Spine-Tingling Musical Moments

bouillon

We all have our favourite bands, albums, songs, riffs, solos, lyrics etc...but do any of you have an all-time favourite 'moment' in a song?

I'm not talking about main riffs, whole solos or verses etc - just something really brief, maybe 5-10 seconds, that just gets you every time.

Here's mine, at 4.21-4.27:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI2uuSYHAfs&feature=fvst

If push came to shove, I'd probably choose this as my all-time fav song too, but when I first heard it about 40 years ago, this particular part sounded almost supernatural to me. The first thing I did when I got it on CD was to reverse and replay that section about 50 times.

Far out.

4:06 - 5:15

More like 69 seconds, but for me, this 69 seconds is the very essence of not just Grunge, but of pure, unadulterated, headbanging metal chunkiness.

When it breaks loose at 4:06, I never fail to get goosebumps.

Sure, there are heavier bands, but that 69 seconds is absolute perfection.

6:36 - 6:56

Tool are the masters of balance.

They move effortlessly between delicate and hammering.

Highly underrated, Rick Derringer's 1977 album Derringer Live.

Track 4, Beyond The Universe

The solo is typical 70s, very extended, but from from 5:28 - 6:03 it is absolutely spine-tingling.

And because, to the best of my knowledge, this version of this song isn't on YouTube (I've looked many times), I uploaded it just for this occasion.

>> Wow, after stating that, I did a search and someone uploaded it about 10 days ago! lulz <<

Well, I already uploaded it, so here it is.

Edited by TypeO

^ It says "Embedding disabled by request" when you click on play.

On this board you are not able to use the embedding code even if it is available. However, you can still post a YouTube video here just by cutting and pasting the URL using the "Media" button. I hope that helps explains it. I'm not sure how to make it any clearer.

On this board you are not able to use the embedding code even if it is available. However, you can still post a YouTube video here just by cutting and pasting the URL using the "Media" button. I hope that helps explains it. I'm not sure how to make it any clearer.

I know how to post a video. What you're suggesting does not work if the youtube user has disabled embedding.

http://youtu.be/AjE5DotNuw0

^It doesn't work for me anyway.

Edited by Ady

I know how to post a video. What you're suggesting does not work if the youtube user has disabled embedding.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I am trying to help you. I will try to explain again. You cannot post a video on this board by using the "embedding" feature on YouTube. You have to cut and paste the URL for the YouTube clip by using the "Media" button (just as you did below). If you were to try to post a video here by using the Embed feature it would look like this:

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8in8JeLk1I?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8in8JeLk1I?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8in8JeLk1I?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

http://youtu.be/AjE5DotNuw0

^It doesn't work for me anyway.

Apparently, it does.

Apparently, it does.

No it doesn't.

When I click play it says "Embedding disabled by request, watch on youtube".

Maybe it works for you because you're in the States? I don't know.

Thanks anyway.

No it doesn't.

Maybe it works for you because you're in the States? I don't know.

Thanks anyway.

Your video posted using the Media feature does indeed appear in your previous post and is playable here. What I was referring to in my first reply to your original post is the "Embed" feature on YouTube. Using that will not work here but posting just the URL of the clip in conjunction with the Media button does work when posting videos from YouTube on this board.

No it doesn't.

Right. So then you click 'Watch On Youtube', and Youtube opens up & plays it. So you might as well just post the link, like you did.

I had no problem with your post. Argument over.

I had no problem with your post. Argument over.

I also don't have a "problem" with Ady's post, nor was I arguing. I thought Ady was trying to use the "Embed" feature (see screenshot below) to post the clip here and I was attempting to explain that you can't use that feature of YouTube on this board, the only way to post videos here is by cutting and pasting the URL and then using the "Media" code to actually post it. In my experience, when you get the "Embedding Is Disabled By Request" error message on YouTube there is no Embed option at all.

youtube_screenshot_embed.jpg

Never been a huge Stones fan, but this is a great one.

At 0:41 when the drums kick in full, and again at 2:19 when the drums lead in to the guitar solo.

Also, the female backup vocals have a haunting quality I've always loved.

Just don't tell Gospel Zone I complimented the Stones.

I'd never hear the end of it.

lulz.

Never been a huge Stones fan, but this is a great one.

At 0:41 when the drums kick in full, and again at 2:19 when the drums lead in to the guitar solo.

Also, the female backup vocals have a haunting quality I've always loved.

Just don't tell Gospel Zone I complimented the Stones.

I'd never hear the end of it.

lulz.

That's the great Merry Clayton haunting you, TypeO...they mis-spelled her name on the original "Let It Bleed" album release. An absolutely crackin' tune..."Gimmie Shelter" is easily in my Top 5 Stones songs of all time.

Oh, and I don't think you have to worry about GZ. I haven't seen her around since her boyfriend spidersandsnakes got the boot.

That's the great Merry Clayton haunting you, TypeO...they mis-spelled her name on the original "Let It Bleed" album release.

I never learned this until recently but Merry is the sister of Sam Clayton, drummer/percussionist for Little Feat (and Jimmy Buffett, among others).