2012 NFL Thread

Walter

Well, San Francisco is up 17-3 at the half. Looks like they're not bothered by the cold, and Harbaugh is outcoaching Belichick...that fake-punt was a gutsy call!

I'll miss the second half as I'm going out in the rain to see a couple movies...it's the last night of the Mitchell Leisen retrospective at UCLA. But I think the 49ers have control of this game. They are definitely for real.

And Alex Smith is looking more and more like an EX-49er after the season.

Well, San Francisco is up 17-3 at the half. Looks like they're not bothered by the cold, and Harbaugh is outcoaching Belichick...that fake-punt was a gutsy call!

I'll miss the second half as I'm going out in the rain to see a couple movies...it's the last night of the Mitchell Leisen retrospective at UCLA. But I think the 49ers have control of this game. They are definitely for real.

And Alex Smith is looking more and more like an EX-49er after the season.

And hopefully a Bill next year. I dont understand how the guy that just came on can be so cocky about the Giants getting in. Ok, lets say they beat Baltimore and Philly. very likely. That will make them 10-6. Lets say the winner of Wash and Dallas on the final day is 10-6, then they are tied with the Giants. If Seattle wins their last two they would have 11. And if Minnesota wins theirs 10. Chicago also can get to 10 but after today I would not hold my breath. I think the Giants would need tie breakers to fall their way. I do not think they will survive a trip to San Fran or Atlanta this time. Or even a cold game in Green Bay. I am wondering how Baltimore got beat so bad? Right now I am thinking New England wins the AFC and the 49ers will play Atlanta in the NFC title game and that one to me is a toss up.

Cincy could be a real sleeper in the AFC

Oh dear, the Niners have let the Patriots make things interesting.

That's one way to look at it.

Almost an amazing comeback... that 49ers punt return was incredible though..

28 unanswered points by New England.

Terrible 1st half though.

A good game.

If I'm a Niners fan, I got to be a little concerned about that defense blowing a 28 point lead. I understand it's Tom Brady and that New England's offense is potent, but still that has to make me pause. But, they won the game although you have to wonder what Russell Wilson and that Seahawks offense will do to San Fran next week up in Seattle. Should be a good game.

What shouldn't be a good game is that mess in Tennessee tonight. Does anybody really want to watch the Jets play football? Uggh!!!

If I'm a Niners fan, I got to be a little concerned about that defense blowing a 28 point lead. I understand it's Tom Brady and that New England's offense is potent, but still that has to make me pause. But, they won the game although you have to wonder what Russell Wilson and that Seahawks offense will do to San Fran next week up in Seattle. Should be a good game.

What shouldn't be a good game is that mess in Tennessee tonight. Does anybody really want to watch the Jets play football? Uggh!!!

Better choice to watch a good basketball game. San Anton is at OKC. Good game. I think San Fran took their foot off the gas pedal. I went down in flames on the under but had San Fran and won with a miraculous win with NO in baskets. plus 5

Come on Titans, beat those Jets! Oh shit, the Jets just blocked the punt...

How many damn fools are watching that game? 5? Sanchez makes Fitzpatrick look like Johnny Unitas. I guarantee you, two weeks left for both and their careers are over. Sanchez for sure. Maybe Fitz will be a backup. Sanchez will be drinking Corona with Strider's boy Russell down Mexico way. :lol:

Heh, Bill Belichek looked like he wanted to kill somebody in his post game press conference. :D

Well if he kills anybody, it should be his special teams coach. Brady brings them back from 28 points down to tie it at 31, and on the ensuing kickoff, the 49ers return it 70 yatds to set up their offense in perfect scoring position. Sloppy tackling on the first play results in a 49er touchdown putting them up 38-31 and sucking the air out of the stadium. Two plays...WHAM! BAM!...is all it took for San Francisco to regain the lead.

So much for the theory that a young quarterback would wilt under the pressure of facing Tom Brady in the cold and rain at Foxborough. That Colin kid has moxie...and a fucking laser cannon of an arm. I was marveling at the velocity of some of his passes...and in inclement weather, too. His passes had more zip than Brady's; and certainly more than Alex Smith.

San Francisco @ Seattle is a MONSTER GAME this Sunday night...and who predicted that before the season started?

Pittsburgh @ Dallas was the other great game yesterday. What a shocking turn of events. Usually it is Dallas and Tony Romo crumbling under pressure and blowing games at the end. This time it was the Steelers making the crucial blunder.

Great game though it was, neither of these teams look like they're ready to go far in the playoffs. The Steelers are having disastrous injuries to their secondary. Pretty soon they'll be re-signing Ron Woodson.

In an experiment of torture, I actually watched some of the Jets-Titans game while having dinner. What I saw nearly made me hurl. I've seen teams in the first game of the preseason have more cohesion and continuity than the Jets displayed tonight. What an embarrassment...and Tebow was just as bad as Sanchez.

Actually, it's hard to put it all on the quarterbacks when the Jets are in such constant upheavel with new offensive coaches and systems, new receivers, new running backs every damn year. Christ, they even brought back malcontent Braylon Edwards this week! :blink::huh:

Tebow came in for a series of plays in the 2nd quarter that were some of the most ill-conceived play calls I've seen this year. What is Sporano thinking? Gruden was losing his mind...say what you will, but I like Gruden because he doesn't sugarcoat things...he'll rip players and coaches if he thinks they deserve it.

Tonight's debacle is indicative of the team-wide rot and decay that has infested the Jets from top-to-bottom. If I was a Jets fan I would be screaming bloody murder and demanding heads to roll. Starting with the genius who decided to bring in Tebow. What a joke of a team...at times, watching the Jets-Titans game was like watching bad high school football.

If I was ESPN, I would be pissed at always getting stuck with these loser matchups. Has there been even one compelling MNF this season?

What a horrible weekend for the New York teams: Buffalo, the Giants and the Jets all got embarrassed.

The Jets may give Rex Ryan one more year to try and right the ship. Get a new QB in there, maybe Michael Vick and see what happens. Norv Turner is toast though, at least I hope he is. He would make a good offensive coordinator somewhere. Philip Rivers can show flashes of brilliance, he just needs to cut down on the turnovers.

Archived