World Cup 2010

toscano

Got this off some futbol site: The US National Team doesn't happen to have an official nickname, though the "Yanks" and the "Red, White and Blue" have been used at times throughout the years.

You just worry about the orange and black man. I hope you enjoy the game, but Im rooting against the Flyers who I hate. So what do the tickets go for if you get them from the box office? I once saw a game at the old spectrum, tossed after three Labatts bottles accidentally dropped out of my jacket. During the star spangled banner right during "the Labatts bottles bursting in air". That city and I just dont get along.

OK. Stupid american here with World Cup questions, as I love the World Cup. Do you think England deserves to be the third favorite behind Spain and Brazil? I will cheer for England as I have enough English ancestory to deem it the correct choice. It seems if all goes according to plan they will have another showdown with Argentina who we know is going to be tough. Why isnt Becham on the team? Who is the best player on England as a striker? I hope they win. I am surprised that Italy and France are ranked lower than usual. Brazil is always right up there. Spain, I imagine will really be out to get it done, I have heard they have some major injuries? Do you think Germany is a threat? Or the Netherlands? Ill see if anyone responds. Go England!!!

In short .. Beckham is old hat, Germany have a useless team and their best players are injured, Rooney is the best striker (possibly in the world) and England will win!!!!

Spain seem to be favourites but they will implode in the semi's

31344_1471388113118_1486101757_1223471_4466287_n.jpg

In short .. Beckham is old hat, Germany have a useless team and their best players are injured, Rooney is the best striker (possibly in the world) and England will win!!!!

Spain seem to be favourites but they will implode in the semi's

Beckham's not old hat, he's injured, and if he hadn't been he'd have made the final squad.

Will we win? Of course we will - as long as Wright-Phillips doesn't get a game :D

OK. Stupid american here with World Cup questions, as I love the World Cup. Do you think England deserves to be the third favorite behind Spain and Brazil? I will cheer for England as I have enough English ancestory to deem it the correct choice. It seems if all goes according to plan they will have another showdown with Argentina who we know is going to be tough. Why isnt Becham on the team? Who is the best player on England as a striker? I hope they win. I am surprised that Italy and France are ranked lower than usual. Brazil is always right up there. Spain, I imagine will really be out to get it done, I have heard they have some major injuries? Do you think Germany is a threat? Or the Netherlands? Ill see if anyone responds. Go England!!!

Hi Ho 'silvermedalist'

Don't put yourself down so, Ti's the English that are stupid to think that even if we deserved to be rated third favourites that FIFA would allow us to win. FIFA is a South American Organisation, and as TRUE South American Hispanics they back Argentina 100% in their quest for the Falklands and would never act in a true sportsmanship way to England. We get the same treatment in the Eurovision Song Contest for our continuing support for the US in the Wars on Terror in Iraq and Afghanistan, its just something you have to put up with when your best friend is America, and something that we are proud to be, for the most part i think.

1. Do you think England deserves to be the third favorite behind Spain and Brazil?

Me personally? NO

2. Why isn't Beckham on the team?

Because he is supposed to be injured, As for me personally? He is a shit player only good for Corners and Free Kicks, i hate the little shit, he has cost us dear in World Cups before, he cant tackle and his wife is an anorexic stick insect that is so thin she cant have sex anymore in case she breaks in half, and he talks like a girlie woofter, and that's a fact according to Dannypedia. :o:lol:

3. Who is the best player in England as a striker?

Rooney, according to my son anyway.

4. Do you think Germany is a threat?

YES,

"But we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and the streets, we shall fight in the hills,

WE SHALL NEVER SURRENDER

And even if, which i do not for a moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in Gods good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to rescue and the liberation of the old."

5. Or the Netherlands?

Always a threat, a very good footballing Nation, always, never underestimate a country that allows "Dyke's" to thrive everywhere, that builds its economy on "Cheese's", that worships "Windmills" and that "Openly" admits that it "Likes" "SEX", this country of the Netherlands must not only be respected, it is to be "FEARED"

I hope i answered all your questions satisfactory, if you have any more you only have to ask, or you can email me at doyoureallythinkigiveashit?@Yahoo.co.uk

Regards, Danny

Hi Ho 'silvermedalist'

Don't put yourself down so, Ti's the English that are stupid to think that even if we deserved to be rated third favourites that FIFA would allow us to win. FIFA is a South American Organisation, and as TRUE South American Hispanics they back Argentina 100% in their quest for the Falklands and would never act in a true sportsmanship way to England. We get the same treatment in the Eurovision Song Contest for our continuing support for the US in the Wars on Terror in Iraq and Afghanistan, its just something you have to put up with when your best friend is America, and something that we are proud to be, for the most part i think.

1. Do you think England deserves to be the third favorite behind Spain and Brazil?

Me personally? NO

2. Why isn't Beckham on the team?

Because he is supposed to be injured, As for me personally? He is a shit player only good for Corners and Free Kicks, i hate the little shit, he has cost us dear in World Cups before, he cant tackle and his wife is an anorexic stick insect that is so thin she cant have sex anymore in case she breaks in half, and he talks like a girlie woofter, and that's a fact according to Dannypedia. ohmy.giflaugh.gif

3. Who is the best player in England as a striker?

Rooney, according to my son anyway.

4. Do you think Germany is a threat?

YES,

"But we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and the streets, we shall fight in the hills,

WE SHALL NEVER SURRENDER

And even if, which i do not for a moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in Gods good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to rescue and the liberation of the old."

5. Or the Netherlands?

Always a threat, a very good footballing Nation, always, never underestimate a country that allows "Dyke's" to thrive everywhere, that builds its economy on "Cheese's", that worships "Windmills" and that "Openly" admits that it "Likes" "SEX", this country of the Netherlands must not only be respected, it is to be "FEARED"

I hope i answered all your questions satisfactory, if you have any more you only have to ask, or you can email me at doyoureallythinkigiveashit?@Yahoo.co.uk

Regards, Danny

Thanks much Danny. I assume you quoted the late great Winston Churchill in there? If correct his thoughts aimed at Hitler and the ensuing batte of Britain? England and the United States should always remain great friends and also Canada. I will watch and cheer for England, but like in hockey, you have to be not only good but a bit lucky. One bad call or an unlucky bounce can spell doom. I would pretty mucb gaurantee a showdown with Argentina is coming. Lets hope that the result is better this time. I dont get to see the English league games here. They may be available but Im not sure where. All the worlds great players go there it seems so it must be soccer's equivelent of the NHL. Hockey is played internationally as american brand football really isnt. The World Cup is the only true world championship other than the Olympics I would argue. I guess boxing used to be but that is not what it once was. Someone said recently, nobody even knows who the heavyweight champion is anymore. Forty years ago everyone knew. I do have another question, how and who decides the groups? Probably the commisiion? I see that most of the power house teams are seperated. But group A is very strong and two good teams wil be sent home early. I would think France and Mexico would come out but Uruguay being from Sout America I would suspect cant be that bad having to deal with Brazil so often? South Africa I see is not rated as very good, seems perhaps Ivory Coast may be the best of the African teams but not sure. I am basing this on Vegas odds to win the whole deal. But the fact England is the third choice and given Spain is the top choice given their injuries, I would think if England can beat Argentina they have a good shot at making it to the final game. I have to go back and check but think Brazil would play Spain assuming they got that far, in the semi final? So England's biggest obstacle would have to be considered Argentina. And then perhaps Germany. One week from today the fun starts. I cant believe the US plays England. I would have to believe the US would be favored to escape the group, I think they would be favored over Algeria and Slovenia but not sure. If we got knocked out I wouldnt be surprised. Assuming we lose to England and win the other two, I guess that would move us to the next round? I am expecting England to swep that group and go 3-0. Hopefully. Talk to you during the matches. Rick

Checking out the friendly matches. Some surprises to me. China 1 France 0 and Mexico 2 Italy 1. I guess those two who met in the final four years ago are not the teams they were. Good. Want to see both of them get beat. Go England! 5 more days it all starts!

Brad Jones reserve Keeper for Australia has pulled out of the World Cup after his 4 year old son was diagnosed with Leukhemia.

Puts everything into perspective, doesn't it?

Yes it does Reg. The family must be devestated about their son.

Too bad about more bad news. But I am looking forward to watching the games. Three days! I am wondering if they will be shown live? I think Africa, the west coast would be about 6 hours ahead of the EST time zone in the US? Maybe 7 in Cape Town/South Africa? Ill have to look it up. I will assume games in the afternoon will be shown here in the morning and the night games in the afternoon? Cant be as bad as when in Japan. Go England!!

I thought the Hooligans were banned?

Yes 'redrum' many are, and many have had to surrender thier passports, but there are also many that the authorities dont know about because they have never been arrested or been in trouble with the police so slip through the net.

My advice to them is this, keep a low profile, dont cause any trouble, dont swear or use any offensive language, and most important of all remember that the rest of the worlds police will not treat you with kid gloves on as those in England have done, if you get in to trouble sort it out yourselves as we back home dont give a fcuk about you and we dont feel responsable for getting you out of other countries jails or paying for your crimes. ;)

If you cant do the time dont do the crime, you know it makes sense, Cushty?

Regards, Danny

PS, And it the players i'm refering too not the supporters. :lol:

My advice to them is this, keep a low profile, dont cause any trouble, dont swear or use any offensive language, and most important of all remember that the rest of the worlds police will not treat you with kid gloves on as those in England have done, if you get in to trouble sort it out yourselves as we back home dont give a fcuk about you and we dont feel responsable for getting you out of other countries jails or paying for your crimes. ;)

Stevie G, Shrek and Tha Jizzlobba: BIGDAN's talkin to ya! :D

PS, And it the players i'm refering too not the supporters. :lol:

That would be the Argies, yes?

Wow, can't believe it, only one more sleep to go! In fact, I might even stay up all night :hurrah:

Roll on Saturday night, around 9.15, when hopefully we'll have our boot well & truly on the yanks' throats! YEAH! Let's KICK SOME ASS!!!!

YEE-HAW !!!!!!

^ You won't kick much ass if your boot's on the throat. :blink:

I don't have a lot of faith in the England team this time - but then I guess that's partly because the idea of turds like Ashley Cole and John Terry getting near that trophy makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

^ You won't kick much ass if your boot's on the throat. :blink:

I don't have a lot of faith in the England team this time - but then I guess that's partly because the idea of turds like Ashley Cole and John Terry getting near that trophy makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

Hi Knebby,

I'm getting to like you more and more, keep it up and you'll have me wetting myself. :lol:

Regards, Danny

PS, My guess, England 1 USA 1 (At some point in the game anyway, ;)) or maybe 0-0, or even 2-2, who knows?

That would be the Argies, yes?

No, not just the Argie's, the whole bunch of Diving, Spitting, Foulmouthed, Fornicating, Dirty, Shirt Pulling SOBs. :o

:hysterical:

You're right about the Chav$ki tossers too, Knebby. Bobby Moore would be turning in his grave at the idea of vermin like them pulling on an England shirt.

I've just watched a documentary on the Great Man Himself, BOBBY MOORE, the Greatest, most popular and gentlemanly player to ever put on the England shirt, and yes he would feel ashamed of some of those witless tossers that turn out for England today, Oh to return to the days when Men were Gentle and Women were Quiet. :lol:

Regards, Danny

No, not just the Argie's, the whole bunch of Diving, Spitting, Foulmouthed, Fornicating, Dirty, Shirt Pulling SOBs. ohmy.gif

I've just watched a documentary on the Great Man Himself, BOBBY MOORE, the Greatest, most popular and gentlemanly player to ever put on the England shirt, and yes he would feel ashamed of some of those witless tossers that turn out for England today, Oh to return to the days when Men were Gentle and Women were Quiet. laugh.gif

Regards, Danny

Or when men were men and sheep were nervous laugh.gif For me, Bobby Moore put on as great an individual performance as I've ever seen against Brazil in WC 70. Everybody remembers that game for the Banks save off of Pele but Moore did everything but put the ball in the back of the net for Jarziniho. Anyone who knows their fitba would have to rank Moore as one of the best ever

Archived