Bad live albums

Black Sabbath 'Live at Last' was useless in its original version. But when they reissued it, remastered with an extra CD including the whole of side one of Sabotage, it was TOTALLY AWESOME.

Also I really can't stand 'Priest Live' from the 80s. But 'Unleashed in the East' ( 'in the Studio', as some folks cruelly say) was possibly the Greatest Live Album of All Time.

And Floyd have never done a decent official live album, they all suck. Stick to the bootlegs.

You old meany, Oracle!

Although the bottom three bands have no redeeming features whatsoever, I still cherish the top two albums. And I once delivered a burger & fries to Peter Frampton in London! How cool was that? This was in about 1986. I think he was surprised that anyone still knew who he was. When the order came in, I think he was angling for recognition - he gave his name as PETER Frampton. Not 'Frampton', or 'Mr Frampton'.

When I got there, I told him I saw him live once. He seemed quite gratified. But if I hadn't known his name, I wouldn't have recognised him. He was bald as a coot by then.

Hair today, gone tomorrow....

You old meany, Oracle!

Although the bottom three bands have no redeeming features whatsoever, I still cherish the top two albums. And I once delivered a burger & fries to Peter Frampton in London! How cool was that? This was in about 1986. I think he was surprised that anyone still knew who he was. When the order came in, I think he was angling for recognition - he gave his name as PETER Frampton. Not 'Frampton', or 'Mr Frampton'.

When I got there, I told him I saw him live once. He seemed quite gratified. But if I hadn't known his name, I wouldn't have recognised him. He was bald as a coot by then.

Hair today, gone tomorrow....

I can't believe Peter didn't order some Humble Pie for dessert ! :lol:

That'd have been the best thing on the menu! :thumbsup:

KISS a milestone!

Oh brother. slapface.gif

I suppose if you were 8-10 years old or less at the time, I could see how that might be.

LOL I seriously think they wrote some really great songs. It's something about the simplicity that I like. They don't claim to be anything else then "Makin' Love" and "Rock'n'roll All Night and Party Every Day", so that's fine by me. I'm not to happy where they are today though, but on the ohter hand, I don't care much about it anyway.

LOL I seriously think they wrote some really great songs. It's something about the simplicity that I like. They don't claim to be anything else then "Makin' Love" and "Rock'n'roll All Night and Party Every Day", so that's fine by me. I'm not to happy where they are today though, but on the ohter hand, I don't care much about it anyway.

One thing I will admit,

I think Gene Simmons and his persona far eclipse KISS. Of course he wouldn't have that if it weren't for the band. He's impossible to ignore or to discount, but the band, oh come on! :lol:

He likes the smell of clean hair, I hear.

One thing I will admit,

I think Gene Simmons and his persona far eclipse KISS. Of course he wouldn't have that if it weren't for the band. He's impossible to ignore or to discount, but the band, oh come on! :lol:

He likes the smell of clean hair, I hear.

LOL, yes, he is a weird and entertaining person indeed..

I know you will not change your mind, but what I like with the rest of them is:

Paul's rhythm guitar. He has written some really great riffs and his style is very personal.

Ace is Ace, he made me start play guitar. He also have e very personal style.

Peter Criss, ok drummer, but with one of the best rock voices of the 70's. I mean, listen to Black Diamond! He must have been raised on Jack Daniels.

Sloppiness at it's best! :)

LOL, yes, he is a weird and entertaining person indeed..

I know you will not change your mind, but what I like with the rest of them is:

Paul's rhythm guitar. He has written some really great riffs and his style is very personal.

Ace is Ace, he made me start play guitar. He also have e very personal style.

Peter Criss, ok drummer, but with one of the best rock voices of the 70's. I mean, listen to Black Diamond! He must have been raised on Jack Daniels.

Sloppiness at it's best! smile.gif

Hmmm..

You're persuasive! :lol:

Ok, so if I'm forced to site their best work, this is it!

KISS_My_Ass_cover.jpg

Black Sabbath 'Live at Last' was useless in its original version. But when they reissued it, remastered with an extra CD including the whole of side one of Sabotage, it was TOTALLY AWESOME.

Also I really can't stand 'Priest Live' from the 80s. But 'Unleashed in the East' ( 'in the Studio', as some folks cruelly say) was possibly the Greatest Live Album of All Time.

And Floyd have never done a decent official live album, they all suck. Stick to the bootlegs.

I agree about the Sabbath and I have a boot from Asbury Park, N.J. from 75 (as I'm sure most fans do) that has some of the reissued tracks and kicks the snot out of the official release.

Priest live in the East = Good times! Good memories!

KISS a milestone!

Oh brother. slapface.gif

I suppose if you were 8-10 years old or less at the time, I could see how that might be.

O.K. you old buck who hasn't eaten in 70+ years. (love the avatar)

I WAS 8-10 when that shit was out and...it WAS good.............THEN!

Imagine being that age and being surrounded by your sisters with their Leif Garret, Bay City Rollers, Sean Cassidy, Andy Gibb, and even......

David Soul from "Starsky and Hutch!"

KISS seems pretty cool now compared to that shit don't they?

"Alive" introduced them to the world. Still somewhat underground before that record. "Destroyer" was another good one MINUS "Beth" (sisters' liked it). "Detroit Rock City" is as powerful an open track as there is. Once they became mainstream (Beth..Hard Luck Woman...stupid movies, etc) It was all over. Comparing them to Zep of course doesn't even compute but hey........I'm just giving credit where it's due for the times they were.

So much simpler.

"Love You Live" by the Rolling Stones. The one side recorded in that small Toronto club was very good but the rest of it was horrid.

You are right and "Still Life" (American Concert 1981) is also a real stinker.

The WHO - Live at Last...........Awful, their worst offering ever.

Pink Floyd - Pulse. Dull, Dull, Dull.........It has no spark. no spontaneity....should be great , but its shite.

O.K. you old buck who hasn't eaten in 70+ years. (love the avatar)

I WAS 8-10 when that shit was out and...it WAS good.............THEN!

Imagine being that age and being surrounded by your sisters with their Leif Garret, Bay City Rollers, Sean Cassidy, Andy Gibb, and even......

David Soul from "Starsky and Hutch!"

KISS seems pretty cool now compared to that shit don't they?

"Alive" introduced them to the world. Still somewhat underground before that record. "Destroyer" was another good one MINUS "Beth" (sisters' liked it). "Detroit Rock City" is as powerful an open track as there is. Once they became mainstream (Beth..Hard Luck Woman...stupid movies, etc) It was all over. Comparing them to Zep of course doesn't even compute but hey........I'm just giving credit where it's due for the times they were.

So much simpler.

I'm just glad my sisters were older and out of the house! But their friend, Daisy Duke, would sneak in thru the bathroom window to see me late at night. ;)

Their whole schtickt'd was aimed at comic book age kids and you were right there! Hard to deny the impression given at that time.

I'm just glad I was older at the time, though still at home. Oh and, I miss Daisy. :(

I'm just glad my sisters were older and out of the house! But their friend, Daisy Duke, would sneak in thru the bathroom window to see me late at night. ;)

Their whole schtickt'd was aimed at comic book age kids and you were right there! Hard to deny the impression given at that time.

I'm just glad I was older at the time, though still at home. Oh and, I miss Daisy. :(

Ah yes........DAISY!

That's what happened you see. I also had older brothers who listened to a lot of Zep and other great bands. Right after the height of Kissmania, I was introduced to "Mary Jane." A short time later...I was introduced to Gina. Suddenly, I was spinning spinning LZ II and HOTH on a regular basis. I started to "get it."

I'm curious as to why Frampton Comes Alive! gets such a bad rap. Personally I had to go years without listening to it to fully appreciate it again but that was due to overexposure, not anything to do with the record itself. When the deluxe edition came out just enough time had passed where I could give it a fresh start. It was well worth every penny. Back in the day, this album (along with Skynyrd's One More For From the Road and Zep's The Song Remains the Same) are what helped popularize live records. It also doesn't hurt that Cameron Crowe penned the liner notes to all three.

19c351c88da0b2b19d05e110.L.jpg