2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

So, is it too early to call the Tigers D.O.A.? Jesus, how many times can you come to the plate with runners on and get squat!

Its a fucking disgrace. How did this team beat the Yankees? How? If only we had got that fucking two outs and not let Ibanez hit one out, we would be giving these bums hell. Detroit was lucky to catch the White Sox. So my doubts about them were real.

We're dead....swinging like rusty gates. I just read where game 1 was the lowest rated ever for a World Series opener. I imagine last night wasn't very high either with College football on several channels.

We seem to be swinging at an awful lot of bad pitches. :(

I would certainly agree with anyone claiming the Tigers over-achieved this year. We've got a lot of problems to have made it this far. If Peralta loses another step, 5 guys would beat out infield hits every game. Prince is an exclusive DH if there ever was one. We've got a lot of staple-foots for such a big ballpark. The Giants are playing great defense.....or is that just in comparison to us ? It's a shame we couldn't win a couple so the Giants could win at home.

Time for MacCarver to retire.

We're dead....swinging like rusty gates. I just read where game 1 was the lowest rated ever for a World Series opener. I imagine last night wasn't very high either with College football on several channels.

We seem to be swinging at an awful lot of bad pitches. :(

I would certainly agree with anyone claiming the Tigers over-achieved this year. We've got a lot of problems to have made it this far. If Peralta loses another step, 5 guys would beat out infield hits every game. Prince is an exclusive DH if there ever was one. We've got a lot of staple-foots for such a big ballpark. The Giants are playing great defense.....or is that just in comparison to us ? It's a shame we couldn't win a couple so the Giants could win at home.

Time for MacCarver to retire.

Who do they think they are? The Bills or the Lions? What a bitch this is. Still, I just do not believe San Fran is that good. If Detroit can awaken, anythiing could happen. IF being the big word. Their pitching has been good and that is the sad part.

I am naming this "awful singing night." Whoever that was singing Anthem was horrific. And those poor folks doing GBA were really dis-served by the sound department...the mic needed to be boosted on the melody instead of the harmony. Although, they could have just been awful... :)

Let's hope the Tigers win so we can hear Aretha tomorrow!

Oh, and see more baseball...

The Orioles took away anything the Yankees had left. Took them to the limit. If we had won game three, this thing would have played out differently No way would we have been embarresed like that. Detroit has the Yankees number. But I am shocked they went down like this. On to basketball.

I would certainly agree with anyone claiming the Tigers over-achieved this year.

That's crazy! The Tigers were the preseason favorite to go to the World Series from the AL. They underachieved before catching fire and tracked down the ChiSox to get into the playoffs. But they certainly didn't over-achieve this season.

Congrats to the Giants!

I hope we don't have to wait that long to argue! That would make it an awfully long offseason... :lol:

Hey EBK. I will be the first to predict that Miguel Gonzalez will win 20 next year.

ps if you learn the fate of Brian Roberts do let me know? I wonder if he will return? I know Markakis will

Commiserations, Tigers fans. Be proud of another World Series appearance. AL Champions is still a pretty good Season

Congrats, Giants fans! Your team did it! Enjoy the party

I'll be celebrating just like you when my Brewers get their hands on that famous Commissioner's Trophy...

I was up for more than 32 hours Sat-Sun before my body gave up and I succumbed to sleep as I lay on the couch watching the Raiders play the Chiefs. I woke up a little later, realized I missed the end of the Raider game and checked the score of the Denver-New Orleans game(it was tied 7-7) before putting on the World Series.

I kept drifting in and out of consciousness for most of the game, although I did see Cabrera's home run that put the Tigers up 2-1 and Posey's HR that made the score 3-2. When I next woke up, it was the 9th and the score was tied 3-3.

I forced myself to stay awake until the end of the game, and so was able to see the Giants storm the field in jubilation as they completed the sweep!

Sure, many people foresaw the Giants beating the Tigers...but how many out there thought it would be a SWEEP? How does Cabrera look at a pitch down the middle? It's one thing to go down swinging, but to lose as your MVP keeps the bat on his shoulder has got to leave a sour taste in Tigers fans mouths.

Congrats to the Giants! They clearly beat Detroit and proved without a doubt they were the better team. They got on a roll that neither the Yankees or the Orioles would have been able to stop.

The old adage proves true...'pitching and defense wins championships'. Detroit had neither.

The SF Giants now have moved pass the LA Dodgers for 2nd most WS championships in the NL...the Cardinals are first with 11. The Giants are also the NL team with the most WS appearances.

At least the WS was over before November for a change.

Congrats to redrum and all the Giants fans. You earned it.

I'm still in shock at what they did and this without two of their top players. I think it was mostly attitude (+ pitching and defense) as the Giants looked totally relaxed and were having a ball (like the 49ers in their first Super Bowl, (won in Detroit) and Detroit most likely had the jitters. Was this Detroit's first time in the World Series? I'm sure they'll be in the running next year too. It was nice to see Lincecum get some pitching in too as he had a rough year. And GM giving Sandoval a new 427 Vette. How awesome is that?

As for the celebrating in SF's Civic Center, you couldn't get me within a hundred miles of that madness as I went through it for the Niners first SB victory and there were too many asswipes in the crowd.

Let's see if the Niners can get another Super Bowl. :^)

I'm still in shock at what they did and this without two of their top players. I think it was mostly attitude (+ pitching and defense) as the Giants looked totally relaxed and were having a ball (like the 49ers in their first Super Bowl, (won in Detroit) and Detroit most likely had the jitters. Was this Detroit's first time in the World Series? I'm sure they'll be in the running next year too. It was nice to see Lincecum get some pitching in too as he had a rough year. And GM giving Sandoval a new 427 Vette. How awesome is that?

As for the celebrating in SF's Civic Center, you couldn't get me within a hundred miles of that madness as I went through it for the Niners first SB victory and there were too many asswipes in the crowd.

Let's see if the Niners can get another Super Bowl. :^)

Congrats on the the Sweep and the Series!

Wasn't Detroit's first time in the World Series. They been there before, lost to the Cardinals as recent as 2006. But, yeah, you're right, they should be a contender next Season

Congrats on the the Sweep and the Series!

Wasn't Detroit's first time in the World Series. They been there before, lost to the Cardinals as recent as 2006. But, yeah, you're right, they should be a contender next Season

Losses like that should make them hungry. When it's not your team in the series you tend to forget who was in what and in what year.

It's a long ass season now as the hurricane would have most likely put the skids on the series for a couple days. That's some cold weather by the Great Lakes.

I'm expecting some tornadoes too as the warm front hits that cold front.

Losses like that should make them hungry. When it's not your team in the series you tend to forget who was in what and in what year.

It's a long ass season now as the hurricane would have most likely put the skids on the series for a couple days. That's some cold weather by the Great Lakes.

I'm expecting some tornadoes too as the warm front hits that cold front.

My Brewers ain't ever won sh!t... So, yeah, I kinda know what you mean, understand where you're coming from

I think it was 2006, St Louis beat the Tigers 4-1. I managed to turn my buddy Ains into a baseball fan watching that Series. Now he's probably the biggest Cardinals fan outside of Missouri

I was up for more than 32 hours Sat-Sun before my body gave up and I succumbed to sleep as I lay on the couch watching the Raiders play the Chiefs. I woke up a little later, realized I missed the end of the Raider game and checked the score of the Denver-New Orleans game(it was tied 7-7) before putting on the World Series.

I kept drifting in and out of consciousness for most of the game, although I did see Cabrera's home run that put the Tigers up 2-1 and Posey's HR that made the score 3-2. When I next woke up, it was the 9th and the score was tied 3-3.

I forced myself to stay awake until the end of the game, and so was able to see the Giants storm the field in jubilation as they completed the sweep!

Sure, many people foresaw the Giants beating the Tigers...but how many out there thought it would be a SWEEP? How does Cabrera look at a pitch down the middle? It's one thing to go down swinging, but to lose as your MVP keeps the bat on his shoulder has got to leave a sour taste in Tigers fans mouths.

Congrats to the Giants! They clearly beat Detroit and proved without a doubt they were the better team. They got on a roll that neither the Yankees or the Orioles would have been able to stop.

The old adage proves true...'pitching and defense wins championships'. Detroit had neither.

The SF Giants now have moved pass the LA Dodgers for 2nd most WS championships in the NL...the Cardinals are first with 11. The Giants are also the NL team with the most WS appearances.

At least the WS was over before November for a change.

Next year will be Baltimore's year.

Archived