2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

One out to go for a no hitter in Pittsburgh by the Cincy pitcher Bailey. done, no hitter. O's win 901, 1 hitter by Tillman. White Sox have 2-1 lead. Can they hold it?

Yay team!!!

If only the Blue Jays could score some runs...

Well I'm a Mets fan. Tough year! Good first 90 games and then a train wreck. Being around 6 or 7 games over 500 at the 90 game period was great and then the inevitable happened as is predicted. The Wilpons need to sell, but I think Sandy as GM is doing a good job building up team and farm. We'll see. I'm psyched as I get to see the All Star Game at Citi Field next year with my deposit for my 2013 package. Times can only get better. Situations for teams can turn around quickly for teams. You just never know. Just wishing the best for my Mets. Just don't know when! My guess is two years!

Well at least a few good things came for the Mets this year. Johan's first ever no-no for the team and Dickey winning 20. Possible Cy Young winner for him. Good chance of the latter happening. Always an optimist. Probably too much. Hopefully, not too much slaying from the naysayers here!

But, it's all good with sports and baseball!!!

Well I'm a Mets fan. Tough year! Good first 90 games and then a train wreck. Being around 6 or 7 games over 500 at the 90 game period was great and then the inevitable happened as is predicted. The Wilpons need to sell, but I think Sandy as GM is doing a good job building up team and farm. We'll see. I'm psyched as I get to see the All Star Game at Citi Field next year with my deposit for my 2013 package. Times can only get better. Situations for teams can turn around quickly for teams. You just never know. Just wishing the best for my Mets. Just don't know when! My guess is two years!

Well at least a few good things came for the Mets this year. Johan's first ever no-no for the team and Dickey winning 20. Possible Cy Young winner for him. Good chance of the latter happening. Always an optimist. Probably too much. Hopefully, not too much slaying from the naysayers here!

But, it's all good with sports and baseball!!!

Dickey is nuts. Unhittable. How about those Orioles? A playoff could occur.( one game for the division) We have to go to Tampa and that is going to be tough.

Yo DAC. A little rain? Ha. I do not agree with MLB. Now they say if the Orioles and Yankees play a one game playoff for the division, the loser plays Oakland and then the winner of that would get the Tigers. Before they reported the Wild card survivor would go to Texas. That makes more sense as Texas has the better record right now. But the Orioles could put an end to that soon too. Go O's!!!!!!!!!!11

Would love to see the Yankees taken out. Too much arrogance with their fans, although I have nothing against their players. Certainly DJ is a class act!

Agree/ He is the only one I do not despise. I sure hope we can pull out this division. We certainly have the tougher road having to go to Tampa and most likely face Shields or Price if not both.

+ 1

will add Pettitte & Rivera for class acts as well

Hope the O's win the rest of their games & take the division!

I think the Yankees are playing with fire bringing back Pettite now. Just my opinion. I like our staff far better. The only thing they have over us is experience. But I do believe the times are a changin and we have waited far too long.

A friend of mine who's a "long suffering O's fan" (as he puts it) was at the game tonight, haven't heard from him yet but I'm sure he's very very happy right now. He's going to tomorrow's game & then flies to Tampa for a game there- hopefully he will bring them luck!

Its beyond words for us Orioles faithfull who have suffered so long. I never believed we would win in 97. I did in 83. But those teams I grew up cheering for with Brooks Robinson, Jim Palmer and Dave McNally and Frank Robinson were great teams. Its been too long. This is the most I have been this excited over baseball in a long time. Even though I did love the Red Sox comeback over the Yankees.

A friend of mine who's a "long suffering O's fan" (as he puts it) was at the game tonight, haven't heard from him yet but I'm sure he's very very happy right now. He's going to tomorrow's game & then flies to Tampa for a game there- hopefully he will bring them luck!

Almost went tonight because Brooks Robinson is my favorite player of all times and they unveiled his statue tonight. But since we're going tomorrow, figured one game per weekend would do.

Hope to be going to more games next weekend!!

Would love to see the Yankees taken out. Too much arrogance with their fans, although I have nothing against their players. Certainly DJ is a class act!

This is exactly how I feel. There are only two on the NYY's current roster that I don't like. Of course as with anything, it's not all NYY fans, but many feel entitled. I heard someone say that NYY has a "right" to be in the playoffs. I always thought you had to earn your spot, hmm.

Needless to say, the problem for Baltimore is their opponent for the last three. Tampa Bay still fighting.

Archived