Jason Bonham tour?

elfinjones

Hey thanks Dan.. and Ally... I had a bit of a break, but you should see me popping up every now and then from here on :D

Hi Miss Honey Dripper,

Always a Pleasure, you are dearly missed you know? :yay::drumz:

"Martini" you know what i mean? ;)

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, For you MissHD, enjoy.

JB-Knebworth-01.jpg

BonhamisGOD.jpg

I loved Bonham's two albums and I loved Daniel's voice. I am Jason's age and with no disrespect to him as I may have posted before on here ( a long time ago ) seem to play the drums in a eerily similar style. I am glad he is getting around to playing some of his older 80's stuff. It was good no matter how much it sounded like Zep.

• 2 weeks later...

Jason's official site is now up: www.jasonbonham.net

and here's a video from the site with a rare look inside John Bonham's home, with two of his original drum kits.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=OvljX61P7rA

How very kind of Jason to share The Olde Hyde with us and for you to post it here. I can easily imagine spending an

afternoon with John in that music room, listening to him playing those kits and telling us strange tales from the road.

Sam, can you clarify John Smithson's involvement, if any, in this tour? The promotional graphics on Jason's site shows the final lineup is Jason, Kelly Keeling, Ian Hatton, Tony Catania and Francesco Dicosmo but Jason's comment below suggests Smithson was approached initially. Just interested to know if he joined them for rehearsals or if he had other

obligations which prevented his participation in this tour. Pleasantly surprised to see the broad cross section of material

they will be performing. These shows are sure to be outstanding!

"2009 is the 20th anniversary of The Disregard Of Timekeeping, so I called up Ian [Hatton, guitarist] and John [smithson, bass] and suggested we bring in Kelly Keeling [baton Rouge/Michael Schenker] on vocals to pay tribute to what was a great period in all our lives. Whether anything new will come out of it, I don't know. It's all about having fun." - Jason Bonham

How very kind of Jason to share The Olde Hyde with us and for you to post it here. I can easily imagine spending an

afternoon with John in that music room, listening to him playing those kits and telling us strange tales from the road.

I'm sure in your excitement Steve you over looked the details of the drum kits in the video.

The amber vistalite is a reissue kit from Ludwig. The original was auctioned off in '97

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Zh4Ke0GQaMg

"Like I've Never Been Gone"

Jason Bonham 10/30/09 - The Canyon - Agoura Hills, CA

Sam- Thank you, I broke down when Jason talked about his Dad...then there's Robert to help pick him up....You know music is supposed to bring out emotions in us, and the men of LZ and the extended family...no wonder I have so much love and respect for them.

Lovely - one of my favorite Robert songs and a touching speech by Jason.

It's a great song off a great album. One that I fear I have paid too little attention to as of late. I honestly think it hasn't received the credit it deserves.