VAN HALEN!

Toronto Zeppelin

On 8/21/2023 at 4:42 PM, Strider said:

Van Halen fans REJOICE! 1984 CASTLE DONINGTON has been found and liberated! Was @chillumpuffer or @luvlz2 there?

Eddie wearing the same Marcus Allen Los Angeles Raiders shirt I used to have.

Strider thanks for the heads up! I did not attend this but really have enjoying what I've watched! The video keeps getting put back up on YouTube and taken back down again. Its still up now I believe.

Edited by luvlz2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/26/2023 at 4:36 PM, SteveZ98 said:

Strider, I assume you got to see VH a bunch of times. If that's the case, have you posted any stories about those shows on this site?

Hmmm. I have been on this site for at least 20 years so there must be some posts I have written about their shows. Certainly the 1977 Whisky shows and I believe the 1981 tour and the 1983 US Festival and the 1984 Monsters of Rock in Nürnberg. 

Of course, Van Halen live and Led Zeppelin live (especially by the time I saw them) were two different animals. Van Halen was never going to give you a three-hour show. They were unbridled adrenaline rock at its purest. Only AC/DC could rival them for pure non-stop energy. No fucking ballads...at least not until Sammy Hagar entered the fray. And Van Halen was smart by putting the drum solo (never longer than five minutes) after the second song when the crowd's energy was still at a peak. If only they had ditched Michael's useless bass solos.

I can always tell the internet idiots when discussing Van Halen...they're the ones who parrot Eddie Trunk and say Dave couldn't sing in concert. They're usually the same idiots who listen to one bad 1977 tour soundboard and proclaim Jimmy Page was always smacked out and sloppy live.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Alex Van Halen to Publish Memoir in 2024

Alex Van Halen will release a memoir titled Brothers in the fall, its publishers announced.

Scheduled for Oct. 22, it’s to be available as a 384-page hardcover, a 720-minute audiobook and an ebook. No further details were revealed by HarperCollins, although the preview displayed the alternative titled The Brothers Van Halen.

It’s likely the book will focus on drummer Alex’s relationship with younger brother and bandmate Eddie Van Halen. As kids they’d started out playing each other’s instrument before swapping permanently, and put their first band together in fourth grade.

Read More: Alex Van Halen to Publish Memoir in 2024 | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/alex-van-halen-memoir/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...