Rate the Song Above You

MMAharaja

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^5 Eh...I didn't quite like that! Sorry!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykctH2Kn8RM

@greenman : If you are going to be the one who is going to rate the above song I've posted, you can give it a zero if you want, as a way of "pay back" for my low rating of your song (because that's what you do, isn't it?)! :P

^8.5 This song is very underrated! I don't think I've seen even a mention of BGA on this thread!

A classic from "The Who" B)

• 3 weeks later...

RnR,

Hi there. :) Didn't you have a video up on some band named Bran Bjork? Maybe I'm seeing things....yikes. Well, now my comments have to change to reflect the above song for Town Van Zandt.

So, that would be a rating of 7.5 maybe 8. Never heard of him, but it's got a nice folk-sy sound/feel to it.

How about just a lady and her guitar? (Carly needs some shoes!) (Nice dress though!) :D .....missy

RnR,

Hi there. :) Didn't you have a video up on some band named Bran Bjork? Maybe I'm seeing things....yikes. Well, now my comments have to change to reflect the above song for Town Van Zandt.

So, that would be a rating of 7.5 maybe 8. Never heard of him, but it's got a nice folk-sy sound/feel to it.

Most folks are probably more familiar with Willie Nelson & Merle Haggard's version of Townes' "Pancho & Lefty":

Townes is more well known as a songwriter than a performer, tons of artists have recorded his material over the years including Robert Plant who included a Townes song on each of his past two records ("Nothin'" from Raising Sand & "Harm's Swift Way" from Band of Joy). Sadly, Townes died on New Year's Day 1997 after years of alcohol and substance abuse. If you're interested in learning more about him I highly recommend the Heartworn Highways documentary (which also covers other singer/songwriters such as Steve Earle, Steve Young [probably best known for "Seven Bridges Road"], Guy Clark, Charlie Daniels and Guy Clark). Also well worth viewing is the documentary on Townes himself called Be Here To Love Me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLWo0oyDp1A

Most folks are probably more familiar with Willie Nelson & Merle Haggard's version of Townes' "Pancho & Lefty":

Townes is more well known as a songwriter than a performer, tons of artists have recorded his material over the years including Robert Plant who included a Townes song on each of his past two records ("Nothin'" from Raising Sand & "Harm's Swift Way" from Band of Joy). Sadly, Townes died on New Year's Day 1997 after years of alcohol and substance abuse. If you're interested in learning more about him I highly recommend the Heartworn Highways documentary (which also covers other singer/songwriters such as Steve Earle, Steve Young [probably best known for "Seven Bridges Road"], Guy Clark, Charlie Daniels and Guy Clark). Also well worth viewing is the documentary on Townes himself called Be Here To Love Me.

Oh I had no idea. That's so sad about his death. I may indeed watch the doc as I like anything of a biographical nature.

You know I don't listen to much country in the last 25 years or so, but in the early 1980's I would listen to Willie, Hank Williams Jr. and I loved Merle Haggard's stuff. It was all good back then. Here's my favorite Merle song. I'm a little embarassed to put it up since this is about as opposite Led Zeppelin as one gets. But what the heck I'll put it up. I guess that would be 2 video's for you or the next person to rate from me.

Good stuff. Thanks for reminding me of The Hag. :) missy

Oh I had no idea. That's so sad about his death. I may indeed watch the doc as I like anything of a biographical nature.

Be sure to grab some hankies as Townes' story is a very sad one but it is very worth watching.

You know I don't listen to much country in the last 25 years or so, but in the early 1980's I would listen to Willie, Hank Williams Jr. and I loved Merle Haggard's stuff. It was all good back then.

Country music is still good now but you'd be hard pressed to find anything on commercial country radio worth listening to. There's still lots out there that's worthy of your attention such as Bill Kirchen (formerly of Commander Cody's Lost Planet Airmen), Hayes Carll (who was recently on Austin City Limits and has a new album due out next month), James McMurtry (son of Lonesome Dove author Larry McMurtry), Tift Merritt, Kathleen Edwards, Gillian Welch, Kasey Chambers, etc., the list just goes on and on.

Here's my favorite Merle song. I'm a little embarassed to put it up since this is about as opposite Led Zeppelin as one gets. But what the heck I'll put it up. I guess that would be 2 video's for you or the next person to rate from me.

Good stuff. Thanks for reminding me of The Hag. :) missy

There's no reason to be embarrassed. This may be a Led Zeppelin site but I certainly don't listen to them (or just rock n' roll) 24/7. I also like folk, reggae, bluegrass, rockabilly, ska, zydeco and a wide variety of other kinds of music. I love Led Zeppelin but a person can't live by Zeppelin alone, at least I don't.

Archived