Man Changes name to Led Zeppelin II

Dance the Crunge

http://rocknewsdesk.com/world-news/call-me-led-zeppelin-ii/3534/

September 19, 2011

Call me Led Zeppelin II

64-year-old cheers himself up during trip to deal with divorce papers by filing official name-change documents at the same time

What's in a name: Led Zep

A 64-year-old rock fan officially changed his name to “Led Zeppelin II” during a trip to file divorce papers.

And the former George F Blackburn of Bethalto, Missouri, says the move has improved his quality of life, with fellow Zep fans buying him drinks when they find out his legal title.

Zeppelin was in a courthouse dealing with the paperwork surrounding the split from his third wife when he decided to fill in one more form.

He tells STL Today: “They changed my life forever, and that’s my whole reason for doing this.”

Now even his ex-wife calls him “LZ” and friends refer to him as “Zep”.

He says: “I don’t want to appear to be some off-the-wall drug addict idiot. I just changed my name from the standpoint that I can be a better person than I used to be.”

Some people still call him George – and that’s okay too: “I want them to be comfortable. I reinvented myself. Since I became Led Zeppelin, my life has improved a thousandfold.”

In most parts of the US a name change can take place more or less instantly once applicants complete the paperwork, pay around $200 and have an announcement placed in a local newspaper.

Some people still call him George – and that’s okay too: “I want them to be comfortable. I reinvented myself. Since I became Led Zeppelin, my life has improved a thousandfold.”

Well I guess so. Whatever works. I can't imagine what kind of life he had before though. Good luck to him. I suppose he could have changed it to "Zoso". LZ sounds better.

Good grief.

Thanks, SuperDave. Meanwhile, I refuse to let this thread die, so here goes:

From the Diary of Mr Led Zeppelin II:

Tuesday, Sept. 27th

Yesterday, I woke up buzzing with a whole lotta love for myself and everyone, even my ex-wife. This new name has so improved my life! For breakfast, I poured myself a bowl of cereal and then, for some odd reason, added a tin of tuna to it. Man, what was I thinking? Was I high? I smelled the vile concoction and thought, what is and what should never be. Cereal and tuna? Definitely a mistake! I hate to waste food but I had to throw it in the garbage.

So then I made myself some pancakes - a much saner option. I added some lemon juice to it and hummed a melody which I just made up. I chuckled and thought, well Mr Lemon, this is a song for you - The Lemon Song! Ha ha. Thank you, thank you very much, said just like Elvis in Vegas.

Then a dark cloud passed over me when I thought about all the bullshit that's happened to me in my life. Why was I thinking about that stuff while eating such great pancakes? Stupid brain. I thought about an old girlfriend who left me. She was beautiful and kinda crazy with a real zest for life. Still, what a heartbreaker. Anyway, the last laugh's on her cos she never finished school and ended up working domestically for some rich family and had an affair with her employer and had a kid by him - a real livin' lovin' maid. She's just a woman, a human being so I shouldn't be too bitchy about it. Be kind, Mr Zeppelin! Hmm, I wonder what epitaph I'll put on my gravestone? Gotta a few ideas...

Finishing those damned tasty pancakes, I looked at the time and realised that I gotta ramble on for my morning book club meeting. We're reading Melville's Moby Dick. It's good but a bit heavy going. Anyway, the meeting was fun as usual, not least cos, Sarah had brought a huge cake. She's so nice. There was some left over at the end, and Sarah asked if anyone wanted to take some cake with them. No one replied until Bob, the one-eyed hook-handed pirate fetishist said, "No thanks, Sarah, you can bring it on home."

Archived