I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Starting my Halloween marathon with two of my favourite witches...Veronica Lake and Kim Novak in "I Married a Witch" and "Bell, Book & Candle".

poster20-20i20married20a20witch_01.thumb.jpg.b6acb01e0548fe4db1f62dd8df228909.jpg

film-bell-book-and-candle.jpg.cae6c594ee72f378a4cc8499df1b0dab.jpg

Funny enough,  I was looking for this Freddy March film

A lot of the search results , were divorce lawyers....😟

Last night's Halloween monster movie marathon, including the very first film adaptation of Mary Shelley's book "Frankenstein". Produced in 1910 by Thomas Edison. Charles Ogle played the monster and did all the makeup on the film. If you don't have the DVD you can see it if you have the Amazon Prime Video streaming service.

Frankenstein_(1910)_poster.jpg.6e5dc6dfeb1e390aac9390d46fcac516.jpg

s-l400.jpg.a4dfd01ac010a1ffd8475041b974e8e6.jpg

You can't discuss the great decade of American films in the 1970s without grappling with that great big bear of a man, John Milius. He may not be a household name like Spielberg and Lucas and Coppola, but he wrote or had a hand in many movies you've seen without realizing it...Dillinger, Big Wednesday, Life & Times of Judge Roy Bean, Jaws, Apocalypse Now, Conan the Barbarian, Red Dawn.

Sadly, there are next to zero books or biographies on Milius. But this documentary is a nice primer and entertaining. Sadly, Milius recently suffered a stroke.

milius_1.jpg.3e777277e5dd08f76ff050c2b7b3de11.jpg

3 hours ago, Strider said:

Which organ score is it? There are several out there on various dvd and home video releases.

It says 'Dolby Digital Score Composed and Performed by: Silent Orchestra.

It also says: Organ Score Compiled and Performed by: Timothy Howard.