Wheels on Fire - Brian Auger & Sandi Thom

Help Me - Sandi Thorn

November Rain - Sandi Thom

Rock and Roll - Alfie Boe

I Want To Know What Love Is - Alfie Boe

Born Free(acoustic) - Brian May & Kerry Ellis

Butterfly (acoustic) - Brian May & Kerry Ellis

Tribute speech to Jon Lord - Steve Balsamo

Pictured Within - Steve Balsamo – (with visuals of Jon Lord)

Introduction to the Choir

Something Inside So Strong/It’s My Life (SFJ) - Choir

Something About You - Mark King

Sunshine Of Your Love - Mark King

Lessons In Love - Mark King

Emerald - Bruce Dickinson

Behind Blue Eyes - Bruce Dickinson

Bruce Dickinson introducion to Brian May, Ian Paice & John Pal Jones

Black Night - Brian May, Ian Paice & John Paul Jones

Since You’ve Been Gone - Brian May & Kerry Ellis

Brian May introduction to Alice Cooper

Nadine - Alice Cooper

Elected - Alice Cooper

School’s Out - Alice Cooper (+ Brian May on guitar)

Smoke On The Water - SuperBand (included Brian May & Kerry Ellis on stage)

http://www.brianmay..../briannews.html

• Administrators

Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden and Queen band members perform at charity rock show

Alice Cooper and Deep Purple's Ian Paice also take to the stage at the annual Sunflower Jam bash

Led Zeppelin bassist John Paul Jones, Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson and Queen guitarist Brian May all performed at a charity rock concert in London last night (September 16).

Deep Purple drummer Ian Paice also played at the Sunflower Jam 2012, whose proceeds went to the cancer charity of the same name founded by his wife Jacky. The event, held at the Royal Albert Hall, also featured musical contributions from Alice Cooper, Whitesnake guitarist Micky Moody and Level 42 singer Mark King.

After several acoustic numbers from May and West End star Kerry Ellis, and a cover of Guns N' Roses' 'November Rain' by folk singer Sandi Thom, Dickinson took to the stage to sing Thin Lizzy's 'Emerald' and The Who's 'Behind Blue Eyes'. You can watch the latter performance at the bottom of the page.

Later, Jones, May and Paice all teamed up for a rendition of Deep Purple's 'Black Night', while May also played guitar during Cooper's performance of 'School's Out'. The entire line-up came together at the end for an ensemble romp through Deep Purple's 'Smoke On The Water'.

Last week (September 13), Led Zeppelin announced plans to release a film version of their 2007 reunion show at London's O2 Arena. The 16-song concert, the band's first headline show in 27 years, will be shown in cinemas from October 19 before getting a DVD release on November 19.

http://www.nme.com/n...-zeppelin/66153

• 2 weeks later...

So is there going to be The Sunflower Jam DVD?

Mon, October 1, 2012

Some people spotted the video cameras at the concert. Other have been asking "is there going to be a Sunflower Jam DVD?" Well the answer is yes!

At the moment all the footage is being logged, edited and colour graded. This will take a little while to complete. The DVD will not just comprise of performances from The Sunflower Jam 2012 though. It will also include some previous performances as well. For all those people with their 'home surround systems' you will also be able to experience music in 5.1 surround sound.

At the moment there is no set release date but as soon as there is one we will let you know.

http://www.thesunflowerjam.com/media/so-is-there-going-to-be-the-sunflower-jam-dvd

• 10 months later...
  • Administrators

The Sunflower SUPERJAM 2012 DVD
AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER FROM
TUESDAY 20th AUGUST 2013

16162.jpg

The Sunflower SUPERJAM 2012 was a unique event that brought together some of rock music’s true legends at The Royal Albert Hall making the iconic venue rock like never before. Now, for the first time, The Sunflower Jam charity is raising money by producing an exceptional DVD of this once-in-a-lifetime event. Watch Alice Cooper, Bruce Dickinson, Brian May, Ian Paice, John Paul Jones, Mark King, Alfie Boe and a host of other amazing musicians ‘jam’ on one of the most famous stages in the world.

Plus, also included is a bonus DVD with highlights from The Sunflower SUPERJAM 2011, including the last ever, live performance from the legendary Jon Lord. The DVD will be released exactly a year on, on September 16th 2013 but it will be available for preorder from Tuesday 20th August 2013 at 1.00pm via www.thesunflowerjam.com.

2012_hs-15.jpg

Sign up to the newsletter to keep up to date with The Sunflower Jam including upcoming events: http://www.concertforjon.thesunflowerjam.com

The DVD will be released exactly a year on, on September 16th 2013 but it will be available for preorder from Tuesday 20th August 2013 at 1.00pm via www.thesunflowerjam.com.

The Sunfllower Jam is a charity founded by Jacky Paice, wife of Deep Purple drummer Ian Paice. The charity passionately supports the research and application of holistic and nontoxic treatments for children and young adults suffering from cancer.

Facebook.com/Thesunflowerjam // Twitter: @thesunflowerjam

http://www.johnpauljones.com/news_8-20-2013_sunflowerjamdvd.html

I like the cause and the performers, well JPJ was there, that's enough to convince me that I'm in for one. The P&P is only £3.50 to the USA bringing the total to £23.49 or $36.80 USD. I think it's a really good price for all that you get and there's even a little left on top for the charity, I like that.

The Sunflower SUPERJAM 2012 DVD

AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER FROM

TUESDAY 20th AUGUST 2013

16162.jpg

The Sunflower SUPERJAM 2012 was a unique event that brought together some of rock music’s true legends at The Royal Albert Hall making the iconic venue rock like never before. Now, for the first time, The Sunflower Jam charity is raising money by producing an exceptional DVD of this once-in-a-lifetime event. Watch Alice Cooper, Bruce Dickinson, Brian May, Ian Paice, John Paul Jones, Mark King, Alfie Boe and a host of other amazing musicians ‘jam’ on one of the most famous stages in the world.

Plus, also included is a bonus DVD with highlights from The Sunflower SUPERJAM 2011, including the last ever, live performance from the legendary Jon Lord. The DVD will be released exactly a year on, on September 16th 2013 but it will be available for preorder from Tuesday 20th August 2013 at 1.00pm via www.thesunflowerjam.com.

2012_hs-15.jpg

Sign up to the newsletter to keep up to date with The Sunflower Jam including upcoming events: http://www.concertforjon.thesunflowerjam.com

The DVD will be released exactly a year on, on September 16th 2013 but it will be available for preorder from Tuesday 20th August 2013 at 1.00pm via www.thesunflowerjam.com.

The Sunfllower Jam is a charity founded by Jacky Paice, wife of Deep Purple drummer Ian Paice. The charity passionately supports the research and application of holistic and nontoxic treatments for children and young adults suffering from cancer.

Facebook.com/Thesunflowerjam // Twitter: @thesunflowerjam

http://www.johnpauljones.com/news_8-20-2013_sunflowerjamdvd.html

It's good to see JPJ supporting such a worthy cause. Is it just me or does Brian May resemble the iconic portrait of Isaac Newton now that he's let his hair go gray?

Thanks for posting that Sam! The promo makes me salivate just a bit and makes the release date seem so far away even though in reality it is less than a month away. It looks like whoever shot it really did justice to the enormity of the event(s) and to all of the talent involved. I am very excited to see it next month.

Archived