put it down to lack of sleep.

Their House had a Safety Check in December, but my Daughter-in-law has been unwell for sometime, makes me wonder if there is a connection.

Needless to say the Dude who did the 'Gas Safety Check' has been Dismissed for being Incompetent, so why wasn't all his previous work rechecked... :mad:

^^^Crikey! That's some scary shit, Fool...thank goodness they caught it before disaster struck. But hell yeah, I'd be smoking angry, too!

In regards to your son...it just boggles my mind. I guess coming from the US Army, where there's always a constant need for soldiers(thanks, in part, to the military-industrial complex), the idea that an Army would FORCE someone out is hard to fathom.

In the U.S., we have two types of discharge: honourable and dishonourable. If you finish your service, (whether it is 2 years, 4, or for life) without a hitch or any problems, you get honourably discharged.

If you're a troublemaker, busted, court-martialed, then you're usually dishonourably discharged before your time of service is up.

But with your son...it sounds like he's a good soldier, he WANTS to stay, yet they're forcing him out because the army doesn't have any money? That takes the cake. My heart goes out to your son. What kind of country turns away a citizen who is willing to serve?

Remind me again how England remained an empire for so long?

Edited by Strider

The crazy thing is 'Strider' that all the Armed Forces have got to make cuts but are still Recruiting... Can't quite make that one out...

I have no doubt that it will bite them in the Arse (again) they did the same thing a few years ago then had to ask them to come back when we were in both Afgan & Iraq. Now that we are pulling out of these Countries there is a Surplus.. To many NCO= Big wage bill

Argentina seem to think that we are being Aggresive with the Falklands because Prince William is doing a 'Search & Rescue Tour' & we also have a Modern 'War ship' heading that way as well. So lets hope that doesn't kick off again, as the Navy has already been down sized...

England remained an Empire for so long because... We were Extra nice to other Nations... :hysterical: (thats what BD said anyway)

Well it's not so bad listening to tapes. Today, for the first time in about 20 years, I played the first UK Subs album. "CID, CID..."

Just remembered I have a load of Zappa tapes I made but never listened to. That should be cool...well, it's either Zappa, or The Smiths. Eww....

Hope they are in good working order and the Tape player doesn't chew them up... Cos then you will be really pissed... ;)

Enjoy you drive...

Working with supposed professionals that have to constantly bother me to ask how to do their job. :mad: Frustrating. I hardly have enough time to do my own job .

i can imagine that must be so annoying!

on the flip side of that .... working with new recruits that are still very young ( 16 to about 22 ) who think they know everything! grrrrrrrrrr!!

ouch! that's gotta hurt! sorry to hear about that hopefully he'll find a job that suits him. fingers crossed

Thanks 'redhairedqueen22', he is looking into the Private Security Business, as a lot of Ex-Milatary do.

Trouble is he won't find out till about June if he is in this round of Redundancies... :(

Terrible day yesterday, was involved in a car accident, luckly was a minor one, managed to walk away but was badly shaken... thank God it could have been worse.

The car has some damage at the front so it'll have to be towed off to get fixed. Im hoping the insurance will cover it and I was told i'll get a couresty car

Still a bit shaken but at least I was'nt injured and still in one piece

Terrible day yesterday, was involved in a car accident, luckly was a minor one, managed to walk away but was badly shaken... thank God it could have been worse.

The car has some damage at the front so it'll have to be towed off to get fixed. Im hoping the insurance will cover it and I was told i'll get a couresty car

Glad to hear that you are ok 'Minxter', was it due to weather conditions?

Shakin but not stirred. Hope insurance covers it but more importantly, glad you're OK ! Body parts can be hard to come by ;)