Living Loving Maid request

DAS

I know they never played it itself but was it included in any medleys or anything like other songs they never played like Ramble On? I'd heard somewhere they'd at least played it as an intro. Thanks much for any info.

That video is not from '83 - that's for sure. He wasn't playing Zep tunes at that point and his hair/voice were not like that in '83.

He played LLM on his Manic Nirvana tour when I saw him.

Based on the number of guitarists with him on stage, I believe that is probably his Fate Of Nations tour.

^^^

And this has what to do with "Living Loving Maid"? Nice try sherlock...an attempted thread-jack by the third post.

I would imagine it had to do with DAS also mentioning "Ramble On" as another song they supposedly had never played.

I would imagine it had to do with DAS also mentioning "Ramble On" as another song they supposedly had never played.

If you read DAS' post, he means that they played "Ramble On" as part of a medley and he was asking if they had also played "Living Loving Maid" as part of a medley. He already knew "Ramble On" had been played in medleys.

Melcórë, if you think this is hostile you should see some of the other forums around the internet. This is a love-in compared to other places.

If you read DAS' post, he means that they played "Ramble On" as part of a medley and he was asking if they had also played "Living Loving Maid" as part of a medley. He already knew "Ramble On" had been played in medleys.

As much as an asshole as Stairway has been in the past, I don't think he was making any attempt to be out out of line or "hijack" the thread with his response. Yes, the emphasis in DAS' question was certainly on "Living Lovin' Maid" but I also don't see any harm in replying that "Ramble On" had been played as part of a medley.

Melcórë, if you think this is hostile you should see some of the other forums around the internet. This is a love-in compared to other places.

Think you need to re-read the post he DAS clearly said Ramble On was never played.

I remember LLM being teased at on 5/24/75. Very early on in fact, but not exactly sure where.

Watching the show right now. He didn't tease it, Robert mentioned the beginning lyrics as an example of what they would not be playing that night. Nothing "groovin'" like that were Robert's words.

Oh come on folks...I would have thought I had been posting here long enough for you to understand I was just kidding around with Stairway. Hostile? I didn't even use profanity and call him names.

Maybe I should have added emoticons, but as a man turning 50, I prefer not to use emoticons unless I have to. I find it tends to creep most women out when grown men use them.

Nutrocker is a pretty smart and tough fellow, so I doubt a minor kerfuffle like this would send him away.

Since the OP seems to be a source of some disagreement about its meaning, I will take you step-by-step through my reading of the post:

I know they never played it itself

He states what most of us assume, that Led Zeppelin circa 1968-1980 never played the song "Living Loving Maid" in concert...at least not as a proper complete stand-alone song.

but was it included in any medleys or anything like other songs they never played like Ramble On?

This is where the kernel of misinterpretation lies, as DAS could have worded it more clearly, but since English is not his native tongue, I give him a pass. But this is what DAS is asking: he's asking if "Living Loving Maid", either in part or in its entirety, was played as part of a medley? When DAS says "like other songs they never played like Ramble On?" he is acknowledging that "Ramble On" was used as part of medleys, in the same manner as "Good Times Bad Times" and "Gallows Pole" were.

What DAS meant by the "like other songs they never played" part was songs that never appeared in the set as complete stand-alone song performances.

I'd heard somewhere they'd at least played it as an intro. Thanks much for any info.

Pretty much self-explanatory. The rumour he heard about it being played as an intro probably refers to the lyrical snippet Plant gave the Earl's Court audience as an example of the light poppy stuff the band would NOT be playing that night.

Anyways, I'll try to be more clear when I'm kidding around. Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings.

Anyways, I'll try to be more clear when I'm kidding around. Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings.

No, Mr Strider,that will not do!

I demand:

A formal apology.to the collective.

A case of Sam Adams(Boston Larger)

A free lunch

And $20.

Then,well we shall see! :P:hysterical:

I'll check "The Concert files" for LLM :book:

We don't know that they never played it. Certainly there's no circulating live recording, but a review of Southampton 71 was recently posted elsewhere (JP OTD I believe) which says they played it that night.

FWIW, my reading of the OP is that DAS already knew that Ramble On had been performed as part of a medley.

Hostile is cool, btw.

According to my go-to Led Zeppelin reference website, Living Loving Maid was never played along with these other songs.

http://www.ledzeppelin-database.com/geekbaseweb/songlistpage.aspx?toggle=3&sort=0

Except for For Your Life. The 2007 show isn't on this site.

To clarify, there were some songs they never played by themselves but did play in medleys such as Ramble On. I was wondering if Living Loving Maid was perhaps put in a medley since I enjoy it and they have never to my knowledge just played it itself. I'm also sorry I asked. It's not worth some of the rude comments above. And thank you to everyone with constructive comments and shared videos above. Even TheStairwayRemainsTheSame. That is my favorite version of Communication Breakdown and it's definitely worth sharing with everyone. I actually have the bootleg on a really awesome looking tie dye vinyl.

To clarify, there were some songs they never played by themselves but did play in medleys such as Ramble On. I was wondering if Living Loving Maid was perhaps put in a medley since I enjoy it and they have never to my knowledge just played it itself. I'm also sorry I asked. It's not worth some of the rude comments above. And thank you to everyone with constructive comments and shared videos above. Even TheStairwayRemainsTheSame. That is my favorite version of Communication Breakdown and it's definitely worth sharing with everyone. I actually have the bootleg on a really awesome looking tie dye vinyl.

Not to my knowledge. This website takes songs apart and breaks them down. Pseudo songs and all. This includes medleys and I have never seen Living Loving Maid in any medley nor have I heard it.

Baby Come on Home

Bonzo's Montreaux

Boogie with Stu

Candy Store Rock

Carouselambra

Custard Pie

Darlene

Down By the Seaside

Fool in the Rain

Hats off to Roy Harper

Hey Hey What Can I Do

Houses of the Holy

I'm Gonna Crawl

In the Light

Living Loving Maid(She's Just a Woman)

Moby Dick/Bonzo's Montreux

Night Flight

Ozone Baby

Poor Tom

Royal Orleans

South Bound Saurez

Tea For One

Most bands don't have a Greatest Hits that good.

Baby Come on Home

Bonzo's Montreaux

Boogie with Stu

Candy Store Rock

Carouselambra

Custard Pie

Darlene

Down By the Seaside

Fool in the Rain

Hats off to Roy Harper

Hey Hey What Can I Do

Houses of the Holy

I'm Gonna Crawl

In the Light

Living Loving Maid(She's Just a Woman)

Moby Dick/Bonzo's Montreux

Night Flight

Ozone Baby

Poor Tom

Royal Orleans

South Bound Saurez

Tea For One

Most bands don't have a Greatest Hits that good.

^_^

Archived