American Woman

neilymon

Does any body know if Led Zeppelin recorded American Woman. I thought is was done by The Guess Who.

Someone here in the area thinks it was Led Zeppelin. I listened to their version and it sure seems like

The Guess Who's distintive sound or NOT Led Zeppelin's distintive sound. HELP

Does any body know if Led Zeppelin recorded American Woman. I thought is was done by The Guess Who.

Someone here in the area thinks it was Led Zeppelin. I listened to their version and it sure seems like

The Guess Who's distintive sound or NOT Led Zeppelin's distintive sound. HELP

The Guess Who (Randy Bachman,Burton Cummings,Garry Peterson, and Jim Kale. The song was recorded on August 13, 1969. :peace:

The Guess Who (Randy Bachman,Burton Cummings,Garry Peterson, and Jim Kale. The song was recorded on August 13, 1969. peace.gif

That translates to grade 7 for me. Great band that coulda shoulda !

The Guess Who.

I saw them in December 1972 , the same year Live At The Paramount was released (one of my favourite live albums), I still have the original vinyl I bought all those years ago.

They were the support band for Three Dog Night!

Bachman had left and was replaced by Kurt Winter and Don McDougall.

The Guess Who.

I saw them in December 1972 , the same year Live At The Paramount was released (one of my favourite live albums), I still have the original vinyl I bought all those years ago.

They were the support band for Three Dog Night!

Bachman had left and was replaced by Kurt Winter and Don McDougall.

Always felt that if Bachman had stayed, they could have continued as a really good viable act. Unfortunately, Cummings went Vegas and the rest is history dry.gif

• 1 month later...

With all due respect to Bachman, the late Kurt Winter was an underrated guitarist who played and sung his way into the history of that band. His sound and style has never been duplicated to this day. His musicianship was one of a kind and is very, very missed. The planned follow up album to 'American Woman', 'The Way They Were' with Bachman (released from the vaults in 1976), can't begin to compare with the 1970 release 'Share The Land' with Winter. Kurt brought a pocketful of songs into that band from another group called Brother and they fit like a glove in The Guess Who. Unfortunately the band withdrew from its hippie roots in the mid-seventies and dismissed Winter in 1974. The band was never the same.

Kurt Winter 1946 - 1997

R.I.P.

We miss you.

It was the time i started to become a LZ fan at the time i didn't know much of their songs only Kashmir and Babe I'm Gonna Leave You I wasn't for sure if "American Woman" was actually by The Guess Who. I started to listen more of classic rock music back in the days and up to today i listen alot of alternative rock music i didn't start listening Classic rock music til 2 years ago. I'm use to listen to Grunge music, alternative music in the 90s and early 2000s, and today's rock music.

Archived