Jimmy's return to Beijing.

glicine

Yes, to be "off-topic" would be very wrong. You wouldn't dare think of doing that!

Snapper-head, the sooner you realize a political event is going to generate political posts the better off you'll be. The

political posts I have presented here pertain directly to the political nature of this concert. I'm not dragging religion, the

Tibetans or any of that into it, though others have.

Apologies if my articulation has exceeded your Circus magazine-level sensibilities.

CD001.jpg

Edited by SteveAJones

Out of curiosity, is there anyone besides myself giving serious consideration to attending this event?

I've considered it but can't decide yet because there's not enough info out there.

Looks like airfare is about 1000 from NY, or Newark. Probably can find it for less if I put more effort into it. 13hours 40 minutes one way to beijing.

Hotel probably pretty cheap compared to US rates. The holiday inn in beijing is $84, the one in little old kingston, NY is $159!

The price of the show is still unknown or if getting tix will even be possible. I'm guessing that Ebay or stubhub will have some once they are sold.

But the main thing. I don't know who Jimmy is playing with yet. He might just join

some other band who is there since it's a special occasion show and not(that we know of) part of any tour itinerary.

As much as I love Jimmy I would not go see him with P Diddy or

someone who doesn't interest me. I'm checking every day for an announcement on who he's playing with but haven't seen anything yet. So Hush Hush, So Jimmy. I'm surviving but patience is not even in my vocabulary.

If it is the start of a tour I might just go, if it turns into a zeppelin reunion(I know it's very very unlikely) i'd be the first one on the plane and the first in line. JJ where are you?

Either way I hope you get to go and completely enjoy it. We'll all be looking for full reports as usual!!

I've seen nothing to suggest he will be going to China in January for the press conference or promotional duties, etc,

just the concert in April.

News from chinese media didn't really say he would perform at the concert in April, they say he would be in Beijing in January for the press conference which is a part of the promotion for the concert in April. It's a bit confusing though.

News from chinese media didn't really say he would perform at the concert in April, they say he would be in Beijing in January for the press conference which is a part of the promotion for the concert in April. It's a bit confusing though.

It does sound as if something was lost in translation. He could elect to attend the conference, but he will be at the gig.

If it wasn't for Gary Graff being the one to announce Jimmy's participation I'd chalk up his involvement in any of this

as unfounded rumor. I trust him.

It does sound as if something was lost in translation. He could elect to attend the conference, but he will be at the gig.

If it wasn't for Gary Graff being the one to announce Jimmy's participation I'd chalk up his involvement in any of this

as unfounded rumor. I trust him.

I didn't think any artists are confirmed yet, just invited. I assumed at the press

conference in January they would announce those artists who have committed to the event, when tix go onsale and other pertinent info to the show.

My expectation is Jimmy Page presenting known and new music...three songs, perhaps four.

You're probably right Steve, usually at these events none of the artists get a chance to do a full show and some collaborate with other wellknown artists instead of their usual touring group.

Hopefully we'll find out 1/13 from the press conference....or sooner.

I didn't think any artists are confirmed yet, just invited.

International lineup expected for concert in China

Gary Graff - Reuters US Online Report Entertainment News

Dec 18, 2009 16:01 EST

DETROIT (Billboard) - An array of musicians, including Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page, will take part in the first Show of Peace Concert, a globally televised event scheduled for April 17 before an expected crowd of 100,000 at the Bird's Nest stadium in Beijing.

More performers and other details (emphasis added) will be announced at a January 13 press conference in Beijing. The concert's official Web site lists nearly five dozen artists who will be invited to perform, including Prince, Green Day, Beyonce, Coldplay, Black Eyed Peas, Kenny Chesney, Mariah Carey and Justin Timberlake.

The concert, which marks the 30th anniversary of the cultural exchange agreement between the United States and China, is billed in a statement as "a 'peace is green' awareness campaign designed to not only promote peace with each other but to promote peace with our planet."

It's the brainchild of television and music producer Rick Garson, whose Las Vegas-based ZZYX Entertainment is producing the show. Garson's co-producers include Live 8 and Live Earth principal Greg Sills and Trudy Green, manager of Michael and Janet Jackson, Mick Jagger and Aerosmith. Other organizations involved in the concert include the Chinese People's Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries, the Joint U.S.-China Collaboration on Clean Energy, the United Nations' Pathways of Peace and the Captain Planet Foundation.

Garson is establishing A Show of Peace Foundation, whose board of directors will include environmental and peace-building experts. The foundation will distribute funds raised from the concert and other activities to organizations and initiatives.

The concert's Web site, showofpeace.com, will carry regular updates about the event.

Edited by SteveAJones

After hanging out at D-22 last night, guitar god Jimmy Page is currently at the press conference for the International Show of Peace, which we wrote about in our current Beijing 2010 cover story.

Our writer Matt Schrader, at the conference now, has been told that Lady Gaga, 50 Cent, Black Eyed Peas and Aerosmith's Joe Perry have been confirmed for the April 17 concert in the Bird's Nest.

Page is appearing at the conference with promoter Rick Garson, as well as representative from China's Ministry of Culture and a video message from UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon.

While there are some naysayers out there, when you've got the Ministry of Culture, the UN Secretary General and Jimmy Page on your side, something's got to happen.

Expect a full update early tomorrow.

source: Jimmy Page in Beijing

I'm searching for more information on the chinese sites, hope I can find something more soon.