World Cup 2010

toscano

Spain has a lot of injury concerns : Xavi, Fabregas, Torres

Germany just lost Ballack and is very young.

Argentina is managed by an idiot who left out the likes of Zanetti and Cambiasso and has zero idea how to utilize Messi and Tevez

Italy is in for a down year.

Brazil are playing the most boring football in their history under Dunga and their intentions have been made clear with the leaving out of Pato and Ronaldinho.

France has possibly the best squad but again are managed by a fool, and they left out Benzema and Nasri ?? WTF are they thinking ?

If Rooney is healthy, I'm picking England. Capello's given them mental toughness they haven't had in the past.

Spain has a lot of injury concerns : Xavi, Fabregas, Torres

Germany just lost Ballack and is very young.

Argentina is managed by an idiot who left out the likes of Zanetti and Cambiasso and has zero idea how to utilize Messi and Tevez

Italy is in for a down year.

Brazil are playing the most boring football in their history under Dunga and their intentions have been made clear with the leaving out of Pato and Ronaldinho.

France has possibly the best squad but again are managed by a fool, and they left out Benzema and Nasri ?? WTF are they thinking ?

If Rooney is healthy, I'm picking England. Capello's given them mental toughness they haven't had in the past.

GO US of..

Oh, fug it.

But if we could beat England, I wouldn't care if we were ousted in the first round

GO US of..

Oh, fug it.

But if we could beat England, I wouldn't care if we were ousted in the first round

And IF my Aunt had Balls She would be my Uncle wouldn't She? :o:yesnod::lol:

And if the USA do beat England you can join the long list of Small Minded, Bigoted, God Botherers and England haters along with the Scotch, Paddies, Welchers, Frogs, Huns/Bosch, Spicks, Ities, Wogs, Turban Munchers, Yids, Muzzies, Gipos, Pakis, Nig-Nogs, Argies and all the other Hispanic Dago types, and if i have missed any out I'm sure someone can fill in the blanks for me. :D Oh and dont forget to cash your giro on the way out will you? you know it makes sense, cushty? ;)

Who do i want to win? the team that plays the fairest and stays within the rules, so none of the above if that's OK with y'all?

Japan will do for me though, as they have a History of Fair Play or Decapitation depending on whether you Play By The Rules or Upset the Shogun. :thumbsup:

Regards, Danny

• 2 weeks later...

And IF

And if the USA do beat England you can join the long list of Small Minded, Bigoted, God Botherers and England haters

and if England cleans house with the Yanks, like they're expected to, then i'm sure we'll here about it for the next twenty years. What goes around comes around. :whistling:

and i don't care who wins as long as it's not Italy or Brazil.

Go Azzurri!!!

so i'm watching ESPN 2's Mike and Mike in the Morning, since it's a holiday and i'm off today, and in the right corner of the way too much graphic info for anyone to ingest at one time, they are listing the groupings for the World Cup, their 1st round schedules, and personal info on each country ie; population, nicknames, etc. Well, each time just before it would get to the USA's group, they would break for a commercial so i never got to see what the US's nickname is. Do you know?

and if England cleans house with the Yanks, like they're expected to, then i'm sure we'll here about it for the next twenty years. What goes around comes around. whistling.gif

and i don't care who wins as long as it's not Italy or Brazil.

Amen to that. I, as an american, have the feeling that soccer is a sport that upsets can very easily occur in due to a goalie that is playing great or a team that plays the old conservative "trap" as its called in hockey. But in soccer if you score first somehow, you can make it difficult for the opposition. I wish they would change the offsides rule or at least let the ones that are close go. If a player is straddling an attacker, let it go. I hope England beats us. And beats us badly. hA. I have enough English ancestory that i would rather see them win and go far, than us upset them just to make it easier for Argentina. I dont want the US to be the Montreal Canadiens of soccer. Go ye damned bloody English!!!! Goooooooo!!!!!!!ohmy.gif

I think that was the longest Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalll ever! :o

This one is almost twice as long as that.

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Wadayatink?

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/130499/longest_free_kick_scored/

Regards, Danny

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Wadayatink?

I think these announcers are attempting to jazz up a borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring sport the same way David Lee Roth used kicks, spins and screams to jazz up a boring voice.

I think these announcers are attempting to jazz up a borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring sport the same way David Lee Roth used kicks, spins and screams to jazz up a boring voice.

Harsh on both counts there, Mr Jones. Very harsh.

I'd say Mr Roth is the greatest rock frontman your country has ever produced (and the original VH its greatest band). That's not saying much, I know, but just look at what followed him. Poor old Sammy 'If I Ever Had One Original Thought In My Head, It Would Die Of Loneliness' Hagar didn't even bother trying to jazz himself up, presumably on the basis that you can't polish a turd.

As for 'soccer', only a speed freak could possibly find it boring. What with all the non-stop action, you yanks should try watching it on downers, to slow it down to your accustomed soporific baseball/American football levels of inertia. And at least the World Cup is a genuine international event, unlike baseball's laughably titled World Series :P

Hi Steve,

Haha, you're so wrong there, its far from boring, and i too have my issues with the way the game is played and run, but until someone can come up with a better sport, and no i don't mean "Baseball" "American Football-Grid Iron" "Ice Hockey" "Basketball" or anything else that calls itself a "World Series" but only has "One" Country playing in it, it will just have to do wont it? :lol:

I'm in total agreement with you about Le Roth though. ;)

I always thought "Dwarf Tossing" or "Wife Ducking" would one day be a world sport but what do i know? :whistling:

Regards, Danny

PS, And i would just love it if the USA beat England and go on to win the World Cup, that would be better than "Peace on Earth" any day, why you may ask? because it is so much more unachievable, and unbelievable at the same time. :o:lol:

Hi all,

BigDan,your daft! :hysterical:

KB

Hi Kev,

YEP, ain't i just? and proud of it mate, but without my own self importance and egotistical wit this world would be a much darker place don't you think? :lol:

Very Kind Regards my old chum, Danny

PS, Has Ally been in touch lately, about stamps or boots? :whistling:

PPS, "Come on you Doodles, win it for the Rebels"

Wadayatink?

http://www.metacafe....ee_kick_scored/

Regards, Danny

Nice one, does it count if it bounces?

31344_1471265550054_1486101757_1223305_5993890_n.jpg

Nice one, does it count if it bounces?

31344_1471265550054_1486101757_1223305_5993890_n.jpg

Hi Connyfogal,

Oh yes, and if they both bounce all the better. :lol:

Regards, Danny

PS, 442-433-343-532 I've heard of but 57524 no, you're playing with 13 too many mate. :lol: or is it EGEBD? :wtf:

Hi Connyfogal,

Oh yes, and if they both bounce all the better. :lol:

Regards, Danny

PS, 442-433-343-532 I've heard of but 57524 no, you're playing with 13 too many mate. :lol: or is it EGEBD? :wtf:

2-9-7- 4-1-14 should be yours B)

Good point, I'll have Becks' number, he wont need it

31344_1471388113118_1486101757_1223471_4466287_n.jpg

2-9-7- 4-1-14 should be yours B)

Good point, I'll have Becks' number, he wont need it

31344_1471388113118_1486101757_1223471_4466287_n.jpg

No he most definatly will not, and as long as you get a hatrick in the final my money is on you. :beer:

Regards, Danny

PS, 2-9-7- 4-1-14? so where did you get my phone number from then? :lol:

No he most definatly will not, and as long as you get a hatrick in the final my money is on you. beer.gif

Regards, Danny

PS, 2-9-7- 4-1-14? so where did you get my phone number from then? laugh.gif

OK. Stupid american here with World Cup questions, as I love the World Cup. Do you think England deserves to be the third favorite behind Spain and Brazil? I will cheer for England as I have enough English ancestory to deem it the correct choice. It seems if all goes according to plan they will have another showdown with Argentina who we know is going to be tough. Why isnt Becham on the team? Who is the best player on England as a striker? I hope they win. I am surprised that Italy and France are ranked lower than usual. Brazil is always right up there. Spain, I imagine will really be out to get it done, I have heard they have some major injuries? Do you think Germany is a threat? Or the Netherlands? Ill see if anyone responds. Go England!!!

so i'm watching ESPN 2's Mike and Mike in the Morning, since it's a holiday and i'm off today, and in the right corner of the way too much graphic info for anyone to ingest at one time, they are listing the groupings for the World Cup, their 1st round schedules, and personal info on each country ie; population, nicknames, etc. Well, each time just before it would get to the USA's group, they would break for a commercial so i never got to see what the US's nickname is. Do you know?

Got this off some futbol site: The US National Team doesn't happen to have an official nickname, though the "Yanks" and the "Red, White and Blue" have been used at times throughout the years.

Archived