Dreams

betteremily

Dreams are absolutely fascinating. Like dream people for instance. People who you love, and you feel as if you've known them all your life, though they have no face and are completely unrecognizable.

Or Places, somewhere you've been consciously many times, but it resembles nothing like it. And there always seems to be a journey involved.

Sigmund Freud said dreams were an unconscious way of resolving conscious issues. Everything is symbolic and I firmly believe in order to be mentally sound, it's important to investigate the messages brought in through rdreams.

But beneath it all, dreams are still a trip! The mind is truly amazing!

Some of my dream experiences:

-I've been chased through an apartment complex, while riding a Tandem bicycle, by a Giant Octopus.

-Found myself in a Wild West Shoot out

-A friend whom I had a falling out with, and years later I kept having these dreams about her. I got the feeling I should call her, so I did and she was burst into tears. She had been dreaming about me as well

-I've had several clairvoyant dreams. (this includes the Giant Octopus episode)

-There is ALWAYS water in my dreams

-Falling from a balcony or high place, but there isn't any true gravitational falling...it's much more graceful. It feels like a bungee cord?

But just recently I had a dream which impacted me in a very profound way. The symbolism was twisted, and truly mind blowing. I haven't been able to shake it so i figure, i'll share.

It begins at a friend of mine's home (of course, dream home). For one reason or another I decide that I should leave for the market in search of milk. I walked for what felt like five steps and happened upon a shop which had no walls and appeared to be in an alley. Though I didn't see any meat, the first thing that came to my head was 'butcher shop'. I went up to the front and asked for some milk. They left and came back with a fudgsicle. I was kind of like, you know, 'what the hell is that going to do for me', and I kindly declined the fudgsicle. Just then, my best pal, who has no face and is unidentifiable, grabs me around the shoulders and we amble off across the alley to another shop, which had also had no walls. As we approached an open faced refrigerator (Like the kind where you'd find fine cheeses) I said to myself, "I've been here before". My companion finds the milk, though it doesn't look like milk at all. And suddenly after finally finding the milk, it had little importance. So we walk away from the shop and saw a couple sitting on a balcony of a building. To the right of them was a swamp, which this building was seemingly built around, and had men fighting crocodiles. Attached to this building, where the couple were perched, was a stairway leading to a doorway. My companion and I made our way up the steps. There were several scythes sitting out from of this door. My companion, picked up a scythe and swung it into the door, though without blemish or impact, the door opened. I walked in first and from where I was standing I could tell that it had great depth. The place was pitch black but in the distance I could see something red in very low lighting. The place gave me a weird vibe so i told my friend "Look, I think we should leave" So we walked back outside. As I passed through the door, I noticed there was a gold sheath with decorative holes made in it. I, without thought, grabbed a specific scythe and put it back in it's sheath. For some reason, I knew that it belonged that way.? As I made my way down the stairs, the steps begin flopping around. My faceless companion helps me to bottom. We began to walk and were going to ascend another stairway, but all of the sudden, I see the top of the head a Giant Lion. I shriveled up, closed my eyes and mentally prepared myself for death. The Lion grabs me and telepathically expresses to me that he wishes he could play the guitar. To which I replied "They make guitars for giants, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to play too?" And I once I realized there is no cause to fear the Lion, I went to open my eyes and look him in the face and I WOKE UP! :wakeup:

Please Share Your Strange Dreams!!

Dreams for me are just too weird to explain. I've had many dreams where I am in a huge old building and can't find my way out no matter where I go. This could be because I used to do a lot of interior demolition in big old buildings. I haven't done that type of work since 1995 and yet I still have dreams about being at work with my friends.

I rarely have sex dreams or dreams about having a lot of money. In the words of Napolean Dynamite: DANG IT!! :D

I had a great dream last night. When I woke up, I thought I should come and post about it before I forgot anything, but I couldn't be arsed. So here's all I can remember:

My mate called me up to say that Jimmy Page had come to his house. So of course I rushed over, went into the living room, and sure enough there was JP, slumped in an armchair watching my mate's enormous TV. He got up to greet me, and I nervously shook his hand. Then we all sat down to watch TV.

I was tongue-tied - I wanted to ask him all sorts of things, but I didn't want to distract him from the TV. So instead I said 'That TV doesn't look like it's perfectly level, what have you done to it?' JP lifted his hand, pointed at the TV, and levelled it, as if by magic.

After a while, I plucked up courage, and started to ask the obvious question: 'Uh Jimmy, do you think....', but before I'd finished the question, I could see that he was already nodding. 'Well', I said, 'I don't want you to tell me for sure, but would you say it's more than 80% likely?' JP nodded again, this time more enthusiastically.

Then I realised that in my rush to get over there, I'd forgotten to bring a camera, or anything for him to sign. So I asked my mates whether they had a camera, but no-one had. Then a friend found a weird square-shaped pen, which had a small camera inside, so I tried it out on myself, but the image came out distorted, like in a hall of funny mirrors. So I didn't bother with that.

Then I looked on the coffee table, and saw a pile of DVDs, promos of some new LZ release that JP had obviously brought over. Just as I was about to ask him to sign one for me, he said we all had to leave, because we had to go to the local mall for some launch ceremony for the new DVD. When we got there, the place was full of snotty little brats on skateboards or roller blades, all about 4 feet tall, who were also there for the ceremony. They kept swarming around and bumping into me, so I smacked one in the mouth and told them all to grow up. Then they all surrounded me, and one of them said 'Get the fuck out of here, old man - WE are the real Led Zeppelin fans'.

Then I woke up.

I had a great dream last night. When I woke up, I thought I should come and post about it before I forgot anything, but I couldn't be arsed. So here's all I can remember:

My mate called me up to say that Jimmy Page had come to his house. So of course I rushed over, went into the living room, and sure enough there was JP, slumped in an armchair watching my mate's enormous TV. He got up to greet me, and I nervously shook his hand. Then we all sat down to watch TV.

I was tongue-tied - I wanted to ask him all sorts of things, but I didn't want to distract him from the TV. So instead I said 'That TV doesn't look like it's perfectly level, what have you done to it?' JP lifted his hand, pointed at the TV, and levelled it, as if by magic.

After a while, I plucked up courage, and started to ask the obvious question: 'Uh Jimmy, do you think....', but before I'd finished the question, I could see that he was already nodding. 'Well', I said, 'I don't want you to tell me for sure, but would you say it's more than 80% likely?' JP nodded again, this time more enthusiastically.

Then I realised that in my rush to get over there, I'd forgotten to bring a camera, or anything for him to sign. So I asked my mates whether they had a camera, but no-one had. Then a friend found a weird square-shaped pen, which had a small camera inside, so I tried it out on myself, but the image came out distorted, like in a hall of funny mirrors. So I didn't bother with that.

Then I looked on the coffee table, and saw a pile of DVDs, promos of some new LZ release that JP had obviously brought over. Just as I was about to ask him to sign one for me, he said we all had to leave, because we had to go to the local mall for some launch ceremony for the new DVD. When we got there, the place was full of snotty little brats on skateboards or roller blades, all about 4 feet tall, who were also there for the ceremony. They kept swarming around and bumping into me, so I smacked one in the mouth and told them all to grow up. Then they all surrounded me, and one of them said 'Get the fuck out of here, old man - WE are the real Led Zeppelin fans'.

Then I woke up.

I had a dream last night that i was a 4ft tall snotty little brat on a skateboard and i went to some sort of launch ceremony, then some big fcuker smacked me in the mouth, then i woke up crying. :boohoo:

I also had another dream that i was eating a giant marshmallow, i awoke to find my pillow had disapeared. :o

I have the usual dreams of being chased but not being able to run so i wake up sweating.

No matter how hard i try i have NEVER had sex whilst in a dream, those women are far to fast and they all fly. :lol:

When i used to do a lot of competative martial arts and fighting i found that in my many dreams i could never win no matter how many times i hit my opponent he never went down but then again i never got hurt either. :thumbsup:

Nice topic Bouillon, Danny

I had a dream last night that i was a 4ft tall snotty little brat on a skateboard and i went to some sort of launch ceremony, then some big fcuker smacked me in the mouth, then i woke up crying. :boohoo:

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I've been thinking about this since I woke up.

I think I've figured out who the snottly little brats represent - that's fairly obvious really - but I'm still perplexed by the square-shaped camera pen, and would welcome any input from seasoned dream analysts.

I think I've figured out who the snottly little brats represent that's fairly obvious really - but I'm still perplexed by the square-shaped camera pen, and would welcome any input from seasoned dream analysts.

Hi Bouillon,

WHO is that then? would think some people on here fall in to that catagary. :o:lol:

Kind Regards, Danny

:lol: Awesome.

The quote above reminds me of an old Twilight Zone episode. Ever seen it? ^_^

I think I've figured out who the snottly little brats represent - that's fairly obvious really - but I'm still perplexed by the square-shaped camera pen, and would welcome any input from seasoned dream analysts.

I'll give it a go :D

Well, from what I gather, you seemed to have one motive at that point, which was physical evidence of your meeting Jimmy Page. You didn't have a camera nor did you have anything for him to "sign"...the camera-pen seems to be the absolute solution to your problem. I'm assuming the camera was like a Polaroid because you own saw your distorted image. (I don't know about you, but Instant Gratification like this happens all the time in my dreams) So he could have easily signed the photo that never came to be?

As far as the distortion goes, I think only you would know that answer. But if it were my dream, I'd say that the photograph was trying to tell me something about myself..

:lol: Awesome.

The quote above reminds me of an old Twilight Zone episode. Ever seen it? ^_^

No, I don't believe I have. But it often seems to me that my life is one long Twilight Zone episode :blink:

Thank you too for your analysis of the camera-pen. I wouldn't say that it was the absolute solution to my problem - remember, at that point, I still didn't have anything for him to sign. That came later, in the form of the DVDs - which, incidentally, were exquisitely packaged. And I'm sure we'd have managed to find a standard pen in my mate's house, although dream-law says we probably wouldn't. Anyway, Jimmy's indecent haste to get to the meet & greet rendered all of that irrelevant.

But I was more perplexed by the shape of the pen. When I say square, I don't mean a flat square, but a tube with a square cross-section, like a thicker and elongated french fry. I've never seen a square pen, but I imagine it would be very uncomfortable to write with...?

I am somewhat sceptical of Freud's dream theory. I believe there is something to it for sure. The mind is working while we sleep. But I dont know if I would have been so certain as he were in his conclusions. Some or should I say many dreams are so abstract and senseless. I have trouble remembering mine these days. Probably due to meds? Ha.

Great topic. glad you asked...

I've had some interesting Zep dreams through the years -- some so realistic I really wasn't sure where the hell I was upon awakening. Like it took a while to get back inside my body...I was traveling for sure.

Had a dream some 20-plus years ago that is strangely similar to bouillon's dream. My next door neighbors came banging down my door in the dream, so excited to tell me that "Jimmy Page is in our living room right now!! You've just got to come over and meet him!"

(Funny, I had already met Jimmy in person prior to having this dream, so I don't know why it was necessary for my psyche to "meet him" again. That still mystifies me to this day.)

Sure enough, I walked next door and there he was, chilled out watching TV in bed. He said that he was looking for an "off the beaten path" place to stay, was tired of hotels, and had offered my neighbors cash to rent out their house for a few days! LMAO!! Nutty, eh?

knebworthlogo71207_W.jpg

YES I WAS!

(WELL, IN SPIRIT, ANYWAY...)

Probably the most amazing Zep dream I ever had was of Knebworth `79. At the time I had the dream, I was a bit of a Zeppelin newbie and had never seen any footage or photographs of the concert. Never even heard bootleg audio. (This was long before the age of YouTube and boots were quite costly and difficult to find.)

Some time later, I told a friend of mine who was a major LZ fan about the dream. He showed me a video of Knebworth and I was stunned to discover that every detail of my dream was 100% correct, right down to the exact order of songs played and the color of Jimmy's shirt. How is that even possible? Who knows, but it sure was cool!B)

Mind you, this was not a premonition because the dream came to me 7 years after Knebworth. More like watching a movie of it in my mind, or a psychic snapshot; a memory, if you will. What I will never quite understand is WHOSE memory I was experiencing, because it was not my own. I did not attend the Knebworth concert, hardly knew anything of it at all, really. But I DID attend it in my dream. There can be no doubt. I was somehow psychically projected to that particular moment in history and experienced it fully.

Here's the punchline: when I woke up rather "shaken and stirred" from this dream, I noticed the date on my calendar -- it just so happened this dream came to me on Jan. 9, 1987 -- Jimmy Page's birthday. Kid you not!

• 1 month later...

Does anybody else here have repetitive dreams that annoy the bejinkers out of them? This morning I awoke from yet another dream spent desperately searching for a home in the mountains, and although I truly love those mountains I simply can't find a place to live - and nobody seems to care or sincerely want to help in the effort, not the real estate agents, nor relatives or friends, nor the people with homes for sale, nor homebuilders, nor acquaintances, absolutely nobody. So, I just go round and round -- searching and searching and searching ... :wall:

Upon awakening there's a tremendous feeling of frustration, irritation, even exasperation. :(

In real life I live near a beach.

Does anybody else here have repetitive dreams that annoy the bejinkers out of them? This morning I awoke from yet another dream spent desperately searching for a home in the mountains, and although I truly love those mountains I simply can't find a place to live - and nobody seems to care or sincerely want to help in the effort, not the real estate agents, nor relatives or friends, nor the people with homes for sale, nor homebuilders, nor acquaintances, absolutely nobody. So, I just go round and round -- searching and searching and searching ... :wall:

Upon awakening there's a tremendous feeling of frustration, irritation, even exasperation. :(

In real life I live near a beach.

-- just wanted to add a few particular curiosties about this repetitive dream:

Camping isn't allowed on that mountain, hotel stays are limited to a few days at a time - and renting is not allowed, it is simply not permissible. Maybe that explains why those mountains have such a pristine beauty, who knows, but anyway I wouldn't even be trying to find a place to live there except for the fact that (in that dream, of course) there's no other place left for me to live, and the exasperation is turning into serious desperation! :o

Last night I dreamt I was cleaning our yellow rose plant, maybe because of this post I made yesterday on another thread:

Our yellow roses ...

in spring they were just beautiful, then the aphid attack began. A careful,once-daily picking off of the aphids corrected most of the problem and they began blooming anew abundantly, but now bazillions of rose curculio beetles (rose weevils) have invaded seemingly out-of-nowhere and although they're not this bad yet

rosecurculiodamage.jpg

the problem is increasing by-the-moment - even after checking for, squashing and blowing them off several times a day!

We've never had to deal with such attacks before, were the aphids preventing the weevil problem? If so, maybe we should have allowed a few of the aphids to hang around ... :unsure:

... and as I was cleaning off the insects the rose branches fell off one by one. After laying them aside I noticed that the base of the rose plant was teeming, absolutely rife with all sorts of bugs, worms, insects, etc. -- it was so thoroughly disgusting that I woke up abruptly and thought that the whole plant bottom should be tossed out but that maybe the branches could be saved if I could find some good dirt to place them in ...

... all the while thinking "How did that plant manage to produce any roses at all with all those awful insects - much less actually produce some beautiful roses?" B)

Last night I dreamt I was cleaning our yellow rose plant, maybe because of this post I made yesterday on another thread:

... and as I was cleaning off the insects the rose branches fell off one by one. After laying them aside I noticed that the base of the rose plant was teeming, absolutely rife with all sorts of bugs, worms, insects, etc. -- it was so thoroughly disgusting that I woke up abruptly and thought that the whole plant bottom should be tossed out but that maybe the branches could be saved if I could find some good dirt to place them in ...

... all the while thinking "How did that plant manage to produce any roses at all with all those awful insects - much less actually produce some beautiful roses?" B)

Somehow this fits here.

Parable of the Tares

"Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn"

Does anybody else notice that the last dream they have before waking is sometimes somehow connected to reality?

I wonder if that could maybe the case with this morning's last dream ... John Lennon was standing next to me at a concert somewhere (not exactly in this world, but someplace somewhat similar) and he was asking what the big attraction was with the internet here, that people talk and act as if they can't survive without it. He said it was hard for him to break through to people here - to try to communicate with them - when they're always on the computer, and he said it was a tad frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a dream about Jimmy last night. I was in some dive hotel bar( don't know why), when a suburban type limo pulls up. Out walks Jimmy. He begins walking straight up some stairs. So before I lose my chance, I run after him yelling 'Jimmy! Jimmy'! I remember thinking I wasn't going to make it in time, but he turns around, smiles and walks down the stairs toward me. He looks like he's about 10 feet tall!! I remember thinking, 'I didn't know Jimmy was that tall'. Another wierd thing is he reminded me of Al Jourgensen of Ministry (not sure what that means)....but it was Jimmy. He had the voice, the smile, and that tendency to touch his nose, etc. Anyway he was super nice and posed for photos. The dream was SO real! I couldn't wait to tell everybody that I'd met Jimmy Page. Then I woke up. :(

I had a dream about Jimmy last night. I was in some dive hotel bar( don't know why), when a suburban type limo pulls up. Out walks Jimmy. He begins walking straight up some stairs. So before I lose my chance, I run after him yelling 'Jimmy! Jimmy'! I remember thinking I wasn't going to make it in time, but he turns around, smiles and walks down the stairs toward me. He looks like he's about 10 feet tall!! I remember thinking, 'I didn't know Jimmy was that tall'. Another wierd thing is he reminded me of Al Jourgensen of Ministry (not sure what that means)....but it was Jimmy. He had the voice, the smile, and that tendency to touch his nose, etc. Anyway he was super nice and posed for photos. The dream was SO real! I couldn't wait to tell everybody that I'd met Jimmy Page. Then I woke up. :(

It's awful to wake up when you're having a good dream, isn't it? When I've had dreams of Mr. Page he usually appears with Mr. Plant behind bars in some sort of jail - and I keep hoping to find some way of getting them out of there! - but once you're as famous and popular as them it's not easy I guess.

Last night I dreamt I was in Greece at a some sort of a hotel/restaurant with some friends (in reality I've never been to Greece) and the owner - some Greek fellow in his mid-60's - was helping to prepare dinner for us and his family and the rest of the guests, but he was upset about something he didn't want to talk about and instead kept saying "Some changes need to be made". I woke up thinking "well, what exactly does he expect me to do, what can I do?" Weird!

It's awful to wake up when you're having a good dream, isn't it? When I've had dreams of Mr. Page he usually appears with Mr. Plant behind bars in some sort of jail - and I keep hoping to find some way of getting them out of there! - but once you're as famous and popular as them it's not easy I guess.

Last night I dreamt I was in Greece at a some sort of a hotel/restaurant with some friends (in reality I've never been to Greece) and the owner - some Greek fellow in his mid-60's - was helping to prepare dinner for us and his family and the rest of the guests, but he was upset about something he didn't want to talk about and instead kept saying "Some changes need to be made". I woke up thinking "well, what exactly does he expect me to do, what can I do?" Weird!

Any dream involving Robert and Jimmy, I couldn't repeat here ;) . Yeah, although I think some can go overboard analyzing dreams (like anything!), I think they can be something we learn from. I've heard this especially so with recurring dreams. I repeatedly had a dream about walking into a room filled with all types of gleaming, beautiful fruit lined up (like in the grocery store). They were beautiful to look at, and I remember being so happy. Here's were it gets wierd. IN the middle of the room, there was a bathroom stall. Of course that got my attention. Why was this ugly stall in the middle of all this beauty? I had this dream EVERY night. So I pulled out a dreams book my husband had. It said that the fruit represented abundance. The stall represented something unwanted that I had to get ridden of. I thought of the bad attitude I'd been having. I was so focused crap, I neglected the good all around me. After, reading the book, I never had the dream again.

Yeah, although I think some can go overboard analyzing dreams (like anything!), I think they can be something we learn from. I've heard this especially so with recurring dreams. ... After, reading the book, I never had the dream again.

Do you remember the name of that book? This morning I woke from yet another of those "wandering" dreams, searching for a place to stay - this time in something like Russia, not far from Siberia (just guessing from the way people around me were talking).

So ... I woke up exhausted again ! :'(

• 2 weeks later...

When I've had dreams of ... Mr. Plant (he usually appears) behind bars in some sort of jail ...

... but tonight I woke up at 3 a.m. from a dream where he was riding on a long, wide bus with a rowdy group of people and saying loudly "My favorite line from the movies is the one where that fellow asks "Why Why WHY is some crazy bast*rd always porting this world to a prison camp? Did you hear me? Why Why WHY is some crazy bast*rd always porting this world to a prison camp?""

He spoke the lines with an absolutely hilarious British accent, and I woke up laughing so hard I started crying ... B)

Archived