videos being removed

Dang!!!

How does one save videos shown on youtube and where do you save them?

If you use Firefox, download the extension Video DownloadHelper. It lets you download the videos to your hard drive in the FLV format, and you can download a free FLV player to watch them.

Fucking hate greedy record companies who don't give a shit about music.

Heres an idea. Let them keep their DVD (If it ever materializes)

I've been a fan since I COULD WALK. But I'm not permitted to catch a glimpse of a camera phone footage of the boys playing their last ever performance?

Zep could tell youtube to leave the videos alone.

Truly amazing. I've lost the spirit. Count me out.

C YA

youtube and whoever wanted the videos taken down are only enforcing the law.

if you have a gripe with the law, then get it changed! that's how things are supposed to work.

"record companies" or whoever are basically only using this power because they can. if the law said otherwise, then they'd have to comply.

I certainly don't like the laws on this either.

youtube and whoever wanted the videos taken down are only enforcing the law.

if you have a gripe with the law, then get it changed! that's how things are supposed to work.

"record companies" or whoever are basically only using this power because they can. if the law said otherwise, then they'd have to comply.

I certainly don't like the laws on this either.

Sorry but I'm going to have to call BS on that one. The only possible reason for pulling the video's would be to stave off any financial losses. If Warner Bros. feels that leaving a few low res non pro-shot camera phone clips on youtube could possibly "harm" Warner Bros. then they are far more greedy and delusional than I originaly thought. Yeah...the need for a DVD will be harmed beacause we got our "fill" with these clips? PLEASE......

It's Corporate greed/fascism pure and simple. I for one will make it a point to not purchase anything releazed by Warner Bro$. from here on out. That includes the latest 2 releases that were slated for purchase this Xmass. Like I said I'm out.

This bridge has been burnt.

Sorry but I'm going to have to call BS on that one. The only possible reason for pulling the video's would be to stave off any financial losses. If Warner Bros. feels that leaving a few low res non pro-shot camera phone clips on youtube could possibly "harm" Warner Bros. then they are far more greedy and delusional than I originaly thought. Yeah...the need for a DVD will be harmed beacause we got our "fill" with these clips? PLEASE......

It's Corporate greed/fascism pure and simple. I for one will make it a point to not purchase anything releazed by Warner Bro$. from here on out. That includes the latest 2 releases that were slated for purchase this Xmass. Like I said I'm out.

This bridge has been burnt.

If you're out then go with peace, brother, and don't post here anymore. It's pointless to repeat yourself. The site is already overloaded and it barely keeps up with the massive flood of posts.

If Warner Bros. feels that leaving a few low res non pro-shot camera phone clips on youtube could possibly "harm" Warner Bros. then they are far more greedy and delusional than I originaly thought.

Who said Warners will be releasing the O2 DVD?

Another reason these things are getting taken down could be the sheer low-quality. Zeppelin have always been zealous guardians of their music and the sound quality on almost every one of these bootlegs is horrific. What if people who didn't know them very well came across one of these videos and though 'this sounds crap, led zeppelin suck'.....

Led Zeppelin concert videos are being removed from you tube now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so download em while you can..........................

I've been posting complaints on this board since yesterday about the way we've been treated this week. This could have been a worldwide event for millions of Zep fans to enjoy. Zeppelin was always the greediest band around and they've learned nothing about the modern music buisness in their 30 years in limbo. For the most part working bands today ie: U2, The Allmans and even Cream accept the fact that they'll be broadcast and embrace the fact that people care enough to bother. The music seemed excellent last night but Robert clearly isn't up to the job. He offered little in new interpitations and reached very few high notes despite the drastic key changes. In almost every clip I've heard he makes fundemental mistakes ee. WLL extra chorus line and STH entering early in the verse before the drums start. Perhaps removing these clips is somehow tied to that. Let me be the first to say here Robert didn't put the work in. Both Pagey and Jones made adjustments for him but what I heard on WLL was pretty sad. Yes this was a great moment for what it was worth but for this band to really tour adjustments should be made. Robert Plant's abuse of his voice in his prime caused him to decline concert wise. He was a shell of himself as early as Song Remains The Same and never returned to his great early form. I saw Zep 8 times and never saw him sing really well untill his solo tours in the 80's. Too much partying. A guitarist can wake up hung over and still play great but a singer has to respect himself for the audience's sake. I saw both The Who and Zep in the same week at msg and Daltrey put Plant to shame. I still see this as a good start if they wish to tour $$$$$ but Robert and the band need to give some love back to their fans.

I still see this as a good start if they wish to tour $$$$$ but Robert and the band need to give some love back to their fans.

Do you really think that Robert Plant personally ordered YouTube to remove illegal bootlegged videos? In an attempt to scam the fans? Or maybe this has nothing to do with the band personally and is between big corporations....Google and Atlantic for example?

I've been posting complaints on this board since yesterday about the way we've been treated this week. This could have been a worldwide event for millions of Zep fans to enjoy. Zeppelin was always the greediest band around and they've learned nothing about the modern music buisness in their 30 years in limbo. For the most part working bands today ie: U2, The Allmans and even Cream accept the fact that they'll be broadcast and embrace the fact that people care enough to bother. The music seemed excellent last night but Robert clearly isn't up to the job. He offered little in new interpitations and reached very few high notes despite the drastic key changes. In almost every clip I've heard he makes fundemental mistakes ee. WLL extra chorus line and STH entering early in the verse before the drums start. Perhaps removing these clips is somehow tied to that. Let me be the first to say here Robert didn't put the work in. Both Pagey and Jones made adjustments for him but what I heard on WLL was pretty sad. Yes this was a great moment for what it was worth but for this band to really tour adjustments should be made. Robert Plant's abuse of his voice in his prime caused him to decline concert wise. He was a shell of himself as early as Song Remains The Same and never returned to his great early form. I saw Zep 8 times and never saw him sing really well untill his solo tours in the 80's. Too much partying. A guitarist can wake up hung over and still play great but a singer has to respect himself for the audience's sake. I saw both The Who and Zep in the same week at msg and Daltrey put Plant to shame. I still see this as a good start if they wish to tour $$$$$ but Robert and the band need to give some love back to their fans.

You obviously don't understand the process in its integrity. No one does in fact. But obviously it's us who are the greedy one and not them. We want everything immediately, while Jimmy's idea is to deliver everything on the highest quality level imaginable. He's a maniac from this point of view and I can agree with him to a certain extent.

As for Robert, the changes his voice suffered over the years date back to as early as 1972, when his voice first cracked. Due to careless use and abuse, his vocal chords suffered injuries that proved irremediable. By 1973 his voice would become a faint shadow of its former self. Sometime during the mid-seventies (i can't recall when) he had a surgery and his voice recovered to some extent, but he would have never again reach those high pitched notes he used to in the early days. Nevertheless, he found a new way to use his voice and I think it's pretty hot still. Even if he hadn't suffered this injury, his voice would have changed due to aging. That happens to everyone, as the muscles gradually lose their flexibility over time. So enough of this "he-can't-sing-the-way-he-used-to" rubbish, once and for all.

The fact of the matter is, he's older and you shouldn't get angry at him for not hitting the high notes. I dont know anyone who can sing as well as he did at age sixty.

Otherwise i think its ridiculous Warner is removing the videos. They dont have copyright over the cell phone and camera videos people took. However, if we get a DVD later i wont complain.

Dec 11 2007 3:45PM EST

Warner Gives "No Quarter" Over Led Zeppelin Video Clips

by Sam Gustin

source: www.portfolio.com

Mere hours after Led Zeppelin made rock and roll history with its triumphant reunion concert at London's O2 arena, the band's record label, Warner Music Group, was locked in running battle with YouTube users who are flooding the site with amateur videos of the show.

Dozens of videos of songs including Stairway to Heaven, No Quarter, Whole Lotta Love, and Good Times, Bad Times, have been uploaded to the video site, much to the apparent chagrin of Warner. (By the time you read this, these clips may have been pulled.)

As of Tuesday afternoon, many videos had been removed, "due to a copyright claim by Warner Music Group." But dozens remained, with more being uploaded by the hour.

Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, the copyright holder - in this case Warner - is required to inform YouTube of each instance of infringement. YouTube is then obliged to take down the offending video.

Given the sheer number of videos being posted, it is fair to assume that Warner's lawyers are working overtime. Unfortunately for Warner, YouTube, which is owned by Google, is only required to take down individual videos, not to remove all videos made of the show, en masse. Critics of the D.M.C.A. often seize upon this component of the law when arguing for its reform, or outright abolishment.

Given the size of O2 Arena (20,000, sold out), the historic nature of the concert, the fact that Zeppelin currently has no tour planned, and the ubiquity of cheap cellphone and video cameras, last night's show may have been one of the most video-taped rock concerts in history.

Last night's show is already being considered one of the most important rock and roll concerts of the last decade, if not in the history of pop music. Reviews have been overwhelmingly positive - gushing, even - and bands and critics alike are clamoring for Led Zeppelin to announce a world tour. The Telegraph reported that Led Zeppelin record sales skyrocketed 500 percent the day after the concert.

Warner has good reason to want to protect its intellectual property in this case, given that the company is expected to release a DVD of the concert for sale next year.

Just recently, timed to coincide with the reunion concert, Led Zeppelin agreed to put its entire, remastered catalog on iTunes. This reporter has heard the material, and can confirm that it is, in a word, awesome.

Neither YouTube, nor Warner Music Group, were immediately available for comment.

You obviously don't understand the process in its integrity. No one does in fact. But obviously it's us who are the greedy one and not them. We want everything immediately, while Jimmy's idea is to deliver everything on the highest quality level imaginable. He's a maniac from this point of view and I can agree with him to a certain extent.

As for Robert, the changes his voice suffered over the years date back to as early as 1972, when his voice first cracked. Due to careless use and abuse, his vocal chords suffered injuries that proved irremediable. By 1973 his voice would become a faint shadow of its former self. Sometime during the mid-seventies (i can't recall when) he had a surgery and his voice recovered to some extent, but he would have never again reach those high pitched notes he used to in the early days. Nevertheless, he found a new way to use his voice and I think it's pretty hot still. Even if he hadn't suffered this injury, his voice would have changed due to aging. That happens to everyone, as the muscles gradually lose their flexibility over time. So enough of this "he-can't-sing-the-way-he-used-to" rubbish, once and for all.

He missed some pretty obvious entrances as well. I think he's "pretty hot" too, I'm saying he needs to hit his Q's. The high quality we all once strove for has ended forever in this new age of digital audio. Just listen to the boxed Zepplin set compared to the Lp's! Don't kid yourself the decision to pull the videos comes from the top and even though I think it's a rotten mean thing to do it is their right to do as they wish with the music they create and still remain the kings of corporate rock . They don't need people like us to blindly defend their dinosaur mentality. "Kill Ugly Radio" Frank Zappa

Don't kid yourself the decision to pull the videos comes from the top and even though I think it's a rotten mean thing to do it is their right to do as they wish with the music they create and still remain the kings of corporate rock . They don't need people like us to blindly defend their dinosaur mentality.

If there is a conspiracy right from the top to keep the bootlegs away from the fans, why have none of the threads pointing to non-YouTube sites on this, the OFFICIAL Led Zeppelin board, been deleted? Or do you think Jimmy Page was a little busy and didn't have time to come and delete all the offending threads here, because he was up searching YouTube all night?

Archived