Senoir Project

ms_zeppelin94

Anything, I just have to be able to write a paper about it, make a presentation, and have a "product" about it. Most of the time people do hobbies or carrer interests, so I can't really just do one big Zep research paper type thing :( (Which was my original idea)

I've done a few Zeppelin-related school projects.

When I was 16, for my GCSE's, I did an English oral presentation about vinyl - including my Zeppelin records. In the same set of exams I also wrote about how influential Jimmy Page was in my life - and music - for English Language - I got an A.

For my A Levels (University entranced-based exams, basically), I did a project for Media Studies about HTWWW and how it was marketed. Compared to TSRTS, was it given enough promotion, was it marketed at the 'original' audience, would it appeal to the younger generation, etc? I was told by my teacher that it wasn't possible, and that I couldn't do the project, but I told her I could do it and would. She hated that I was going ahead with it. When it came to my first draft, she reluctantly (because she finally had to admit that I was right - silly cow) gave me a B. I even wrote to Classic Rock Magazine and got a personal 'article' from a writer via email. I wish I'd asked for that project back, because I worked so bloody hard for it, but, sadly, my school threw it away once I left.

Good luck :) I'm sure you'll have lots of fun along the way.

If I were you I would call my project Music that never dies or something like that and then bore people with every single fact about Mighty Old Zep that's interesting for you.

They sshould give you an A just for chosen theme.;)

I'm going to be 9th grade too but there's no projects over here.Just fu*king exams.(english+serbian, no math for me thanks god)

• 2 months later...

To elaborate on music of the past or music that never dies you could focus on how musicians reinrepret music and lyrics of the past musicians. Reworking them for a more modern audience.LZ had a little trouble in this area by not crediting the original works but they did some great things with alot of the blues works which Plant really liked. Or how they pulled Indian and Morrocan influences into their works. Good luck on the project and let us know how you do.

i got in a lot of trouble for using or refrencing led zeppelin in my english project/essays too much...we did a lot of projects in english on the books we read in class and you could do what ever you wanted as long as it had an essay and you had a presentation so i mostly somehow found a way to relate the book to a led zeppelin song and on our 4th book (second to last book) i compared to DandC and after class my teacher pulled my aside and i remember very well he said "you are using too much music especially this led zeppelin group, i dont know what you like about them and i dont like that you are stuck on these guys but if you use another led zeppelin song on the next book i'll have to have a parent, teacher, student conference" so when we started out 5th book i compared it to "tea for one" and like he said we had a conference and when me and my dad went to see him my teacher said "your son here is a very good student but he seems to not understand my directions. you see i asked him not to use led zeppelin on his next book project/essay and he did and i just think that using them for each book project is a little too easy" and my dad said "what did he compare?" and my teacher said "well we are on our last book of the year and he compared it to?" he looked at me and i said "tea for one" and then my dad said "so he's in trouble for using something he likes a lot? well i guess you should be in trouble for liking english so much you became a teacher of it" then my teacher said "well you missing the point" and before he could finish my dad said "are you kidding me there is no point my son likes a band and used them some projects" and then he just walked out saying "lets go son" and being that there was 2 weeks of school left and i had nothing to lose because the teacher already super hated me i said "that was sweet. i think i'm gonna go home and listen to some zepplin"

the point is be careful using led zeppelin in school projects

i got in a lot of trouble for using or refrencing led zeppelin in my english project/essays too much...we did a lot of projects in english on the books we read in class and you could do what ever you wanted as long as it had an essay and you had a presentation so i mostly somehow found a way to relate the book to a led zeppelin song and on our 4th book (second to last book) i compared to DandC and after class my teacher pulled my aside and i remember very well he said "you are using too much music especially this led zeppelin group, i dont know what you like about them and i dont like that you are stuck on these guys but if you use another led zeppelin song on the next book i'll have to have a parent, teacher, student conference" so when we started out 5th book i compared it to "tea for one" and like he said we had a conference and when me and my dad went to see him my teacher said "your son here is a very good student but he seems to not understand my directions. you see i asked him not to use led zeppelin on his next book project/essay and he did and i just think that using them for each book project is a little too easy" and my dad said "what did he compare?" and my teacher said "well we are on our last book of the year and he compared it to?" he looked at me and i said "tea for one" and then my dad said "so he's in trouble for using something he likes a lot? well i guess you should be in trouble for liking english so much you became a teacher of it" then my teacher said "well you missing the point" and before he could finish my dad said "are you kidding me there is no point my son likes a band and used them some projects" and then he just walked out saying "lets go son" and being that there was 2 weeks of school left and i had nothing to lose because the teacher already super hated me i said "that was sweet. i think i'm gonna go home and listen to some zepplin"

Yeah, I had a simular situation with my English GCSEs and my photography, I dunno how but I always managed to mention Zepp, my tracher got really pissed off and said she would have to keep lowering my grades until I found something other then Zepp to talk about. I wanted so much to do a speech on them.

With my photography I kept using their lyrics, with my projects and pieces, until my treacher warned me that it would become boring for me and for the examiners to keep seeing in my 'project book' "the lyrics were written by Led Zeppelin...Robert Plant of Led Zepppelin wrote the lyrics to this piece..."

Which does make sense.

Edit: I am so confused about your signature :huh:

Do a thing about music of the past. Start with the 20s and go to the 80s or something.

If I could throw out a more specific suggestion along these lines: you could trace the history of American blues upon British hard rock bands of the late 60s (not just Zeppelin, but also the Rolling Stones, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Cream, etc.) and how this movement in turn ended up influencing American hard rock music. It might be interesting to see why such a blues influence seemed to happen more in the UK than it did in the US. Segregation and the state of the economies after WWII might both have something to do with it.

As long as you have a good point to make with your paper that even a non-Zep fan could understand, and you quote lots of sources, you should be able to do something that would gain a good grade.

teacher said "your son here is a very good student but he seems to not understand my directions. you see i asked him not to use led zeppelin on his next book project/essay and he did and i just think that using them for each book project is a little too easy"

I agree with the teacher, I'm afraid. It's way too easy to look at the entire world in terms of how it can be applied to Zeppelin. Imagine if Page had only ever played one riff, or Plant written lyrics on one topic. (Critics might say they did, but we know different, right? ;) And the world's a much more interesting place because of it.)

If I could throw out a more specific suggestion along these lines: you could trace the history of American blues upon British hard rock bands of the late 60s (not just Zeppelin, but also the Rolling Stones, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Cream, etc.) and how this movement in turn ended up influencing American hard rock music. It might be interesting to see why such a blues influence seemed to happen more in the UK than it did in the US. Segregation and the state of the economies after WWII might both have something to do with it.

As long as you have a good point to make with your paper that even a non-Zep fan could understand, and you quote lots of sources, you should be able to do something that would gain a good grade.

This sounds like the best idea yet.

When I was in School I could hardly reference Zeppelin in anything, the projects had nothing to do with something that you could compare to Zeppelin usually.

Yeah, I had a simular situation with my English GCSEs and my photography, I dunno how but I always managed to mention Zepp, my tracher got really pissed off and said she would have to keep lowering my grades until I found something other then Zepp to talk about. I wanted so much to do a speech on them.

With my photography I kept using their lyrics, with my projects and pieces, until my treacher warned me that it would become boring for me and for the examiners to keep seeing in my 'project book' "the lyrics were written by Led Zeppelin...Robert Plant of Led Zepppelin wrote the lyrics to this piece..."

Which does make sense.

Edit: I am so confused about your signature :huh:

about my signature, its a long story

I agree with the teacher, I'm afraid. It's way too easy to look at the entire world in terms of how it can be applied to Zeppelin. Imagine if Page had only ever played one riff, or Plant written lyrics on one topic. (Critics might say they did, but we know different, right? ;) And the world's a much more interesting place because of it.)

that is extremely true but you don't understand how much i couldn't stand this teacher, and i know this will sound really really evil, but anything i could do that would be the exact opposite of what he asked us to do, but still be correct, or argue with him no matter what his side was, was pure pleassure to me, and when we had to write an essay where he gave us the topic or a side to choose from i would try to write the most inhumane things i could (while still staying in the boundries of "school appropiate") just so when he was reading and grading the essays he would see my name and think "great i have to suffer through this" :slapface:...he was just somehow my mortal enemy

What sort of interests (besides Led Zeppelin :rolleyes: ) do you have? Does the product have to be a tangible item or can it be services you offer? ( ie; legal services, tour guide)

I'm thinking about some sort of biology or ecology, but the product has to be tangible, so that might prove problematic

We can also do hobbies, so I'm thinking about archery or learning piano (we have to learn something new, so I can't use guitar :( )

I'm thinking about some sort of biology or ecology, but the product has to be tangible, so that might prove problematic

We can also do hobbies, so I'm thinking about archery or learning piano (we have to learn something new, so I can't use guitar :( )

Brainstorming :Thinking: I know nothing about biology but ecology shouldn't be too diffucult to come up with a product. With all the global warming hoopla,reducing land fills , recycling there must be some nich to tap into. Hmmmm...Maybe personalized canvas shopping bags. Provide catagories (pets, flowers, religious, automobils and of course music with your personal favorite example of LZ) As far as hobbies learning piano would be good since you seem to be already musically inclined. You could write about great players and their styles. Use several players like Liberace and of course JPJ. Hope this helps or sparks an avenue for you to explore for your project.

that is extremely true but you don't understand how much i couldn't stand this teacher, and i know this will sound really really evil, but anything i could do that would be the exact opposite of what he asked us to do, but still be correct, or argue with him no matter what his side was, was pure pleassure to me, and when we had to write an essay where he gave us the topic or a side to choose from i would try to write the most inhumane things i could (while still staying in the boundries of "school appropiate") just so when he was reading and grading the essays he would see my name and think "great i have to suffer through this" :slapface:...he was just somehow my mortal enemy

Well, seems to me there were more constructive ways of dealing with that, but too late now, so never mind!

It would've been a heck of a lot easier if this had just been said instead.

I remember one of my English teachers moaning about the fact that one student would always talk about frogs (WTF?) in their essays. I think she saw it with a mixture of amusement and tragedy. I can't imagine anything more frustrating than teaching lesson after lesson, only for someone to completely sweep that aside and, basically, do their 'own' thing. Kind of like using frogs in every essay, using Zeppelin in every project/essay gets tedious, repetitive and futile. You can't lean on Zeppelin for everything in life because, frankly, it wouldn't be much of a life. I used Zeppelin once or twice, but never so much that my teachers even acknowledged that I was a fan (with exasperation, I'll add). One of the biggest joys of doing English wasn't so much that I learned the linguistics and language of it, but that it helped bring out the creativity within me. I couldn't be creative if I only ever stuck to Zeppelin.

:goodpost:

I remember teaching classes on a campus where students belonging to a certain religious organization had been told to focus their essays on their religious beliefs, no matter what the topic was. At first it was quite entertaining to see how ingenious they could be about getting their beliefs in, while still saying enough about the topic not to make an automatic F, but after a while it became beyond boring, not to mention massively frustrating. I felt they owed it to themselves to explore different ways of seeing a topic, let alone the world.

Archived