But it's a religion of peace....

Wolfman

They're ALL religions of Peace.

Christians bombing abortion clinics.

Jews driving Palestinians out of their homelands.

Muslims attacking cartoonists.

All cut from the same cloth.

where do Buddhists fit into the picture.

Oh wait, they set themselves on fire.

Does that count?

where do Buddhists fit into the picture.

Oh wait, they set themselves on fire.

Does that count?

I was talking about the 3 religions of Abraham who all ostensibly believe in the same sky being

from the article,

As the assailant was led away by police, several people stormed the front of the room, chanting "God is great" in Arabic.

Ya know, maybe just maybe if those in the crowd had yelled "God is great" in Swedish it would've been ok. blahblah.gif

Ya think?

Islam a religion of peace. That's some great marketing propaganda right there for all the liberal clowns to feed on.

The Koran is full anti peace words, so we can start there. Fundamentally, Islam is not a religion of peace.

Then we have to look at the actions and behaviors of Muslims in general. Certainly not peaceful.

I could write a whole lot more, but the topic exhausts me.

Islam a religion of peace. That's some great marketing propaganda right there for all the liberal clowns to feed on.

The Koran is full anti peace words, so we can start there. Fundamentally, Islam is not a religion of peace.

Then we have to look at the actions and behaviors of Muslims in general. Certainly not peaceful.

I could write a whole lot more, but the topic exhausts me.

Everything he said is right. But so is this.

Islam Christianity a religion of peace. That's some great marketing propaganda right there for all the liberal right-wing clowns to feed on.

The Koran Bible is full anti peace words, so we can start there. Fundamentally, Islam Christianity is not a religion of peace.

Then we have to look at the actions and behaviors of Muslims Christians in general. Certainly not peaceful.

Are you the Pot or the Kettle ?

I'm not talking about Christianity. No one goes around claiming Christianity is a religion of peace, but that's certainly become Islam's slogan. Since they keep on preaching this religion of peace garbage, then they've invited it to be discussed.

Your comparisons, or the similarities you speak of, are irrelevant. The actions of Islam and Muslims around the globe make this pretty clear.

I'm not talking about Christianity. No one goes around claiming Christianity is a religion of peace, but that's certainly become Islam's slogan. Since they keep on preaching this religion of peace garbage, then they've invited it to be discussed.

Your comparisons, or the similarities you speak of, are irrelevant. The actions of Islam and Muslims around the globe make this pretty clear.

But many right wing clowns speak about Islam and then extol the virtues of Christianity, and yet they're just 2 sides of the same coin.

I don't object to criticism of Islam, but when one claims to speak from a position of moral superiority I have an issue.

Whether that position is from a Christian point of view, or even from someone who supports say the actions of the US or UK governments over the years, which are as steeped in violence as Islam is.

People in glass houses, rocks, etc

But many right wing clowns speak about Islam and then extol the virtues of Christianity, and yet they're just 2 sides of the same coin.

I don't object to criticism of Islam, but when one claims to speak from a position of moral superiority I have an issue.

Whether that position is from a Christian point of view, or even from someone who supports say the actions of the US or UK governments over the years, which are as steeped in violence as Islam is.

People in glass houses, rocks, etc

My man! :thumbsup:

Can I buy you a beer?

:goodpost:

No one brought up Christianity in this thread. It's kind of an irrelevant comparison anyway.

Of course there are two sides to every story, and I understand why Muslims are angry. I would be angry too if I was a Muslim. However, beyond any sort of political policy which is a cause for anger etc, there remains a fundamental ideology which prevents Muslims from ever fully embracing the western world. And in a world where large amounts of Muslims are immigrating to western nations, this is a problem.

Even if we took away the Israel issue, and we took away the wars etc, this problem would still remain.

The integration of Islam with the non Islamic world is an extremely complicated issue. Unfortunately, it hasn't been successful thus far. Who's fault is that? Well, it's certainly not the host nations' fault. In Europe, where there has been massive Muslim immigration, the host nations have generally had an extremely liberal and tolerant policy. Yet, Muslims fail to integrate, they typically abuse the social systems, and they generally turn which ever area they settle into something worse than it was before. Despite all of the opportunities they have in their new countries, they continue to be a failure.

Then we must look at their home countries. Nearly every Muslim country is plagued by war, fighting, cruel "justice" systems, human rights violations, and a zero tolerance policy for anything non Muslim.

You can build a Mosque anywhere in the world, but try to go to a Muslim country and build a church or some other place of worship. You simply will not be allowed, and if by some chance you were, it would likely be violently destroyed.

There's a lot of hypocrisy in Islam: they immigrate to other nations, and expect those nations to cater to all of their religious rights, but in their home countries, they refuse to return the favor.

Maybe all of the religious texts have violent or non peaceful words, but Islam seems to be the only religion in modern times that actively follows these words.

The evidence is everywhere.

No one brought up Christianity in this thread. It's kind of an irrelevant comparison anyway.

Of course there are two sides to every story, and I understand why Muslims are angry. I would be angry too if I was a Muslim. However, beyond any sort of political policy which is a cause for anger etc, there remains a fundamental ideology which prevents Muslims from ever fully embracing the western world. And in a world where large amounts of Muslims are immigrating to western nations, this is a problem.

Even if we took away the Israel issue, and we took away the wars etc, this problem would still remain.

The integration of Islam with the non Islamic world is an extremely complicated issue. Unfortunately, it hasn't been successful thus far. Who's fault is that? Well, it's certainly not the host nations' fault. In Europe, where there has been massive Muslim immigration, the host nations have generally had an extremely liberal and tolerant policy. Yet, Muslims fail to integrate, they typically abuse the social systems, and they generally turn which ever area they settle into something worse than it was before. Despite all of the opportunities they have in their new countries, they continue to be a failure.

Then we must look at their home countries. Nearly every Muslim country is plagued by war, fighting, cruel "justice" systems, human rights violations, and a zero tolerance policy for anything non Muslim.

You can build a Mosque anywhere in the world, but try to go to a Muslim country and build a church or some other place of worship. You simply will not be allowed, and if by some chance you were, it would likely be violently destroyed.

There's a lot of hypocrisy in Islam: they immigrate to other nations, and expect those nations to cater to all of their religious rights, but in their home countries, they refuse to return the favor.

Maybe all of the religious texts have violent or non peaceful words, but Islam seems to be the only religion in modern times that actively follows these words.

The evidence is everywhere.

which is why the words hypocrisy and religion should always be included in the same sentence. I'm a non believer and have no problem with admitting that. I sleep well at night and have no fear of the after life.

Muslims are very fortunate that Islam already exists. Why? Because if anybody tried to set up a belief system or political party which espoused traditional Muslim values in modern Britain, it would be banned on the basis that it promotes racial and theological hatred.