Gay Marriage, Freedom of Speech and Chicken Sandwiches

DAS

When they have the Bible backing them up, they think their views justify nearly anything.

Some do, but in this debate I actually understood Victoria to be saying that her religion teaches that homosexuality is wrong, but that she does not think she has the right to stop people from engaging in it. While I don't agree, it seems to be a position which does not affect the rights of others.

Science doesn't prove anything. There are people out there that thought they were born gay but have changed. That doesn't sound to me like it was hard-wired into their DNA. There is nothing to prove that homosexuality is hard-wired into DNA because you can not test it. You can't just grab some person's DNA and say "This person is gay because I this section here says they are." Nothing so far can prove people are born gay. And if we are following logic here I believe you are the one that is supposed to prove to me that people are born gay. But, because you "don't want to" I guess this will also be my last response to you.

Evidence is coming to light that it is truly genetic that one is gay. some do it experimentally and to be different, ie, for social reasons but are not truly gay. I believe that if someone is truly gay they are born that way. Have no choice. I have seen many people that are gay that wish they were not. They fear social unacceptance and wish they were straight and thus more accepted.

Some do, but in this debate I actually understood Victoria to be saying that her religion teaches that homosexuality is wrong, but that she does not think she has the right to stop people from engaging in it. While I don't agree, it seems to be a position which does not affect the rights of others.

That is correct, but I do not have that belief with ONLY gays. I believe that is true with every sin. Some people think that it is offending to put gay people under the category of liars and cheaters but we all have lied and we all have cheated, so how much more is that offending to put gay people under the category of sinners if we all sin?

Evidence is coming to light that it is truly genetic that one is gay. some do it experimentally and to be different, ie, for social reasons but are not truly gay. I believe that if someone is truly gay they are born that way. Have no choice. I have seen many people that are gay that wish they were not. They fear social unacceptance and wish they were straight and thus more accepted.

While it is safe to say there is evidence to support "natural gays" it is also true to say that there is evidence that one is not born gay. It could go either way. IF someone is truly gay than they chose to be. As for the people who wish they weren't gay: it is all a choice. I can't help but be straight I couldn't even change to be lesbian if i tried.

That is correct, but I do not have that belief with ONLY gays. I believe that is true with every sin. Some people think that it is offending to put gay people under the category of liars and cheaters but we all have lied and we all have cheated, so how much more is that offending to put gay people under the category of sinners if we all sin?

I understand what you are saying. I also understand why some people find it offensive, but if I try to put myself in your shoes I see that it is not intended to be offensive. You come at this issue from a totally different perspective than I do. If I take your words and view them only from my perspective I might easily be offended, but if I try to understand your perspective, while I very much disagree, I understand the point much better.

Thanks for sharing all of this with us. It was actually quite enlightening for me.

DEAD WRONG

Saying that homosexuality is in our DNA is saying that it is genetic. And genetics are passed down through the family. Now, if somebody is born with "gay genetics" than it would have to be passed down through the genes of the parents, grandparents, etc. So far, I haven't seen any gay couple have a baby and passed down their genes with it.

Saying that homosexuality is in our DNA is saying that it is genetic. And genetics are passed down through the family. Now, if somebody is born with "gay genetics" than it would have to be passed down through the genes of the parents, grandparents, etc. So far, I haven't seen any gay couple have a baby and passed down their genes with it.

So how do they get their"tendencies"what's the difference between a man loving a man and a man loving a woman? Who decided that it was wrong? Let's face it if the rumours are true about christ being real - He didn't have a woman did he,Maybe he was gay!

So how do they get their"tendencies"what's the difference between a man loving a man and a man loving a woman? Who decided that it was wrong? Let's face it if the rumours are true about christ being real - He didn't have a woman did he,Maybe he was gay!

I don't know how they get their tendencies I am not a scholar of the brain.

Like I said I don't care if gay people get married or whatever my religion tells me that it is wrong. So God says it is wrong. But it wasn't until recently that the government said that gay marriage is wrong.

And Christ wasn't gay. He is perfect.

I don't know how they get their tendencies I am not a scholar of the brain.

Like I said I don't care if gay people get married or whatever my religion tells me that it is wrong. So God says it is wrong. But it wasn't until recently that the government said that gay marriage is wrong.

And Christ wasn't gay. He is perfect.

Nah, He was bangin' that Mary Magdelin woman, whatever her name was.

While it is safe to say there is evidence to support "natural gays" it is also true to say that there is evidence that one is not born gay. It could go either way. IF someone is truly gay than they chose to be. As for the people who wish they weren't gay: it is all a choice. I can't help but be straight I couldn't even change to be lesbian if i tried.

Go study genetics and come back with a full report

i don't appreciate you disgracing his name like that. He wasn't.

How do you know, where you there, how can you possibly know ? I tend to belive the thought that MM was his partner. edit... After all he had to get his rocks off somehow.

How do you know, where you there, how can you possibly know ? I tend to belive the thought that MM was his partner. edit... After all he had to get his rocks off somehow.

I don't have to be there, I have the Bible to tell me about his life. We are imperfect, and Jesus is perfect. He doesn't need to be a creepy old man like some people and "get his rocks off somewhere"

I think the argument that people are born gay is about as bad an argument as one could possibly make. They always talk about the "gay gene." The only problem is you can't argue for it when there is no evidence for it. FIRST you prove it, THEN you argue for it. Besides this the concept itself is silly. People can then can engage the act of homosexuality and not be homosexuals? Apply this to any other behavior and see if it makes sense? I killed someone because I have the murder gene. It's not my fault I was born that way. Or, I killed those people but I'm not a murderer because I don't have the murder gene. And at the end of the day would it even change the argument at all if there were a "gay gene?" People with an alcoholic parent can be more with a genetic disposition towards drinking. That doesn't justify being a drunk. Ultimately it's an unproductive argument because it's blind theory that opens the door to all kinds of absurdity and would not change the argument even if it were true. On the contrary, there have been significant psychological studies supporting why homosexuals develop their sexual behavior patterns.

I think the argument that people are born gay is about as bad an argument as one could possibly make. They always talk about the "gay gene." The only problem is you can't argue for it when there is no evidence for it. FIRST you prove it, THEN you argue for it. Besides this the concept itself is silly. People can then can engage the act of homosexuality and not be homosexuals? Apply this to any other behavior and see if it makes sense? I killed someone because I have the murder gene. It's not my fault I was born that way. Or, I killed those people but I'm not a murderer because I don't have the murder gene. And at the end of the day would it even change the argument at all if there were a "gay gene?" People with an alcoholic parent can be more with a genetic disposition towards drinking. That doesn't justify being a drunk. Ultimately it's an unproductive argument because it's blind theory that opens the door to all kinds of absurdity and would not change the argument even if it were true. On the contrary, there have been significant psychological studies supporting why homosexuals develop their sexual behavior patterns.

Absolutely! I was going to open that door but Electrophile did not want to debate any more. Thank you for clarifying, I could not have said it better.

Absolutely! I was going to open that door but Electrophile did not want to debate any more. Thank you for clarifying, I could not have said it better.

Congrtatulations!!! You may be the first to ever wear her down.? She may have started drinking by now. LOL

Archived