What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

September 19, 1970 Madison Square Garden...both afternoon and evening shows. The 45th Anniversary of the end of the 1970 Summer U.S. Tour and Led Zeppelin brings the tour to a rousing finish at their first appearance at NYC's Madison Square Garden with two of the best concerts of their early period. A Desert Island Top 10 show, for sure. Even though Led Zeppelin III hasn't even been released yet, you can hear how confident and pleased the band are with the new songs and how eager they are to share them with the audience.

The afternoon show, as good as it is, is mere appetizer for the Electric Extravaganza that is the evening concert...a balls-out blazer from beginning to end, with encores to die for.

Yes, it is better than Bath...it is better than Montreux...it is better than RAH...it is even better than the "Blueberry Hill" Forum gig. The evening gig of 9.19.70 is the best Zeppelin show of 1970. The one you play to friends who say Plant could never hit the high notes in concert or that Jimmy was always sloppy.

Edited by Strider

September 19, 1970 Madison Square Garden...both afternoon and evening shows. The 45th Anniversary of the end of the 1970 Summer U.S. Tour and Led Zeppelin brings the tour to a rousing finish at their first appearance at NYC's Madison Square Garden with two of the best concerts of their early period. A Desert Island Top 10 show, for sure. Even though Led Zeppelin III hasn't even been released yet, you can hear how confident and pleased the band are with the new songs and how eager they are to share them with the audience.

The afternoon show, as good as it is, is mere appetizer for the Electric Extravaganza that is the evening concert...a balls-out blazer from beginning to end, with encores to die for.

Yes, it is better than Bath...it is better than Montreux...it is better than RAH...it is even better than the "Blueberry Hill" Forum gig. The evening gig of 9.19.70 is the best Zeppelin show of 1970. The one you play to friends who say Plant could never hit the high notes in concert or that Jimmy was always sloppy.

:bowdown

Hear-hear!!! 

September 19, 1970 Madison Square Garden...both afternoon and evening shows. The afternoon show, as good as it is, is mere appetizer for the Electric Extravaganza that is the evening concert...a balls-out blazer from beginning to end, with encores to die for.

10 bucks says the next bootleg of these shows is gonna be titled "Electric Extravaganza". :lol:

Hard to top? I challenge anyone to present better! Just ridiculous how on and in sync they all are.

It's the main reason why their live shows were so legendary. It scared even themselves sometimes just how in sync they were.

Edited by Stairway is NOT stolen

If that HMMT isn't the version with the complete intro, with each members introduction, there is one out there. That sounds 95% as good as the official release's sound quality. It was release on a compilation boot by itself, mixed in with other live & studio outtake stuff. Kinda like how the ~3 tracks, the raw untouched multi-tracks of WIAWSNB Dancing Days, and Moby Dick, from 6.27.72 were release. In a similar fashion. If you can't find it just ask, I'll see what I can do. :D

edit: thats the video, the cut happened right at :35 seconds in that video. cut for obvious reasons, its not very focused playing, and Jones is introduced as "on bass and Hammond Organ" which would confuse almost anybody watching/listening to the DVD version. Just pointing it out because this was one circulating item that I missed for a long time, only found it recently.

If that HMMT isn't the version with the complete intro, with each members introduction, there is one out there. That sounds 95% as good as the official release's sound quality. It was release on a compilation boot by itself, mixed in with other live & studio outtake stuff. Kinda like how the ~3 tracks, the raw untouched multi-tracks of WIAWSNB Dancing Days, and Moby Dick, from 6.27.72 were release. In a similar fashion. If you can't find it just ask, I'll see what I can do. :D

I actually already have a full copy of the HMMT with the full intro :) Same with the performance on BBC Sessions, which also had the intro cut off during HMMT as the intro was also cut off on Paris 10/10/1969 on the debut companion disc! I always thought the intro was pretty cool, but it's obvious that someone doesn't lol. However I would be interested in hearing Dancing Days and WIAWSNB from Long Beach 1972!!

Definitely would have confused many with Plant saying "John Paul Jones on bass guitar and hammond organ" lol I never thought about that before. Now I'm wondering more about Organ Solo > Thank You & Since I've Been Loving You not being included on the DVD... I find it hard to believe that both songs didn't get filmed or something like that! I've also thought that perhaps they didn't reach Jimmy's RIDICULOUS standards, as being only the 2nd performance of both songs EVER... But now I'm thinking that both songs do exist somewhere, but perhaps a little issue with the two songs.. Perhaps Jonsey's organ didn't get multi tracked along with the rest of the show!!

9/29/71!!!!

No introduction necessary to this whopper of a gig...September 29, 1971 at Osaka, Japan. "You Were There In Spirits".

One of the Desert Island Dozen...a show that should be in every Led Zeppelin fan's collection. If you are new to Zeppelin, this should be high on your list of shows to get. If have been a fan for years and still don't have 9/29/71 in your collection, WHAT are you waiting for?