Rumer wants Jimmy Page collaboration

Black-Dog

Rumer wants to collaborate with Jimmy Page.

The 'Slow' hitmaker - who has worked with John Berry and Burt F. Bacharach after he invited her to his Californian home to hear her sing - is eager to work with the Led Zeppelin musician because he's "such a great guitarist".

She told BANG Showbiz: "I'd love to collaborate with Jimmy Page, he's such a great guitarist."

The singer-songwriter also revealed she is keen to do some more work with American solo artist John Grant because she regards him as a "phenomenal musician", as well as English pop singer Sandie Shaw.

Speaking at the Glenfiddich MOJO Honours List 2011 ceremony in London on Thursday (21.07.11), the 32-year-old star added: "I'd love to do more work with John - he's my pal and a phenomenal musician.

"He's actually singing on my next record. He's doing backing vocals on two of the songs on my next record. It should hopefully be out in November, it depends how it goes though.

"I would love to do something with Sandie. We should definitely do something together, she's wonderful. She presented me with my award and texted me before to make sure we weren't wearing the same colour tonight."

But Rumer - real name is Sarah Joyce - is not keen on writing songs with other musicians.

She said: "I don't really writing music with other people so much. If anyone ask me to write some songs for them I'd have a go, but that would be up to them I suppose.

http://www.gear4music.com/news/article/ ... 2011-07-25

Damn, it wasn't until the end of the article that the writer finally divulged the information that should've been revealed within the first two paragraphs: that it isn't Bruce Willis and Demi Moore's daughter Rumer.

That's the only Rumer I know...and I bet most Americans would have the same reaction I did upon seeing the Thread Title: Rumer Willis is a singer?!?

Glad to clear that misconception up.

Was just checking out her music...she's also on Atlantic Records.

This girl probably isn't the right collaborator for Page, but Holy Crap, she writes amazing songs and sings her ass off!! Wow!!

It would be nice to see him do something like this, out of the mold for him. I doubt he would, but it would be nice.

Was just checking out her music...she's also on Atlantic Records.

This girl probably isn't the right collaborator for Page, but Holy Crap, she writes amazing songs and sings her ass off!! Wow!!

That's a nice song and she's got a nice voice. I don't really see the match she could make with JP although I'm sure she could rise to any rocking level JP cranks it up to...

Damn, it wasn't until the end of the article that the writer finally divulged the information that should've been revealed within the first two paragraphs: that it isn't Bruce Willis and Demi Moore's daughter Rumer.

That's the only Rumer I know...and I bet most Americans would have the same reaction I did upon seeing the Thread Title: Rumer Willis is a singer?!?

That is funny because I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the title. I was thinking that Rumer Willis is barely an actress, let alone a singer with aspirations to collaborate with Jimmy Page.

I would like to think that her father Bruce is a big Led Zeppelin fan just like the rest of us.

Seems that's the only Rumer Google Images knows too. Man, did I get a shock when I Googled my darling, and only found tons of scary pics of Ms Willis :blink:

Something like this could be a great creative move. No more collaborations with middle of the road rock guys. This would be different, and Page could show us another facet of his playing, not just crunch rock tone. He used to be all over the place with his musical styles and sounds, before the end of Zeppelin.

Zzzzzz. She's no Karen Carpenter, IMO, no Dusty Springfield, not even Cilla Black. Cheers to our Forum friends who enjoy her music tho, no offense intended.

I'm so tired of female lounge singers/torch singers. Where the [bleep] is a Suzi Quatro or Chrissie Hynde when one needs them?

Zzzzzz. She's no Karen Carpenter, IMO, no Dusty Springfield, not even Cilla Black. Cheers to our Forum friends who enjoy her music tho, no offense intended.

I'm so tired of female lounge singers/torch singers. Where the [bleep] is a Suzi Quatro or Chrissie Hynde when one needs them?

There IS a female singer that would pair well with Jimmy - Johnette Napalitano formerly of Concrete Blonde and now solo.

If there was ever a female voice who can rock the crap out of any song or can sing so soft and bluesy - it's Johnette.

Her and Jimmy would be amazing together! And I think Jimmy and Robert may know her personally already.

If anyone has heard her then you know what I'm saying.

I really enjoyed Jimmy's collaboration w/ Leona Lewis, as mismatched as it seemed, it worked. Or maybe "Whole Lotta Love" is such an inherently awesome song, that anyone can cover it and it rocks. :)

I'd love to hear Pagey collaborate with the Flaming Lips, I think they'd get on musically like petroleum and flame.

I'd love to hear Pagey collaborate with the Flaming Lips, I think they'd get on musically like petroleum and flame.

Your words to god's(or Jimmy's) ear, FireOpal...and if I remember, there was a thread earlier here that talked about how Wayne from the Flaming Lips has put the word out that the Flaming Lips would love to work with Jimmy.

Do it Jimmy. It's time to leave the classic rock dinosaurs behind.

Your words to god's(or Jimmy's) ear, FireOpal...and if I remember, there was a thread earlier here that talked about how Wayne from the Flaming Lips has put the word out that the Flaming Lips would love to work with Jimmy.

Do it Jimmy. It's time to leave the classic rock dinosaurs behind.

Yes! Agreed! I have little interest in Page the rock divo. I had to look that up, I knew diva was for women.

He needs to get back in the creative trenches. I think a new approach is needed there.

Archived