Jimmy's return to Beijing.

glicine

I think the show was doomed from the start. No surprise, especially when you're dealing with China. Look what Google has gone through with them. Completely different, but just an example and you certainly can't trust China on most things.

The Chinese people don't know who Led Zeppelin is. Also, when the Stones played China - the tickets were occupied mainly by expats / foreigners. If the Chinese get their act together, it could be a good show...but what's Jimmy going to play? Who will he play with?

The Chinese people don't know who Led Zeppelin is. Also, when the Stones played China - the tickets were occupied mainly by expats / foreigners. If the Chinese get their act together, it could be a good show...but what's Jimmy going to play? Who will he play with?

That's what I want to know...

I don't know but maybe Jimmy doesn't want to just go play in some bar, he could be working on another huge project we know nothing about totally unrelated to music, mabybe he feels musically he's said what he needs to say and would rather stay home and watch football on the tele. as far as the China thing goes that really never put a bee in my bonnet anyway, there was never a thought of going to china to see him play one or too songs. I'm sure he has tonnes of new music ready but for Jimmy the stars need to be lined up, every thing needs to be just right, The china peace thing seemed to do it for him, the olympics did it for him,

I think what he needs is the superist of all super groups. Phil Lesh, Neil Pert, and Tina Turner on vocals, double album half studio half live, Id go to china to see that.

Well, RUSH is in a studio in Nashville right now.

Maybe, Jimmy could sit in with them for a song or two??? :)

Jimmy is Alex' guitar hero. :)

R B)

• 1 month later...

Hasn't generated a whole lot of Peace, this Show, has it? :blink:

Their equation is

Peace = Green + No War + Water + Food + Health + Education

and it's not an easy solution.

Almost three years have passed since the 07-07-07 Live Earth concerts ... "Live Earth's 24 hours of music across 7 continents delivered a worldwide call to action and the solutions necessary to answer that call"

At least they're trying to help with some sort of a solution :wall:

• 3 months later...

As misguided you may feel this event may be, Mr Jones, please tell me you dont mean to infer that pollution of the environment is either A)-not really happening, or B) just plain wonderful.

I don't believe I've ever inferred pollution wasn't happening or that it is wonderful. I probably have said a few negative things concerning "message" or "consciousness raising" concerts in general and Charade, I mean Show for Peace in particular.

What a great show! watched it on TV! Jimmy's performance was excellent, looking forward to his new album, sounds like it will really be good. I hope more of these concerts will be staged in the future!

All this and more have been updated on JimmyPage.com

It's a great site to visit for new and upcoming information on all of Jimmy's "new" work! :P

Archived