Brittany Murphy Dies at 32

longdistancewinner

TMZ

Brittany Murphy died early this morning after she went into full cardiac arrest and could not be revived, multiple sources tell TMZ.

She was 32.

A 911 call was made at 8:00 AM from a home in Los Angeles that is listed as belonging to her husband, Simon Monjack, the Los Angeles City Fire Department tells TMZ.

We're told Murphy was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where she was pronounced dead on arrival.

Murphy starred in such films as "Clueless," "8 Mile," and "Don't Say a Word."

Sad. I loved her in Girl, Interrupted :(

$10 says drugs are involved somehow. She's 32 years old, that's much too young to die of natural causes unless she had underlying health problems no one knew about. It's a damn shame either way - early 30s is such a waste.

I don't know if she was using drugs but there has been talk about her suffering from an eating disorder which would also put a huge strain on the heart. Whatever the case, it's just so sad as you said - and way too young.

^ Exactly, i bet $20 she died of complications related to anorexia. I just saw a picture of her at an award show event on the news and she was bone thin. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/anorexia/DS00606/DSECTION=complications

Very sad, she was such a cute girl and seemed to be truly sweet. I hope the cause of death will be revealed and if my very likely hunch is right, will help to once again shed light on this terrible illness.

That's what I said, too.

So sad about her passing, though. May she RIP.

Anorexia puts a tremendous strain on the heart, and cardiac arrest is a common complication. Isn't that how Karen Carpenter died?

I didn't recognize the name but when I looked up her picture I remember her from the Clueless movie. The NY teen transplant to Hollywood and befriended and made over by the other Cluless girls.

Karen Carpenter had a long history with anorexia and did die from the complications it creates.

It's always sad to see a young persons life cut short unexpectly like that. I'm waiting to see what the official cause of death will be from the autopsy. Never like to speculate on something I may no nothing about.

My thoughts and prayers to her family and friends.

She's a lot more well known amongst the young'uns. She was in Clueless; Girl, Interrupted; 8 Mile; Sin City; Just Married.

She was great in Clueless and even better in Girl, Interrupted. She played a very troubled young woman with an eating disorder - go figure.

Linky

Ignore the tourette's sufferer (or not, whatever does it for you), Brittany was the girl who spent her time talking about her new apartment with an 'eat-in chicken'. I thought she was one the best actresses in this film.

Such a shame that she'll never have the opportunity to perform like this again.

I hope it doesn't seem disrespectful posting this clip. Let me know if it is. No harm intended.

She's a lot more well known amongst the young'uns. She was in Clueless; Girl, Interrupted; 8 Mile; Sin City; Just Married.

She was great in Clueless and even better in Girl, Interrupted. She played a very troubled young woman with an eating disorder - go figure.

Linky

Ignore the tourette's sufferer (or not, whatever does it for you), Brittany was the girl who spent her time talking about her new apartment with an 'eat-in chicken'. I thought she was one the best actresses in this film.

Such a shame that she'll never have the opportunity to perform like this again.

I hope it doesn't seem disrespectful posting this clip. Let me know if it is. No harm intended.

Thanks for the clip, LDW! Doesn't seem disrespectful to me. Just a way to honor her memory, in my opinion. And a means of educating us oldsters as to who she was. Thank you.

She was a good actress.

She will be missed.

That's what I said, too.

So sad about her passing, though. May she RIP.

Anorexia puts a tremendous strain on the heart, and cardiac arrest is a common complication. Isn't that how Karen Carpenter died?

Yes it sure was and she was only 32yosad.gif

Thanks for the clip, LDW! Doesn't seem disrespectful to me. Just a way to honor her memory, in my opinion. And a means of educating us oldsters as to who she was. Thank you.

She was a good actress.

She will be missed.

You're welcome.

The film is one of my favourites, I would definitely recommend checking it out if you haven't. Here's another great scene featuring Brittany.

I remember when she was on the show "Almost Home" back in the early 1990's. I missed "Clueless" when it first came out. The next time I saw her was on one of those TV entertain magazines, I was shocked at how she had changed. She seemed so fragile and thin with dark circles under her eyes. This is so sad, she was a good actress.

Among many tv and movie roles, i noticed she was also the voice of Luanne Platter on King of the Hill. I don't watch the show, but thought maybe you have seen it since it's quite popular.

Or because you think I'm a Redneck?dry.gifwink.giftongue.gif

LUANNE-BRITTANY_copy.jpg

$20 it was the butler in the basement with the rat poison.

So the question is

Chris Henry on Thursday

Brittany Murphy on Sunday

..............on monday?

Hopefully nobody, however what wouldn't surprise me would be -

Artie Lange!

RIP Ms. Murphy.

Now I read that she had exhibited symptoms of the flu (H1N1?) in the days before she passed away. Combine that with what could be considered malnourishment, and yes it's not hard to believe someone could succumb from it even at the age of 32.

Rest in peace beautiful and charming girl.

Archived