THANK YOU ENGLAND, FOR

redrum

Hello:

I wasn't awake @ 4 am to see the service at St. Paul's Cathedral...I started watching it @ 6 a.m across the pond here in Ontario Canada.. I saw the procession to Buckingham Place...very sad that Prince Philip cannot be there..

I saw most the the Flotilla on Sunday...magnificent...

Tonight the DIAMOND JUBILEE concert will be rebroadcast on the CBC network @ 7 pm http://www.cbc.ca/jubilee

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

Juliet xo

PS GET WELL SOON, PRINCE PHILIP..

• 1 month later...

The London Underground, the oldest underground railway in the world.

Its going to be well tested over the next month with the thousands if not millions going to the Olympics. Thanks England for giving us the best rock bands in the world.

If you were planning a trip to London.....DON'T, you will be ripped off for every single thing that you buy. If you have an American accent be prepared to be robbed blind.

That should help increase tourism.

If you were planning a trip to London.....DON'T, you will be ripped off for every single thing that you buy. If you have an American accent be prepared to be robbed blind.

Yeah, Maybe from Spanish and Eastern European pickpockets that apparently (according recent news reports) have invaded the Capital for the duration of the Olympics. Oh and the odd Black Cab (Taxi) driver or two that will take you for a ride but I would think that could be said of Taxi drivers in any City throughout the World. But public transport does not differenciate between nationalities, One journey one fare. The popular eating places, McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Fish and Chip shops etc all have one price for all. Just avoid mobile food and drink vendors that don't display prices and you should be Ok. So Joe I thnk you are trying to give London a bad press which it does not deserve

Yeah, Maybe from Spanish and Eastern European pickpockets that apparently (according recent news reports) have invaded the Capital for the duration of the Olympics. Oh and the odd Black Cab (Taxi) driver or two that will take you for a ride but I would think that could be said of Taxi drivers in any City throughout the World. But public transport does not differenciate between nationalities, One journey one fare. The popular eating places, McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Fish and Chip shops etc all have one price for all. Just avoid mobile food and drink vendors that don't display prices and you should be Ok. So Joe I thnk you are trying to give London a bad press which it does not deserve

Thanks, JohnThomasMoby. I was planning on eating myself silly on fish and chips anyway :D . So what part of the city would you recommend? I don't really care much for the royalty stuff..I'd really like to visit a great library...hear live music..don't want to do too much shopping, because I really don't like to shop to begin with! I would like to hang out really and just soak it in.

Off Topic:

Quick question: If you were going to plan a trip to London, which part of the city would you stay in?

I would stay any part, its all full of history in nearly every street, well almost.

Thanks, JohnThomasMoby. I was planning on eating myself silly on fish and chips anyway :D . So what part of the city would you recommend? I don't really care much for the royalty stuff..I'd really like to visit a great library...hear live music..don't want to do too much shopping, because I really don't like to shop to begin with! I would like to hang out really and just soak it in.

Do all the major museums and art gallerys they are fantastic, Check out the what's on guides you should be able to pick up quite easily. I have only visited London a half dozen times mostly for gigs and only twice for weekend breaks so i'm not an expert but I've never had a bad experience there. I'm from the North West of England my nearest City is Liverpool. I live in what Joe(Liverpool) might call the posh part of The Wirral. Anyway most of all have a good time and enjoy your stay.

I've already thanked England for really, really good beer. Now I thank her for really, really handsome brewmasters:

It seems Logan Plant has ventured into the restaurant business. I was watching a program on the Travel Channel last night called "Food Paradise: London" and lo and behold, the first segment featured a pub called Duke's serving American-style barbecue and British ales. The two owners - one American, one handsome Brit named Logan Plant - were interviewed. Logan is in charge of the brew side of the business. He seems very engaged and humble.

[sorry if this has been previously discussed in the forums - I didn't find it in a search]

Off Topic:

Quick question: If you were going to plan a trip to London, which part of the city would you stay in?

I would say Bayswater (west) which is 15 minutes from the West End (shopping,clubbing,etc). It is not too expensive and you have Hyde Park on your doorstep (good for strolls,horse riding,& nearby museums). For live music head to Camden.

Wherever you chose make sure to bring something waterproof :D .

Got to say Bradley Wiggins, he is going to be the first Englishman to wi the "Tour De France" the whole Sky team has obliterated the opposition and Cavendish won today, he must be favorite to win the Olympics.

How about Australia?

You only sent us here, but you can't take credit for how incredibly great, fantastic and wonderful we turned out to be :D:P:lol:

Too right mate! My biggest regret in life was ever taking that plane out of Melbourne in 1992.

Archived