2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

Maybe Mark McGwire in LA could help that Dodger offense, give it a shot in the arm or a shot in the ass if you want to get sarcastic about it. I was just looking at some of the Dodgers offensive stats & I was a bit surprised. 26th in runs scored, 16th in batting average, 18th in on base percentage, 28th in slugging percentage. I didn't expect numbers like those with a team that has Matt Kemp, Hanley Ramirez, Andre Ethier & some other mashers in the lineup. I also think that Dodgers pitching rotation has some question marks outside of Clayton Kershaw.

Edited by paul carruthers

I sure hope the Mets are not serious about a possible trade of R.A. Dickey. If we get rid of him, what the fuck do we have left in that rotation?

It probably depends on how much of a return they get. Can he be this effective continuously? Knuckleballers usually dont survive long. If they got major help in the field it may be worth it

He will not be what he once was. I cant see it. He will be good but not great. I say the O's can win the East next year.

You're just a ray of sunshine anymore, Rick. Doom and gloom personified....

ANYTHING can happen. It should be a very interesting offseason.

Typical Bud Selig/MLB foolishness: Announce your major season awards at a time when no one is paying attention to baseball, all eyes being on the NFL, NBA and college football now.

Oh well, at least they got the awards out before spring training begins. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Kansas City Royals have signed Shields from Tampa and now the Royals may be back on the map. They are expected to be in the race in the Central. This is good news for us Orioles fans and I am sure to the rest of the AL East to see Shields go bye bye.

Also, the LA Dodgers are spending money like a drunken sailor. Expect the Dodgers to be good