JACK WHITE

henrybonzo

• 4 weeks later...

Live tonight (or early tomorrow morning on the east coast) on NPR - Jack White's concert from the Fonda Theatre in Hollywood.

http://www.npr.org/event/music/319666614/live-tuesday-jack-white-in-concert

Review of the new album on All Things Considered today:

http://www.npr.org/2014/06/10/320729401/from-jack-white-a-fierce-new-record-raised-in-captivity

Did you listen to the show, ebk?

Strider, any reviews from you on your first hand account of the amazing Jack White?

His performance on The Tonight Show was AWESOME this past Monday! He never comes down to Florida! :(

Strider, any reviews from you on your first hand account of the amazing Jack White?

His performance on The Tonight Show was AWESOME this past Monday! He never comes down to Florida! :(

I'm about halfway through the show (it's still up on NPR Music). I'm having a few issues with my computer at work which is why I haven't gotten all the way through. So far though, it's fabulous!

Also, if anyone is interested, the new album is streaming in its entirety on Slacker.com this week.

The concert was a ripping good time...as a Jack White show usually is! It certainly helped that he played a few of my favourite White Stripes songs, starting the show off with "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground". Also included were "Ball and Biscuit", "Hotel Yorba", "Fell in Love With a Girl"...all told he must have played 20 to 25 songs, spanning all his different bands.

Hard to understand why he doesn't play Florida Walter...it's not that far from Nashville.

One amusing sight from the concert was the Fonda marquee out front...proof that Jesus is bigger than the Beatles but E=MC2 trumps all.

post-1470-0-71942000-1402640452_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-02215100-1402640491_thumb.jp

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The concert was a ripping good time...as a Jack White show usually is! It certainly helped that he played a few of my favourite White Stripes songs, starting the show off with "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground". Also included were "Ball and Biscuit", "Hotel Yorba", "Fell in Love With a Girl"...all told he must have played 20 to 25 songs, spanning all his different bands.

Hard to understand why he doesn't play Florida Walter...it's not that far from Nashville.

One amusing sight from the concert was the Fonda marquee out front...proof that Jesus is bigger than the Beatles but E=MC2 trumps all.

attachicon.gifIMG_20140610_200132.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140610_200233.jpg

Unbelievable - he played Florida 2 weeks ago: Jacksonville and Miami. However, it was my son's 11th birthday weekend, so no go!

We have been listening to him non-stop for about a month now. Watched one of his shows from back in June on youtube - f'in amazing! He is without question my favorite musician currently out there. I have to see him in the near future!

Thanks for the pictures, Strider! :)

Hope your show was awesome, jb126! :)

Yeah, I started answering your post several different ways. Overall I might be slightly more partial to the Raconteurs because it's, um, less chaotic? But his other stuff is really great too, and I rely on it heavily for my running playlists.

Hmm ok I think. I`ll dip into youtube.com ...

The show was right after Glastonbury. It had songs from all of his different projects. His current stuff fuses so many different types of music, it's hard to describe. Always blues based though.

Hope your show was awesome, jb126! :)

It was, thanks! How are you and your family? Hope things are getting better and better.

The concert - It was a gorgeous night, Jack and his band played for about 2 1/2 hours. The stage was set on top of the bullpens at Fenway Park, the audience was seated in the bleachers. I thought they sounded great, he has a wonderful band. High energy, very entertaining.

It was, thanks! How are you and your family? Hope things are getting better and better.

The concert - It was a gorgeous night, Jack and his band played for about 2 1/2 hours. The stage was set on top of the bullpens at Fenway Park, the audience was seated in the bleachers. I thought they sounded great, he has a wonderful band. High energy, very entertaining.

Fantastic! Glad you had such a great show and venue! We are doing well down here. Treatment is nearing its end and she is looking and feeling more healthy with every passing week. Thank you for asking!!

:peace:

Btw, it seems like an annual occurrence to be looking up at you in the NFL picks....congrats! :)

• 3 months later...