To all you good people on the forum, what do we think of each other?

joe (Liverpool)

There are some posters from the "old days". Meaning around the time of the O2 reunion which seemed to ignite a new fascination that Led zeppelin may once again tour and the all around excitement of the event itself. Not to mention that lottery where we all dreamed of winning a chance to go. But many of the "regulars" are gone. Some by choice and a few by tragedy. I do not like to mention names but I am a bit puzzled that Electrophile, who I have never been able to get along with, has seemed to disappear? If I am wrong, I have not seen her in ages. I have a few friends here that I know well enough to share my email adress with but only a few. All are very far. I do know what they look like as they do me, as we have shared pics and some have posted on the thread in Meet and Greet thread "post a pic of yourself". I have done that long ago. When I first came here about ten names and avatar's ago, I was originally Icantquityoubabe. I posted my story on the Timeline about my only Led zeppelin concert back in 1977. We have people from all over the world here and we vary in age and ethnic and religious beliefs as much as can be possible. I do think there is a majority that come from the "day" so to speak when Led Zeppelin was touring and writing and we were growing up in the 70s. But there is also a new generation here. Which is good to see.

i dear, i fear i could have had a hand in her leaving. i had a few turse word to say to her about how she spoke to people, and i never saw her post again after that.

though, perhaps she left for other reasons, or perhaps she just reads now without posting, or has assumed another persona .......

I have made some good friends here and enjoy coming here to read about Zep news but mostly in the other areas of the forum too. I talk to a couple on the phone occasionally as well. Met one of my friends here at a Band of Joy concert. I wish I had the abiilty to meet many others here. I get along with most everyone and usually stay away from the controversies that go one here. Not one to push a confrontation unless I am pushed, which I think has happened only a couple of times.

I have made some good friends here and enjoy coming here to read about Zep news but mostly in the other areas of the forum too. I talk to a couple on the phone occasionally as well. Met one of my friends here at a Band of Joy concert. I wish I had the abiilty to meet many others here. I get along with most everyone and usually stay away from the controversies that go one here. Not one to push a confrontation unless I am pushed, which I think has happened only a couple of times.

same here. i hope i haven't given the impression that i argue a lot .... the thing with electrophile was a one-off.

my husband and i have both met reggie and grant ventura, and shadowblue, and also amazonic, who doesn't post anymore ... there are a few more aussies on here, maybe we shall meet up one day, but australia is a pretty big place. it just happened that the ones i mentioned all live close by to me.

she did ? :unsure: her profile said she was last active in december last year .... where is the post ?

Strange, I can't seem to find it now but I could have sworn I read a new post by her yesterday. I read the forum under "New Content" mode so once I've read a post, it makes it next to impossible to find again.

I have done other forums before and I usually quit very quickly because the people are jerks and idiots. This is the most civil board I've ever even read.

I have done other forums before and I usually quit very quickly because the people are jerks and idiots. This is the most civil board I've ever even read.

Actually it's been pretty good as far as civility goes for a while now.

You haven't caught the board on a bad day.

t

^ :hysterical:! Hey, I'm 15, I like to go to concert and I play guitar too! Oh, and I'm looking for someone to make a band too! ;) Glad to meet you, Jimi.

haha... Real names Brendan.... I wish it was jimi, or jimmy. I was on a bit of a Hendrix kick when I signed up for this site and now I'm stuck with the name

I am a lot like ledzepfvr in my thoughts. I have made a few great friends and talk on the phone with them thanks to this forum! I have met a couple at concerts, always fun. It's great to start the friendships and watch them grow.

I miss quite a few people who were regular at posting here and no longer do. But this is a place IMHO that we all come to discuss our passion for this band, a variety of music and topics, whether the topics are music related or just discussions. Hopefully some of them will be back posting again soon.

The people I do share conversations with, I truly enjoy...the rest I just stay away from and try not to say anything...in the end, it's not worth it. :peace:

And I've actually met Deborah J!

We hung out for a minute after seeing Them Crooked Vultures in Atlanta a couple years ago.

She got so close to the stage I couldn't make it to where she was!

And now it seems I can't find the pic we took.

Oh well, she's super cool.

Gotta say I've made some awesome friends here. All shapes, forms and opinions. I've met up with a few , AngelWithABrokenWing, Babs and Steve A Jones. I've chatted with Deborah J. Anjin San as well as Medhb and MSG . I would sincerely love to meet up with all of my friends some day... you too Rick :) . You're buying :lol:

Gotta say I've made some awesome friends here. All shapes, forms and opinions. I've met up with a few , AngelWithABrokenWing, Babs and Steve A Jones. I've chatted with Deborah J. Anjin San as well as Medhb and MSG . I would sincerely love to meet up with all of my friends some day... you too Rick :) . You're buying :lol:

Me too huh? Sounds like I came in fourth. You are on. I intend to head West in the future. I must go to Florida first unfortunately but after that the West coast is on the agenda. If I get to Vancouver I will be happy to buy some of that real stuff you guys have over there. It does seem like we have seen a fair share of the old regulars disappear.

Me too huh? Sounds like I came in fourth. You are on. I intend to head West in the future. I must go to Florida first unfortunately but after that the West coast is on the agenda. If I get to Vancouver I will be happy to buy some of that real stuff you guys have over there. It does seem like we have seen a fair share of the old regulars disappear.

Just having some fun with ya :P . Yep, we've had a bit of an exodus recently but we've had that happen before. Gotta figure that a sincere apology or two would have corrected some of that. Of course, when you're perfect l;ike me, that's not something that's necessary :hysterical:

I think some of the people that used to post here regularly have gone onto FB, Twitter, etc. Plus, there's just plain ol' life changes to take into account.

Agreed ! Many have already met and/or are using other means to keep in touch. That's cool :yesnod:

I think some of the people that used to post here regularly have gone onto FB, Twitter, etc. Plus, there's just plain ol' life changes to take into account.

Yes life changes is probably the biggest reason. And the lack of activity by the once hope of a LZ reunion that now will certainly never happen. There is still plenty of correspondence here compared to some other sites I have been to. There are a certain few I wonder about? Wonder why they are now gone? When they were here every single day. Hopefully they are ok? We may never know.

There are some posters from the "old days". Meaning around the time of the O2 reunion which seemed to ignite a new fascination that Led zeppelin may once again tour and the all around excitement of the event itself. Not to mention that lottery where we all dreamed of winning a chance to go. But many of the "regulars" are gone. Some by choice and a few by tragedy.

There are even some from long before then. Life happens for many of us. Some of us drop by when we can, some communicate by other means, etc. I've met a few posters from the board, mostly from before the reunion. There are others I'd like to stay in touch with but can't for one reason or another.

I can't get to the board very often and rarely have time for more than a quick glance at a few things when I do get a chance to stop by.

We have people from all over the world here and we vary in age and ethnic and religious beliefs as much as can be possible. I do think there is a majority that come from the "day" so to speak when Led Zeppelin was touring and writing and we were growing up in the 70s. But there is also a new generation here. Which is good to see.

I agree absolutely. So, hi to the old guard, and hello to the younger guard.

I have been a member of 3 forums (including this one) in the last 3 years or so. I have met some really nice people thanks to this forum, whom I now consider as life-long friends. Some of the friends I met here, sadly do not post on these forums anymore, but I am happy to say that I keep in touch with these awesome folks through email and other means :) I have also had some differences in opinion with some individuals on here and I pretty much (for the sake of controlling my temper), avoid reading their posts all together. I also aviod threads addressing controversial topics because I am here to enjoy the forum in a calm and peaceful fashion and pretty much discuss things which interest me.

I think that a lot of the people who post here are extremely well informed about all things Zep. I've learned so much about the band, their music and personal lives but most of all I've learned which bootlegs are worthy of pursuit! This board is a lot friendlier that most other rock oriented sites. There are a few argumentative or thin skinned folks here but they don't seem to stick around for long. I do miss a few old timers who were young when I was, they understood without any need for explanation!

I think I love this site, in my two years (very on and off) I've only seen a good 2 or 3 rude or mean people/ posts. I think the family we have on here just because of one band and the friendships that have been made on here are great. This website to me id the one I can be the most comfortable on and i think it's great how we can all converse about pretty much anything we want and there will be someone on here to talk about it to.

^ IIRC, she got a sizeable bug up her ass after I innocently referred to her as an 'eager beaver'.

i dear, i fear i could have had a hand in her leaving. i had a few turse word to say to her about how she spoke to people, and i never saw her post again after that.

though, perhaps she left for other reasons, or perhaps she just reads now without posting, or has assumed another persona .......

There are some posters from the "old days". Meaning around the time of the O2 reunion which seemed to ignite a new fascination that Led zeppelin may once again tour and the all around excitement of the event itself. Not to mention that lottery where we all dreamed of winning a chance to go. But many of the "regulars" are gone. Some by choice and a few by tragedy. I do not like to mention names but I am a bit puzzled that Electrophile, who I have never been able to get along with, has seemed to disappear? If I am wrong, I have not seen her in ages. I have a few friends here that I know well enough to share my email adress with but only a few. All are very far. I do know what they look like as they do me, as we have shared pics and some have posted on the thread in Meet and Greet thread "post a pic of yourself". I have done that long ago. When I first came here about ten names and avatar's ago, I was originally Icantquityoubabe. I posted my story on the Timeline about my only Led zeppelin concert back in 1977. We have people from all over the world here and we vary in age and ethnic and religious beliefs as much as can be possible. I do think there is a majority that come from the "day" so to speak when Led Zeppelin was touring and writing and we were growing up in the 70s. But there is also a new generation here. Which is good to see.

. I may have never really gotten along with her, (she said something mean to me at one point, but I didnt care) but its always sad to see someone leave. I would much rather see a change in character than see someone leave, she was one of the only people on here that would press some people's buttons, and i can kind of respect that.

Archived