Led Zeppelin: again ?

Flyman

I heard many rumours about a possible re-formation of Led Zeppelin, or just a final tour, on 2011 or later... True or not ?

I prefer ask this question here, cos if I realize a day that Led Zep' was playing in Europe again and that I have missed them, I would regret it all my life x)

Thanks ;)

:hysterical: Here we go again. More reunion talk! We have beat this over and over friend. And had many an argument over this subject. Guys like me are wanting it to happen. Others want the past to stay in the past. I saw them in 77 in their prime and I would pay a good price to see them again if I could. But it does not seem possible at all. Jimmy would do it. Robert will not.

:hysterical: Here we go again. More reunion talk! We have beat this over and over friend. And had many an argument over this subject. Guys like me are wanting it to happen. Others want the past to stay in the past. I saw them in 77 in their prime and I would pay a good price to see them again if I could. But it does not seem possible at all. Jimmy would do it. Robert will not.

No offence but they were way past their prime in 1977 in terms of performance and we all know the reasons why and yes we would all like to see them again but that is highly unlikely.

Exactly what will happen in the future no-one really knows and as usual it will be wait and see but I wouldn't put the farm on it.

To the OP if and I mean a very big if they were to play anywhere you would hear about it if the reaction to the O2 is any indication.

ARRRGHHH!!! More reunion rumours / gossip?! Gives me a headache to be honest! :rolleyes: But I am one of those die-hard Zep Fans in her early 20s who will even give up 5 years of her life (no I ain't kidding!) just to see Zep live! But we all know very well that the Golden God has turned into a stubborn old mule these days! Sheesh! :rolleyes:

ARRRGHHH!!! More reunion rumours / gossip?! Gives me a headache to be honest! :rolleyes: But I am one of those die-hard Zep Fans in her early 20s who will even give up 5 years of her life (no I ain't kidding!) just to see Zep live! But we all know very well that the Golden God has turned into a stubborn old mule these days! Sheesh! :rolleyes:

We can live in hope though! :D

I think it's extremely unfair to categorize Robert as a "stubborn old mule" just because he would prefer to do his own thing, rather than re-hash a band that broke up 30 years ago. Robert isn't holding up anything. Nothing is going to happen, so there's nothing for him to be stubborn over.

He would rather do the music he wants to do, with musicians he wants to work with, rather than get on stage and do the same twenty songs he's done a trillion times already, in one form or another. Who can fault him for that? I certainly can't. I'm glad he's doing the things he wants to do at this point in his life -- he's 62. He's earned it. He's certainly earned the right to have the career he chooses, regardless of what anyone else has to say about it, that much is fact. They can't all be the Rolling Stones.

Look, I might sound like a heartless, silly git to you just because I called Robert a stubborn old mule. Electro, basically, what hurts the most is the fact that JPJ and Jimmy are so keen on doing the whole reunion business once again but Robert aint! If JPJ and Jimmy weren't keen, then I'll make my peace with it.

Yes, I know Robert is 62. Yes I know that his voice isn't what it used to be. Yes I know Led Zep have gone way past their so-called peak years. Yes, I know Bonzo is dead and Robert feels that things won't be the same again! Yes, I know he is perfectly happy with the musical direction he is pursuing at the moment. OK, if they won't do the reunion gig ever again, then atleast give the fans a DVD! I know the O2 gig was filmed so can't the fans have atleast a frickin' DVD? Is that too much to ask???! :blink:

Look, I might sound like a heartless, silly git to you just because I called Robert a stubborn old mule. Electro, basically, what hurts the most is the fact that JPJ and Jimmy are so keen on doing the whole reunion business once again but Robert aint! If JPJ and Jimmy weren't keen, then I'll make my peace with it.

Yes, I know Robert is 62. Yes I know that his voice isn't what it used to be. Yes I know Led Zep have gone way past their so-called peak years. Yes, I know Bonzo is dead and Robert feels that things won't be the same again! Yes, I know he is perfectly happy with the musical direction he is pursuing at the moment. OK, if they won't do the reunion gig ever again, then atleast give the fans a DVD! I know the O2 gig was filmed so can't the fans have atleast a frickin' DVD? Is that too much to ask???! :blink:

I think you're perfectly entitled to call Plant a stubborn old mule. And all this talk of him not wanting to re-hash the old Zep stuff would be fine if he wasn't doing precisely that with his current tour.

As for the DVD, any official release would doubtless have all the endearing blemishes air-brushed out, just like the last DVD and HTWWW. Fine artefacts, for sure, but I prefer to have my live Zep 'warts and all'. Have you grabbed any of the boot DVDs of the O2 show? They're not so bad.

I just wonder how many more great albums and songs would have been done if Bonzo had lived ? And after its been so long I dont think that isi the lone reason Plant wont give in and do it. No way. I wish he would give in and do it. It would be a smash. They could make a new record. It could all work. But Plant is not going to budge. Its a damn shame. I feel bad for Jimmy,. I wonder how many riffs he has put together we dont even know about. And may never hear because Robert wont join the band that made him famous. It sucks.

Whole lotta spoiled people around here. It's really sad. Robert Plant can't have the career he wants apparently, because it doesn't involve Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones.

Whatever. I'm grateful that Robert is still out there making music he loves, with people he enjoys working with. Sure beats the alternative.

Whole lotta spoiled people around here. It's really sad. Robert Plant can't have the career he wants apparently, because it doesn't involve Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones.

Whatever. I'm grateful that Robert is still out there making music he loves, with people he enjoys working with. Sure beats the alternative.

Is the alternative a LZ reunion? I hope that is not what you mean?

And your sarcasm as usual, takes this whole discussion to a new dimension, I assume? :rolleyes:

I think you're perfectly entitled to call Plant a stubborn old mule. And all this talk of him not wanting to re-hash the old Zep stuff would be fine if he wasn't doing precisely that with his current tour.

So, just because Plant doesn't want to take part in a full on Led Zeppelin reunion, he shouldn't include their songs in his setlists? Not to mention, the tour is in support of his new Band of Joy album. Yeah, he will be doing some Zeppelin tunes but the entire tour isn't based upon that (nor was the last tour or any solo tour he's ever embarked on).

Archived