Prince William and Kate Middleton To Marry

kenog

• 1 month later...

The prince and princess are in Canada today showing off their fancy new clothes...

and there is much rejoicing.

:slapface:

If you don't like it ignore it. Let people be happy, it isn't a crime.

While they are indeed a prince and a princess, they are addressed by their higher rank, that of Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Also, the dress that Catherine is wearing (at least the one she had on during the citizenship ceremony at Rideau Hall) is not new. She's a big proponent of recycling clothes, and has done it numerous times already. The white Reiss dress she had on, was the same dress she wore in her engagement photographs last year.

Hello:

William and Kate are in Canada now...they are in P.E.I. before going west..then to L.A.

This am I heard that someone in the U.S. is willing to pay $80,000 to play polo with Williaim when he gets to California...

Steven:

I thought it might it be you...I suppose you have a gold plated polo stick?

Brad:

I don't think Disneyland is on the agenda..but I could be wrong....

Hey:

Kate and Will are in the far north today..Yellowknife....

I wonder if someone will give Kate a lovely parting gift before leaving this counrty..may I suggest Justin Beiber perfume...

Juliet :lol:

William and Kate stopped at Slave Lake Alberta..a town that was almost completely burned to the ground by wild fires....they leave for California now..Adieu..merci....Goodbye...thank-you

Juliet :wave:

The good citizens of Slave Lake were quite moved by their visit.

HI:

I meant to add that Will and Kate are taking part in the parade opening the Calgary Stampede..I thought that was yesterday but it is today....look at the CBC and/or CTV websites for details...

Ally: I agree...the residents of Slave Lake were very moved by the Royals visit....

I wish they had time to visit more of Ontario...maybe next time....hopefully some of the empty factories will be back in operation by then....

Juliet

Wait....is all this Yank interest in our national freakshow genuine, or are you all taking the piss? (No need for you to answer that, Brad. Your withering scorn shines through :thumbsup: .)

I mean, you kicked our asses 235 years ago, and now you're falling over yourselves to eulogise them? WTF???

To be fair, Wills seems fairly well grounded...I just hope his dad foregoes the throne when Lizzy finally pops her clogs. No way do we want that weirdo as our monarch. Man, he's away with the fairies - I'm sure someone musta spiked him when he was at Uni.

Anyway, you guys bought London Bridge (albeit the wrong one), so why don't you buy the Royal Family too? C'mon, make me an offer...

Many of us are very happy for Charles to be taking the throne next. He's a great guy, loved by all who have met him. I think it is really funny that he's been ridiculed through the years for his interest in nature and the preservation of quality architecture, in Great Britain in particular, and yet people are starting to realise that he's been right all along. Good for him.

I like William and Kate, though I wish Kate would lay off the botox and eat a couple more bags of chips :)

Many of us are very happy for Charles to be taking the throne next. He's a great guy, loved by all who have met him. I think it is really funny that he's been ridiculed through the years for his interest in nature and the preservation of quality architecture, in Great Britain in particular, and yet people are starting to realise that he's been right all along. Good for him.

I like William and Kate, though I wish Kate would lay off the botox and eat a couple more bags of chips :)

I've met him, and I don't love him.

What do you mean about Kate? Why do you want to fatten her up? She looks just about right to me. But she has one of those figures where she'll have to be careful....and your suggestion of more chips could prove disastrous for her in later life. But I doubt she reads this forum.

However, you do hint at an interesting point. Lots of women who decide they need botox are painfully thin, so they need to use botox to compensate for the facial fat they've lost. Wouldn't it be so much easier for them if they just ate properly?

We bought the wrong bridge? Sorry got no money, California is broke. But I hear Texas is doing good, maybe they have the money? The Royals could even move in with the Bush's, they have plenty of room out on the ranch, and Laura can sew the costumes. It will be splendid.:D

Sounds good. Let's get some Texan on here to draft the contract.

But they'll need to be careful with their spelling. If they mis-spell Royal, they could end up with a bunch of desperately unfunny Mancunians:

I've met him, and I don't love him.

I'd suggest you are in the minority.

What do you mean about Kate? Why do you want to fatten her up? She looks just about right to me. But she has one of those figures where she'll have to be careful....and your suggestion of more chips could prove disastrous for her in later life. But I doubt she reads this forum.

She's lost a lot of weight in the last couple of years and it must take a lot of discipline. I personally think she is starting to look too thin, but I clearly made that MY view and I'm not expecting everyone else to agree with it - we all know that these things are very subjective. Eating a couple of bags of chips would have NO consequence for her in later life whatsoever. If she ate a couple a day, that's another matter.

However, you do hint at an interesting point. Lots of women who decide they need botox are painfully thin, so they need to use botox to compensate for the facial fat they've lost. Wouldn't it be so much easier for them if they just ate properly?

I would agree with that whole-heartedly. Case in point the pics today of Nicole Kidman at the gala in LA last night to meet the Royal couple. Painful.

I personally think she is starting to look too thin, but I clearly made that MY view and I'm not expecting everyone else to agree with it - we all know that these things are very subjective.

Well I can't say I've studied her - certainly not in the way I've studied other ladies - but I've never thought she was too thin. At the margin, I always prefer ladies who are slightly overweight than noticeably thin, and I would guess that most males would agree with that...? A bag of bones does absolutely nothing for me. It just looks unhealthy. Why do they do it?

Case in point the pics today of Nicole Kidman at the gala in LA last night to meet the Royal couple. Painful.

I'm not even going to be tempted to check those out. I generally find her painful to look at, especially in her Rebecca Brooks-lookalike days. Although she was phenomenally hot in To Die For. Oh yes.

The Duchess has used Botox? That's news to me. I doubt The Firm would let her get away with that.

Her forehead has no movement in it at all - clear give-away - and the Royal Family couldn't stop her if she wanted to do it. I sometimes wonder if Diana would have succumbed to the horrors of botox in the way that Fergie has - revolting as it is.

Their main job is to promote British interests around the world, while also raising money for charities that they either have started or are the patrons/patronesses of. The Duke of Cambridge is the President of BAFTA, so it would make sense that he should represent them around the world, and that includes the United States. Earlier in the day, there was a charity polo match to raise funds for William and Harry's (and now also Catherine's) charity.

I suppose you'd have to want to take an interest in the royals to really know what it is they do, aside from sit in a palace and order tea, but they do a surprising amount of work compared to say......Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian. If you have no interest in royals, even the BRF, then yeah....it might seem a bit "So what?", but I'd rather read about what they're doing, than Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber or whatever musical/entertainment fluff is in the news right now.

Okay, so it's at this point that I have to wonder what these people do? What purpose do they serve other than to support the rag-news industry or provide tea time topics for discussion on botox and other Marie Antoinette type interests ?

Apart from the fact, as pointed out by Mr Lydon, that tourists are money, they serve no purpose whatsoever. With one or two exceptions, they are a bunch of fucking freeloaders with their snouts in the trough. That's all you need to know.

Hey now - Lady Gaga works hard for gay rights, worldwide, and has also been involved in many fundraising charitable efforts including recently raising millions of dollars for Japan.

She doesn't suck off her nation's public dole, but adds to it by employing hundreds of people. I know all that is a far cry from going to some polo match to raise money for your own charity! :rolleyes:

Archived