What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

Vienna Austria ~ March 16, 1973.

It has been a long time since I have listened to one of these March Euro '73 shows. Finished the Rain Song now so about half way through and it's definitely a great show so far as every show was during this time! I've never listened to any song from this show before so it's all new to me so can't wait for Dazed And Confused as that one was very amazing during these shows!

As far as Dazed And Confused goes.. Truly one of the greats. I really like the sound quality of this song compared to the rest of the show so far, the drums sound great.

Edited by nick2632

Vienna Austria ~ March 16, 1973.

It has been a long time since I have listened to one of these March Euro '73 shows. Finished the Rain Song now so about half way through and it's definitely a great show so far as every show was during this time! I've never listened to any song from this show before so it's all new to me so can't wait for Dazed And Confused as that one was very amazing during these shows!

As far as Dazed And Confused goes.. Truly one of the greats. I really like the sound quality of this song compared to the rest of the show so far, the drums sound great.

How about Stairway to Heaven?  The interplay between Page and Bonham during the solo is breathtaking. 

December 22, 1972 Alexandra Palace, London, England. Wendy "Riot House" version.

20151222_204826.thumb.jpg.9bcb87db2e235b20151222_205028.thumb.jpg.e8ccc8b430342f

It's been a long time since I've cranked a Led Zeppelin concert but man cannot live on Christmas music alone. Since today is December 22 it is only fitting I pulled out this December 22 Alexandra Palace show from 1972. For some reason, this is never a show I readily put on but when I do, I am always surprised by its quality.

I have just listened to the first disc and this show immediately announces itself as one of the finer entries of the 1972/1973 Winter Tour. Unlike some shows on this tour that take a while for Plant to find his voice and the band to sizzle, this opening night at the chilly Alexandra finds the band firing on all cylinders from the get-go.

"Rock and Roll", "OTHAFA", "Black Dog" are seismic...this is one of my favourite early pre-release OTHAFAs. "SIBLY" is stunning and the audience tape captures the sexy tone of Jimmy's Les Paul in all its eargasmic glory. The only glitch so far is Jimmy and Bonzo getting a bit lost in "Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp". "TSRTS" and "Rain Song" finish Disc 1 in a magickal spectrum of sound.

Now on to Disc 2 and "Dazed and Confused"...

Edited by Strider

How about Stairway to Heaven?  The interplay between Page and Bonham during the solo is breathtaking. 

Definitely awesome and one of my favorite Stairway To Heaven's pre-1975, but I personally prefer the performances of STH during March of the '75 tour (Vancouver 3/20/75 being the best) more than any other year or tour as the entire band was perfect and it definitely helps that every recording from that time was superb whether soundboard or audience! I think STH often sounded flat and one dimensional on many recordings, but the sound really sounds alive during the March '75 soundboard recordings to my ears.

On the other hand, Heartbreaker is certainly going to be a track that I come back to. Possibly even more than any other song from the show, which Heartbreaker is one song that I rarely like the performance. I usually find the solo to get painfully boring for some reason, but this one held my attention and the drums sound so awesome!

This night was an absolute scorcher, with Plant in possibly his best voice of the entire European 1973 tour.  The Song Remains the Same is my favorite performance of the song ever.  Where is that rumoured FM recording!?

any idea why Jonesy is sitting down?

Does that vision and sound exist in Jimmy's vault somewhere in proper high quality glory???? They were certainly tight and 'on'! Worthy of a release if originals existed in decent quality. I am guessing it was video'd for audience on big screens, but I wonder if originals are with JP....

Does that vision and sound exist in Jimmy's vault somewhere in proper high quality glory???? They were certainly tight and 'on'! Worthy of a release if originals existed in decent quality. I am guessing it was video'd for audience on big screens, but I wonder if originals are with JP....

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/18612-seattle-wa-kingdome-july-17-1977/&page=1