ReR Caption Fan Club Thread

zoso13zeppelin

Greetings precious fan club....Richard is here with his words of wisdom and wittiness!! :lol: How are we all feeling today? :lol:

In reply to Heather's post:

Hi, is anyone about? the whole interpreting dialects stuff really made me laugh! being english i understood most of them as i am slightly familiar with different regional accents even though i speak what richard calls 'the queen's english' as i come from the south east. But GUESS WHAT RICHARD! i got an offer from leeds uni today! if i end up going there i may well end up speaking like you!

That is great Heather!!!! :cheer: :cheer: Leeds uni is a great place, a fantastic place to study, and Leeds is a fantastic city!!! Seriously consider it because it is a great city to be in. Glad you are getting some good offers. :thumbsup:

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I am glad you did. :lol: That is how it is pronounced obviously...not how it is spelt. So it is written phonetically. And it is like a foreign language when spoken at the correct speed. When we had our friends from Seattle to stay we had to slow our speech down abit and had to chill out with the obscure sentences. :lol:

Could your friends see what the words were when you explained the meaning? You can tell them my name, I don't mind...there are millions of Richards!!!

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I am glad you did. :lol: That is how it is pronounced obviously...not how it is spelt. So it is written phonetically. And it is like a foreign language when spoken at the correct speed. When we had our friends from Seattle to stay we had to slow our speech down abit and had to chill out with the obscure sentences. :lol:

Could your friends see what the words were when you explained the meaning? You can tell them my name, I don't mind...there are millions of Richards!!!

Yeah Rich, then they understood, but they still thought it was weird.

I guess I was having that mode that I want to ask you permission before revealing your identity.

But, then again, there are a million Richard's :lol:

BTW, I love your Austria pictures. They make me jealous though. I think I should've been there.

I really really respect people that ask others before they reveal their identity. I have had 'friends' that have posted pics of me on the net without asking and that is just wrong IMO. So thank you Rabia, my respect for you has rocketed beyond what it already was. :lol:

And yes, Austria is an unbelieveable place. We had fantastic weather, even though the forecast we heard on TV the first night was thunderstorms for a whole week. There was one, but it was during the night. It was scary though because we were really high up in the mountains and we could see the lightning hitting the earth!! :lol:

I was about to comment on the quote. I wrote down a similar thing once, but it was about art. But I think that quote is so true. Very good choice of quote Rabia.

I am uploading a shot that I got of the lightning. It isn't spectacular, but it gives you an idea. Most of the lightning was obscured by the rain and cloud so I was lucky to snatch this shot.

Ah, it's finished, here we are:

RIMG0142.jpg

And look at these other shots. Make sure you open them in full. They take your breath away just looking at them....imagine being there and seeing that. I was speechless:

RIMG0162.jpg

and

RIMG0220.jpg

WOW

:o

I would love to see that out my window.

That's so breathtaking. I can't understand why some people aren't awed by nature.

That lovely quote is from the lovely woman in my sig, in case you didn't know.

Yes I noticed. It is a good one. :thumbsup:

And yes it is breathtaking. I have posted more pics over in the vacation thread, check them out. The sign that lets people know you have had a great enjoyable holiday is when you cannot stop enthusing about it. Since July 2006 we have told loads of people about it and we can remember every detail. That is the mark of a truely spectacular holiday!!!

You will one day have an amazing holiday Rabia. I never thought I would. I was a bit jealous of all my school friends because they went abroad loads, nearly every year, but I had never been. My parents saved their money and decorated the house and bought new things etc. Then my mum and dad took us and it was fantastic. But I was 18 at the time. My grandma had died and left them some money so they used that money to take us abroad which was great. I would have loved to have told my grandma all about it because she loved to fly and go on holiday. So thanks to my gran. :lol:

You will one day have an amazing holiday Rabia. I never thought I would. I was a bit jealous of all my school friends because they went abroad loads, nearly every year, but I had never been. My parents saved their money and decorated the house and bought new things etc. Then my mum and dad took us and it was fantastic. But I was 18 at the time. My grandma had died and left them some money so they used that money to take us abroad which was great. I would have loved to have told my grandma all about it because she loved to fly and go on holiday. So thanks to my gran. :lol:

Wait, so your grandmother couldn't come to Austria?

Oh, I'm sorry :console:

Bless your grandmother.

Rich, you know I'm coming, coming to England one day.

No, sorry if that was a little vague. My grandma died in September 2005...so she left us some money. My parents didn't want to spend it on just anything so they decided to book a holiday, something special that we hadn't done before. Then we went in July 2006. What I meant was that I would have loved to tell my grandma all about it because she would have been so thrilled for us, but it was all thanks to her for helping with the funds.

And yes, you will enjoy England. Hopefully I will be coming to New York one day....the home of the disaster movie!! :lol:

Oh, and hi Kim. Nice to see you!! :wave:

Archived