2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

Here we go Yankees, here we go. Here we go Yankees, here we go. If I had the energy, I would post a picture of my ticket stub from game six of the 1996 World Series. A 3-2 win over Atlanta to win the World Series.

I know a ton of Oriole fans and they are all urinating in their pants. Now they have to fly down to Texas and in one game extinguish their overachieving season.

If you think about it, they really didn't want to tie the Yankees for first. It would have just meant playing an extra game.

Another thing to think about. Any team that wins so many 1 run games could have just as easily lost those games. That's the law of averages.

GO YANKEES!!!!

Here we go Yankees, here we go. Here we go Yankees, here we go. If I had the energy, I would post a picture of my ticket stub from game six of the 1996 World Series. A 3-2 win over Atlanta to win the World Series.

I know a ton of Oriole fans and they are all urinating in their pants. Now they have to fly down to Texas and in one game extinguish their overachieving season.

If you think about it, they really didn't want to tie the Yankees for first. It would have just meant playing an extra game.

Another thing to think about. Any team that wins so many 1 run games could have just as easily lost those games. That's the law of averages.

GO YANKEES!!!!

And we split with the Yankees fella

^^^

Don't worry, Miguel will get it. The only chance Mike Trout had was if the Angels made the playoffs.

We deserved better than this. But we are in the toughest division in baseball hands down. We have to bang heads with tough teams.

Hold on there...let's not get carried away. The AL West ain't no picnic either: A's, Rangers and Angels are all tough, playoff-worthy teams and they face a disadvantage that you guys in the AL East don't: Travel.

With the exception of Tampa, all the teams in the East are in each other's backyard and in the same time zone. The West teams have much longer distances to travel. In fact, the top team in distance traveled each season is usually an AL West team.

^^^

Don't worry, Miguel will get it. The only chance Mike Trout had was if the Angels made the playoffs.

Hold on there...let's not get carried away. The AL West ain't no picnic either: A's, Rangers and Angels are all tough, playoff-worthy teams and they face a disadvantage that you guys in the AL East don't: Travel.

With the exception of Tampa, all the teams in the East are in each other's backyard and in the same time zone. The West teams have much longer distances to travel. In fact, the top team in distance traveled each season is usually an AL West team.

Making the playoffs wouldn't have helped Trout, the statistics end after the regular season is over.

As far as traveling goes, their not taking the pony express anymore so it's not like an extra hour on a chartered jet playing cards with their buddies is that tough. The time zones I'll give ya though.

BTW, Congratulations to the New York Yankees for another American League East Championship - never thought that would happen with their thin pitching. It'll be tough in the playoffs though.

Do they have home field for the AL playoffs?

I don't like this new playoff format at all. I would have rather they went the other way, and made the first round a 7 game series. A one-game playoff is bad enough, but the thought of having a one-game playoff to get to a one-game playoff is crazy. I don't think having your top seeded teams sit for four days is a good idea either. That's longer than the All-Star break, and could really break a team's momentum going in to the playoffs. Finally, if you earned home team advantage, than you should start at home and finish at home. That's why you play a 162 game schedule.

And as for Josh Hamilton, a play like that is enough to make you start drinking.

Edited by Bong-Man

Making the playoffs wouldn't have helped Trout, the statistics end after the regular season is over.

As far as traveling goes, their not taking the pony express anymore so it's not like an extra hour on a chartered jet playing cards with their buddies is that tough. The time zones I'll give ya though.

Well put about the pony express. And I do not think the West is as tough as the East. Toronto is no picnic either. Boston had a bad year. Yankees and Tampa, Tampa has the best starting pitching in baseball. Now we have to play a one off in /Texas. Not really fair the O's dont get to play one home game unless they can pull this one out. The guy in sportsline summed up the game pretty good. He expects the Orioles to go to their bullpen early as its their strenth. I personally would rather see Buck start Johnson than Saunders. I hate to put our entire lives on Saunders arm. Though he has been good. If Hammels is ready dont be surprised if he gets the call either. We may not know until tomorrow.

^^^

Well, Rick, if the AL West is such a walk in the park and traveling is no big deal, your Orioles should have trouble going to Texas and dealing with the Rangers. So quit your BITCHING, haha!

Come on Walter...give me some credit. I know postseason stats don't count towards the awards. My point was that Mike Trout would have gotten more consideration for MVP if he had led his team to the playoffs.

It doesn't matter now how high Trout's WAR numbers are or any other Sabermetroc numbers the geeks love...Cabrera got the Triple Crown and led his team to the playoffs and Trout didn't. Case closed.

Cabrera is MVP...and it should be unanimously.

^^^

Well, Rick, if the AL West is such a walk in the park and traveling is no big deal, your Orioles should have trouble going to Texas and dealing with the Rangers. So quit your BITCHING, haha!

Come on Walter...give me some credit. I know postseason stats don't count towards the awards. My point was that Mike Trout would have gotten more consideration for MVP if he had led his team to the playoffs.

It doesn't matter now how high Trout's WAR numbers are or any other Sabermetroc numbers the geeks love...Cabrera got the Triple Crown and led his team to the playoffs and Trout didn't. Case closed.

Detroit and Texas will be a very interesting series. Oakland is hot with their bats. Detroit has Verlander. Good series Man do I want to win this fucking game tomorrow. We do not deserve to go home with a record like ours. I say Texas is reeling and we need to finish them off. I want to send Johnson unless Hammel is ready. They say Hammel would be ready Saturday. If he is ready Saturday, why not Friday night?

I keep checking for news. still no word on who the Orioles will send to the mound. Jones had better bring his A game.

Edited by LedZeppfan77

WOW. Buck will start Joe Saunders. I dont know about this. I wanted Johnson. But he is the boss. Saunders has been good but against the likes of Texas? I say he may have to go to the bullpen fast. 10 am we must have our lineup set in stone. I wanted Johnson or Hammel. Fuck. Now I am terrified. If he even starts to struggle, go to the pen and do it fast.

We all know at this stage of the game it's a crap shoot. Whichever team/player gets hot will drive the outcomes. Of course you can't discount defensive miscues. Nothing would surprise me about the Yankees, although they seem to be playing well as of late. My NL teams are the 1. Giants and 2. Nationals.

We all know at this stage of the game it's a crap shoot. Whichever team/player gets hot will drive the outcomes. Of course you can't discount defensive miscues. Nothing would surprise me about the Yankees, although they seem to be playing well as of late. My NL teams are the 1. Giants and 2. Nationals.

I agree with your national league picks. I say the Nationals will win the NL and beat the Giants in the NLCS. The American league? Alll depends on tomorrow. I honestly believe the Orioles have far more magic than Texas. Best bullpen in the majors. But the winner of Oakland and Detroit will be tough. I believe Oakland will beat them.

I think the National League all depends on tomorrow. If the Braves can get past the Cardinals (and I hope they will), then they have the first two games at home vs. the Nationals and with that rotation, I like the Braves chances to go all the way.

As for Oakland/Detroit, I like Detroit in Game 1 with Verlander, but for the entire series, I don't know. I'm thinking A's in 6.

I think the National League all depends on tomorrow. If the Braves can get past the Cardinals (and I hope they will), then they have the first two games at home vs. the Nationals and with that rotation, I like the Braves chances to go all the way.

As for Oakland/Detroit, I like Detroit in Game 1 with Verlander, but for the entire series, I don't know. I'm thinking A's in 6.

Its best of 5 dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111 :hysterical: :hysterical:

Strider, I thought that was a strange comment on your part - especially given your baseball knowledge. No offense intended!

:peace: