2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

Sorry. I' m late to the party. I was just hanging with Paul Blair and Chris Hoiles. I can't believe this game. The excitement in B ' more is electric. Macho Manny getting it done along with pitching like old school O's.

omg, this is pretty unbelievable...

And really? Blair and Hoiles? Or are you just kidding around...

omg, this is pretty unbelievable...

And really? Blair and Hoiles? Or are you just kidding around...

I shit you not my wife and dropped my daughter off for dinner. Decided to head to a bar owned by a fellow alumnus and they had an unbelievable gathering.

Johnson has done this before. MAGiC.

Congrats to the O's & their fans- it's been a long time coming! Now on to NY to kick some Yankee ass!

Sorry to you Zepscoda, (hey just realized you are a baseball Rangers & hockey Rangers fan) ,it doesn't seem right that only 1 game gets to decide the wild card team- there should have been a 2 out of 3 series. But at least you have hope for next year, unlike us Mets fans LOL.

Ok, I finally saw highlights of the Braves-Cardinals game and the controversial play.

I hate the Braves and am glad they lost but that Infield-fly-rule call was HORRIBLE!!! No fucking way that should have been called...how do you penalize a team for a gaffe the other team makes?

The freaking shortstop was way out in left field...the INFIELD-fly rule should only apply to infield pop ups. Otherwise, why not invoke the infield-fly rule on Josh Hamilton's goof against the A's on Wednesday?

Terrible call...but still doesn't excuse the lame behaviour of Braves fans throwing stuff and delaying the game 20 minutes.

Ok, I finally saw highlights of the Braves-Cardinals game and the controversial play.

I hate the Braves and am glad they lost but that Infield-fly-rule call was HORRIBLE!!! No fucking way that should have been called...how do you penalize a team for a gaffe the other team makes?

The freaking shortstop was way out in left field...the INFIELD-fly rule should only apply to infield pop ups. Otherwise, why not invoke the infield-fly rule on Josh Hamilton's goof against the A's on Wednesday?

Terrible call...but still doesn't excuse the lame behaviour of Braves fans throwing stuff and delaying the game 20 minutes.

I always liked the Braves. Cheered for them often when the Orioles were sitting home. I dont care for St Louis. Anyway, I see of course its Sabathia to open the fat fuck. I would think Buck will go with Chen? We will see. I like our chances.

Predictions: Oakland vs. Detroit. I like the Tigers in Game 1 with Verlander on the bump but for the series I'm taking Oakland in 5.

Red vs. Giants - Giants in 4.

Nats vs. Cardinals - I'm agnostic, but I have to say Dear Lord, please don't let the Cardinals make it to another World Series. I think I might puke if they do. Nats in 5.

Yankees vs. O's - Orioles in 5, hopefully.

Let me get this straight...how is it home field advantage when the team who has it begins the series on the road?!? Between the stupid one game wild card playoff and now this, baseball is really fucked up!

What ever happened to 2-2-1 5 game series? Just plain stupid!

Let me get this straight...how is it home field advantage when the team who has it begins the series on the road?!? Between the stupid one game wild card playoff and now this, baseball is really fucked up!

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Bud Selig...THE WORST COMMISSIONER IN THE WORLD OF SPORTS! Tied All-Star Games, juiced baseballs and even more JUICED players, Home field advantage to the World Series decided by an exhibition game, interleague play, unbalanced schedules, One-game playoff, home field advantage that really isn't, games that don't end until after midnight, World Series in November, no day games in World Series, no double-headers...the list goes on and on.

They are going back to it next year I think I just read the posts of a Yankees and an Angels fan?

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Bud Selig...THE WORST COMMISSIONER IN THE WORLD OF SPORTS! Tied All-Star Games, juiced baseballs and even more JUICED players, Home field advantage to the World Series decided by an exhibition game, interleague play, unbalanced schedules, One-game playoff, home field advantage that really isn't, games that don't end until after midnight, World Series in November, no day games in World Series, no double-headers...the list goes on and on.

This.

He is a plague

Hey EBK, if you find out before me do tell me who we are sending to the mound? I am guessing Chen but it has not been announced to any of the major sports networks who the O's will go with???

As soon as I hear anything, I'll let you know....

Archived