2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

I'm hoping the World Series is NY v SF....Then the Giants sweep them. This coming from a Yankee fan who has been soured by the owners/front office. The new stadium is a joke, it's a mall which happens to have a baseball game being played in it.

Baltimore's Camden Yards has a nice feel to it, as well as Wrigley. I LOVE Wrigley Field. I haven't been out west to experience SF's ballpark, but it looks like I would enjoy a game there. I live 4 miles from Yankee stadium and never ever dream of going there. I wouldn't give a dime of my money anymore to that organization, and one time I use to have season tickets.

CBS writer is picking the Orioles to beat Texas and the Yankees. But then the Tigers to beat the Giants in the Series. Ill take an Orioles vs Tigers ALCS. But lots of baseball to play before that is possible. I am a nervous wreck over tomorrow's game. We need to jump on them early. Go Orioles!!!

I'm hoping the World Series is NY v SF....Then the Giants sweep them.

I haven't been out west to experience SF's ballpark, but it looks like I would enjoy a game there.

I haven't seen a baseball game there, but I have been to the Giant's new stadium for the Rolling Stones concert. It was a nice place and the cove where all the boats congregate is a nice touch. A much better place than Candlestick.

I haven't seen a baseball game there, but I have been to the Giant's new stadium for the Rolling Stones concert. It was a nice place and the cove where all the boats congregate is a nice touch. A much better place than Candlestick.

My goodness - a million times better than Candlestick!! I believe I was wearing my winter coat and gloves there for a game in August. Granted, August is winter in SF, but still...

WOW. Buck will start Joe Saunders. I dont know about this. I wanted Johnson. But he is the boss. Saunders has been good but against the likes of Texas? I say he may have to go to the bullpen fast. 10 am we must have our lineup set in stone. I wanted Johnson or Hammel. Fuck. Now I am terrified. If he even starts to struggle, go to the pen and do it fast.

Wow is exactly how I feel. My friend Erin and I call him Joe the Bartender... just cause he seems so, well, normal :)

I just want to go to a game at home, dammit! They'd better win...

Wow is exactly how I feel. My friend Erin and I call him Joe the Bartender... just cause he seems so, well, normal :)

I just want to go to a game at home, dammit! They'd better win...

Harold and the other guy on MLB TV network are both picking the Orioles to win. I sure hope so. I will have no interest if they dont win. But I like their chances. Texas has lost 9 of 13 and they got swept in a series that meant everything to them. The pressure is on them. We need to jump on them early. We will have to go to the bullpen often I believe but that is what got us here. Go Orioles!!

Joe Saunders? JOE "WILT IN THE FACE OF PRESSURE" SAUNDERS!?! Crikey! What is your team thinking, Rick?

I remember Saunders from his days with the Angels. He was not a pitcher that inspired confidence. I am sure it will be an "all hands on deck" situation for the Orioles bullpen.

Maybe they just wanted to get Saunders out of the way early, so they could start their true ace in the first game against the Yankees after they beat Texas.

Yes, I am cheering for Baltimore all the way. With both the Angels and Dodgers out, it's a process of elimination.

Even though I'm not that much of a Dodger fan, I live in L.A. and that's enough for me not to like the Giants. I can't stand Bryce Harper and think Washington screwed up the Strasburg situation, so that knocks out the Nationals. Hate the Braves, hate Chipper Jones, so goodbye Atlanta. The Cardinals have won too much already and I can't be bothered to care about Cincinnati.

On to the AL: To hell with the Yankees...no way am I rooting for them. Texas and Oakland are my division foes, so I can't cheer for them at the Angels expense.

That leaves Baltimore...a team that has suffered so long in the shadow of the money-grabbing behomeths New York and Boston. It's nice to have some new blood in the playoffs. Most people are too young to remember Palmer and Weaver and Boog...if they know any Oriole at all it's usually Cal Ripkin, Jr.

So that's the team I am getting behind this playoff season: Baltimore Orioles.

GO O's! :cheer:

Joe Saunders? JOE "WILT IN THE FACE OF PRESSURE" SAUNDERS!?! Crikey! What is your team thinking, Rick?

I remember Saunders from his days with the Angels. He was not a pitcher that inspired confidence. I am sure it will be an "all hands on deck" situation for the Orioles bullpen.

Maybe they just wanted to get Saunders out of the way early, so they could start their true ace in the first game against the Yankees after they beat Texas.

Yes, I am cheering for Baltimore all the way. With both the Angels and Dodgers out, it's a process of elimination.

Even though I'm not that much of a Dodger fan, I live in L.A. and that's enough for me not to like the Giants. I can't stand Bryce Harper and think Washington screwed up the Strasburg situation, so that knocks out the Nationals. Hate the Braves, hate Chipper Jones, so goodbye Atlanta. The Cardinals have won too much already and I can't be bothered to care about Cincinnati.

On to the AL: To hell with the Yankees...no way am I rooting for them. Texas and Oakland are my division foes, so I can't cheer for them at the Angels expense.

That leaves Baltimore...a team that has suffered so long in the shadow of the money-grabbing behomeths New York and Boston. It's nice to have some new blood in the playoffs. Most people are too young to remember Palmer and Weaver and Boog...if they know any Oriole at all it's usually Cal Ripkin, Jr.

I'm getting behind the O's as well. Yep, I remember Palmer, Weaver and Boog, McNally, Cuellar. Frank and Brooks Roninson too

Good to know Strider and Ally. Do not think Saunders has the down side the numbers suggest as he has been rock solid lately. Texas is reeling. We can go to the pen early and often if we see any problems with Saunders. I myself would have given the ball to Chen, or Johnson but word is he has a minor injury (Johnson). In a perfect world I would go with Gonzalez but he pitched two days ago. I would put Hunter in first. Smokin fast ball to serve up to a mostly right handed hitting lineup. I would even consider Johnson for two innings if things are close in the 8th. But Hunter, O'Day, Ayala are probably the top choices. Just imagine putting Bundy in there? Talk of rolling the dice. doubt Buck would chance that. We must come out swinging Jones, Weiters, Davis, Reynolds and Hardy and McClouth must come through. I hate a one game playoff. But that is what we must do. I do not believe the Orioles have ever lost to a western team in the playoffs. Not in my lifetime.

Go to the head of the Class Young Man!! But it's not Jeopardy, no need to phrase your answer in the form of a question.

I wish McNally was starting tonight. We will pretend Saunders is Dave. Send us down some of your magic from Heaven Dave. We need it.

I just found out that Sunday's Tiger game will be broadcast on the MLB Network......and 'WOW' cable doesn't carry the MLB Network. That's just swell ! :angry:

That is another reason I have Direct TV. Ill give you the pitch by pitch. Ha. If my Orioles survive. Tonights is on TBS. I thought it would be national.

Zepscoda? What number beer or vodka are you on? 13? 15? Ha. Where the F are you? I am a nervous fucking wreck. Ill be honest. If Sauders walks anyone or lets two guys on, I agree with the MLB crew, Buck will have the bullpen warming up when the game starts and not let Saunders see it. I would go with Hunter first vs right handers and use Arrieta. When Hamilton is up, right back to the lefties, Matusz? I dont care if we use ten pitchers. Just fucking win baby. They are not themselves. . We have to get them while they are down. Jump on this Darvish early and rattle him. they think he has a huge advantage because we have never faced him. One shot in the gap by Jonesey or Weiters or Reynolds or even McClouth and he may start to unravel. Davis could be the guy we need to go deep. Lets stay in it and then use the formula that got us here. Go O's Go!!!

Rick, Buck knows situational baseball - playoff ball - all too well. You guys will do just fine with him leading the way! Probably to the ALCS, IMO. Good luck tonight!

Btw, I'm for St. Louis today. Wifey's family are from there and are huge Cards fans. They have always been my favorite NL team.

I think this one-game playoff is bunk...another feather in Buddy-boy's cap.

Gary Bettman is a joke as Commish of the NHL, but let's face it...baseball means more to the American soul and culture than hockey, so the ramifications of Bud Selig's decisions are felt more widely and have greater impact on the sport and society.

By that criteria, as much of a buffoon Bettman is, Bud Selig is still the Worst Commissioner in Sports.

Good luck to the Orioles!

Archived